La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I was arguing about football with a culé friend but we need some neutral opinion.Who do you think is better right back,Carvajal or Sergi Roberto?
Carvajal and it is not even remotely close. Sergi Roberto is a very intelligent an reliable player, but he is quite limited on his own. Nobody would talk about him, if we wouldn´t play for Barca.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Carvajal and it is not even remotely close. Sergi Roberto is a very intelligent an reliable player, but he is quite limited on his own. Nobody would talk about him, if we wouldn´t play for Barca.
Thanks Pedro,I think the same(although Sergi continues improving)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I was arguing about football with a culé friend but we need some neutral opinion.Who do you think is better right back,Carvajal or Sergi Roberto?
Given the choice I would pick Carvajal and it's not even close.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Nonsense.
He has given a lot of first-team opportunities to his players and a lot of them have had succesful careers and got millionaire transfers:

Almeria:
Diego Alves(22) (Valencia)
Felipe Melo(24) (Fiorentina)
Negredo(22) (Sevilla)

Valencia:
Mata(20) (Chelsea)
Silva (22) (Man CIty)
Jordi Alba(20) (Barcelona)
Banega (22)
Feghouli (21)
Parejo(22)
Bernat(18) (Bayern)
Alcacer(18)

Sevilla
Kondogbia(19) (Monaco)
Rakitic(24) (Barça)
Alberto Moreno(20) (Liverpool)
Sergio Rico(19)
Vitolo(24)
Cheryshev(23)
Krychowiak(24) (PSG)
It's strange and incorrect view from FCBarca, he clearly has given youth a chance.

In regards to Sergi vs Carvajal, the latter is obviously the better right back, however I find him extremely overrated.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Carvajal by far.

Sergi Roberto needs at least a consistent season as a RB and games against top teams (CL Semis, Finals, vs Madrid or Atleti in La Liga) to have any claim of being at least as good as Dani

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well, my friend is very taliban so he will never recognize it. He also said that Rakitic is better than Modric but I didn´t bother to ask about that :D
:lol:

Should start a thread with poll.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Well, my friend is very taliban so he will never recognize it. He also said that Rakitic is better than Modric but I didn´t bother to ask about that :D
Barca fans tend to overrated their talents until they disappear into obscurity. :wenger: I don´t think that this will happen to Sergi Roberto, because he is a versatile squad player. Still he wont be a long-term starter for them.

Eddy_JukeZ

Carvajal easily.

Probably the best right back in the world.

He is fantastic.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I know my fair share of people like that, he could also tell you that Alba is better than Marcelo :lol:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
2-1 to Granada at the minute. Any idea how Andreas is doing?
Tuned in when Granada scored the second and after that Betis took control of the game, Pereira doesn't have a chance to do anything. Can't say how he was playing before that

RoyH1

Agree. Carvajal is the superior player.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Messi, incredible really - a good match to observe what the generational players had over their peers, a superlative feel for the game

Been a good match otherwise, even Leganes have had their chances and been competitive. Umtiti, what else can you say - has to be the signing of the season thus far. The partnership of him & Pique will be the foreseeable starting pair

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Still don't see Neymar up to speed but Suarez - unrivaled at his position, IMO. The premier striker in football who can beat you in countless ways, has to be a nightmare for a defender

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Neymar assisted 4 goals just several days ago.
Neymar is Neymar, even the best players on their off day will impress. I just think he's not up to playing speed or in tune with Leo & Suarez yet. I feel like Messi & Suarez had more of the pre-season together and the link up isn't smooth enough. Plus, Neymar's finishing isn't there yet for Barcelona

Don't get me wrong, I see Neymar leading this team in the near future should he not fly the coop to P$G

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Leganes have actually been really good. They've pressed Barca high up the pitch and their overall performance is impressive forna newly promoted side. But the Messi and Suarez have killed them through things that are hard to account for.

Messi's work the buildup for all three goals was pure class.

ryan cook

Still don't see Neymar up to speed but Suarez - unrivaled at his position, IMO. The premier striker in football who can beat you in countless ways, has to be a nightmare for a defender
Where do you think he is in the all time strikers list? Possibly only behind Brazilian Ronaldo?

Needham

How insane that La Liga stagger the kick offs like they do. Ridiculous but at the same time if you are a divorced Spaniard with a laptop you could watch every game every weekend.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Where do you think he is in the all time strikers list? Possibly only behind Brazilian Ronaldo?
I don't know really, I can only go by what I've seen in the last 17 years. I remember strikers that instilled fear in the opposition like RVN, Rivaldo or Klose but they all lacked the versatility or unselfishness of Suarez. Plus I think the traditional striking greats were singularly focused on scoring goals like Romario, Ronaldo et al. Suarez is peculiar in that regard because he's ferocious going for goal and setting up his teammates - this was true at Ajax & Liverpool too, not just with MSN. Then there's the ridiculous motor he has, I mean it never stops - even when the match is decided he's still in the mode to punish the defense, never switching off. A big reason I thought it would influence Neymar in a very positive way

But yeah, he's pretty unique in my estimation but I never saw Van Basten in his prime or any of the other greats

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Plus I think the traditional striking greats were singularly focused on scoring goals like Romario, Ronaldo et al.
Think that's not really true or let's say it's true for some of them, wrong for others.
For example people always say Gerd Müller was a poacher when he afair was the top assister for Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.