La Liga - 2015/2016

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It was reported a few weeks ago that the players were beginning to despair at his boring and endless tactical approach.
Yes, I think it was El Confidencial ?, However, I think it's too much information, and unnecessary and perhaps exaggerated. Surely most elite teams have players unhappy with the methods but the press is not talking every day about that. In this case it seems to be a way to sell newspapers during the break of national teams

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yes, I think it was El Confidencial ?, However, I think it's too much information, and unnecessary and perhaps exaggerated. Surely most elite teams have players unhappy with the methods but the press is not talking every day about that. In this case it seems to be a way to sell newspapers during the break of national teams
But who buys those crap newspapers?

Match 8: 17/18 October - Villareal still top

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just to get people back in the mood. The story so far, after 7 games:
Villareal are top with 16 points
Real Madrid, Celta and Barcelona are all on 15
Atletico on 13
Followed by 2 minnows who danced with relegation last season, Deportivo and Eibar on 12

Bottom of the table are Granada, which is kind of disappointing, because whenever I've seen them play they've looked like the first decent Granada team I've seen.

Saturday (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Real Madrid V Levante 15:00
Eibar V Sevilla 17:15
Barcelona V Rayo Vallecano 19:30
Valencia V Málaga 21:00
Real Betis V Espanyol 21:05

Sunday
Villarreal V Celta de Vigo 11:00
Real Sociedad V Atl Madrid 15:00
Getafe V Las Palmas 17:15
Deportivo de La Coruña V Ath Bilbao 19:30

Monday
Sporting de Gijón V Granada CF 19:30

No obvious standout match, but Villareal V Celta will be a good game if the two clubs have retained their pre-international break form.

Last edited:

prarek

Valencia vs Malaga. The two lowest scoring teams in the league but also two of the best defensive records. All signs are it will be a boring low scoring game. *jinx attempt*

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'd say Villarreal-Celta is quite obviously the stand-out match. Villarreal top of the league against Celta who haven't lost a single match and are a single point behind them.

There's such a focus on Serie A this year that many La Liga games aren't being shown if they don't involve Real or Barca so I'll probably not be watching any La Liga this weekend. Serie A has not grabbed me at all. All but one game been quite boring.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Nuno left Negredo out of the team. If I had to bet I´d say that will be sacked before the end of the season.
http://www.marca.com/en/2015/10/16/en/football/spanish_football/1445017524.html
As you probably read Barnett talked again, he said "I don’t think he wants to be the best model in the world or the best underwear seller. That’s not him", According to As Bale apologized to Cristiano in training and wants to fire Barnett, however the relationship between them is definitely tense.
http://as.com/diarioas/2015/10/16/english/1444981719_594876.html
A young austrian CB from Castilla named Lienhart has been called for Benitez, Mayoral will be in the bench too.

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
La Liga are using that 3pm (4pm Spain) slot to help sell international TV rights. The PL televised games move out of that slot, so usually there's no big game from England.

They try to put a Barcelona or Madrid game there, unless the schedule in Spain or the CL/EL makes it impossible.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Madrid start with:
Keylor; Danilo, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo; Casemiro, Kroos, Kovacic, Isco; Bale y Cristiano.

No Ramos, Pepe, Carvajal, Modric, James, Benzema

Jese is on the bench along with Kiko Casilla, Lienhart, Lucas, Cheryshev, Marcos Llorente y Mayoral.

I forget to mention that Levante beat (Liga leaders) Villareal 1-0 just before the international break.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
2-0 Ronaldo after Navas saved a clear Levante chance

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Was about to write that watching Real was so boring nowadays and then they score two great goals

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
FT 3-0. Wasn't the most interesting game football wise but it was worth it for three quality goals. Time for some tapas Benitez

prarek

Borja just put Eibar ahead against Sevilla with a glancing header.

prarek

Borja is an interesting player. 6'3" striker who just turned 23 years old. On loan from Atletico and a product of their academy. Haven't really seen much of him but last season he scored 23 goals in 39 games for Zaragoza in the Segunda. He's carried that form into La Liga and has 5 goals in 8 games(4 starts) already for Eibar. Is anyone familiar with this player? And do you think he has the potential to be a key player for Atletico?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
People uses to call him for the surname,Bastón and I didn't realize who he was.He played in Deportivo,scores easily but fans said that was very clumsy.Good player but in my opinion not for Atletico with so much competence.
Sevilla is not being able to deal with the expectatives created.What is your opinion about Emery?

prarek

Slight improvement in the second half from Sevilla but Eibar still look like the better team. They'll get butchered at the Etihad next week if they play like this.

prarek

People uses to call him for the surname,Bastón and I didn't realize who he was.He played in Deportivo,scores easily but fans said that was very clumsy.Good player but in my opinion not for Atletico with so much competence
Interesting. I got confused with Baston too.

prarek

Gameiro scores from a cross. Actually looks like it bounced off his belly lol. Sevilla look much better now. Both teams going for the win.

prarek

I don't know why Konoplyanka does not start. Reyes is past his prime. Don't think he's started a game in La Liga yet. He looks lively coming off the bench.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Out of topic but a while ago I looked at the sky and I glimpsed Griezmann,Lewandowski and Sterling among Madrid stars :), as Florentino would say they were born to play in Madrid.Sterling is impresive and still can improve a lot.I used to underestimate him.Anyway the Euro will decide many things

Eddy_JukeZ

What a pass to Rakitic and he misses a easy 1vs1. Could have played it to Neymar across.