g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Will finish with 10 men since they are out of substitutions but Vidal loss huge going forward - RFEF continuing to do their sworn duty

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Vidal out is a major blow for us. Just when he started performing on a high level too.

No RB in the final too, which paves the way for a rather dramatic scenario.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Vidal out is a major blow for us. Just when he started performing on a high level too.

No RB in the final too, which paves the way for a rather dramatic scenario.
Big loss, unquestionably - even in the context of this match alone Aleix was instrumental in both of the early two goals that opened the match up. He's not a true RB himself but provides the offensive outlet Roberto has not been able to - shame really as he was beginning to gel with the team

Less concerned about a Final but the CL & League in general - wonder if Lucho will finally consider calling Palencia up. Perhaps Digne can give some minutes there, hard to say but a big blow nevertheless

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
So unlucky for Vidal. He fstarted finding his feet and his pace was an added weapon on that right flank. This is a big blow. Hope he recovers soon.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Big loss, unquestionably - even in the context of this match alone Aleix was instrumental in both of the early two goals that opened the match up. He's not a true RB himself but provides the offensive outlet Roberto has not been able to - shame really as he was beginning to gel with the team

Less concerned about a Final but the CL & League in general - wonder if Lucho will finally consider calling Palencia up. Perhaps Digne can give some minutes there, hard to say but a big blow nevertheless
3-4-3 sounds like the best option when Roberto is out or not performing. Don't see Lucho bringing up Palencia at this stage.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
3-4-3 sounds like the best option when Roberto is out or not performing. Don't see Lucho bringing up Palencia at this stage.

I said that Enrique should have used the 3-4-4 at the start of the season. Roberto has too much ball park to defend so he can't attack effectively without leaving massive gaps so he holds his runs a lot because he lacks the pace to recover. The problem is that I don't think Barcelona are coached very well so the automatisms to use it. The teams positional game is extrememly weak and they depend too much on the qualitative superirotiy of their players. It's a far cry from Guardiolas team

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he disjointed his ankle or at least that would be the best scenario I believe and that tackle was just horrible.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's broken guys, ligaments are gone. Only watched the tackle once, seemed hard and dangerous but not sure it was dirty

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Season is over for him. Not first time Theo guilty of dirty tackles, not even the first time this month that dirty tackles have neither been whistled nor punished against Barcelona this month and we're barely into February

Basque hooligans also attacked Barcelona fans with lead pipes prior to the match in a premeditated attack sending many to the hospital that has to be deemed an act of terrorism but little will come of it per usual

Last edited:

WhoDaGOAT

Hardly.

The team they played isn't a good team, the midfield at Barca is disjointed.
Alavés aren't a bad side. They beat Barcelona 1-2 in Camp Nou and have made it to The Copa del Rey final, where they will almost definitely lose again against Barcelona.

They have a very small budget compared to other La Liga clubs. Marcos Llorente is a gifted midfielder who Real will probably buy back.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Season if over for him. Not first time Theo guilty of dirty tackles, not even the first time this month that dirty tackles have neither been whistled nor punished against Barcelona this month and we're barely into February

Basque hooligans also attacked Barcelona fans with lead pipes prior to the match in a premeditated attack sending many to the hospital that has to be deemed an act of terrorism but little will come of it per usual
So is he the one with a restraining order or is that another one.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His brother is the guy who got arrested for domestic violence

Btw, was the tackle dirty and dangerous or just hard? Live it looked hard, and i refused to watch any replays because i didn't want a close look at vidal's ankle disintegrating...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Btw, was the tackle dirty and dangerous or just hard? Live it looked hard, and i refused to watch any replays because i didn't want a close look at vidal's ankle disintegrating...
I've not seen it, can only go by the reaction on here. Barca fans are bound to be upset. A bit like us and Luke Shaw.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It was dirty, no intent whatsoever to do anything but go through on the tackle to injure the player - no chance to recover the ball much less play it as the ball was heading out of touch and Vidal was merely shepherding it out...and again, not the first time for Theo

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

It was dangerous as it was with excessive force and imprudent even if it was a frontal tackle. Maybe it wasn't 'dirty' as he seemed to be genuinely challenging the ball but like I said it was imprudent as it can get and I don't know if he was expelled or booked but that type of plays should be yellow even if they don't commit a fault just because of how dangerous they are. He was going on full stride and in the last moment he launched his body forward with lifting his sole.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Watched the replay. Theo gets on the ball first, clean, then him and vidal smash into each other. Given the minute and score, it should've been avoided, but i dunno that it was a foul honestly. Would never be a foul in england i think. Freak injury, bad luck

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks and vidal will be back soon. Animo Vidal

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was going on full stride and in the last moment he launched his body forward with lifting his sole.
But he gets on the ball clean. Didn't hit him with the studs, vidal's ankle probably got tangled between theo's right leg and the pitch, or hit the knee. It was a freak accident.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
But he gets on the ball clean. Didn't hit him with the studs, vidal's ankle probably got tangled between theo's right leg and the pitch, or hit the knee. It was a freak accident.
Yeah, I'm watching it again and it seems in the last moment Vidal hesitates and Theo does get to the ball first and as Vidal couldn't fully stop they still collide. Watching it again I think Vidal should have jumped or avoid the challenge in the moment he hesitated because he ended up going in timidly and went with the worst part but I still think is kind of reckless to go with that much force but I don't know how should this be qualified in Spain.

P.S. Just realized he got his right foot injured which it was the foot he was standing on at the time so it was more like an accident like you just said.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It was a bit reckless i agree but not some horror tackle. Could've been a foul, yellow card would've been harsh

@paulscholes18 second time this season IIRC

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Horrific coming together in the Madrid Osasuna game, like a fool I watched the slow motion replay as I thought "typical LA Liga play acting". :eek::houllier:

Hope he makes a quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.