La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Yeah today he is but he's a quality player. Nacho's just a bit shite.
Shite might be too harsh, he's an ok player for his role (4th CB).

The problem is that Pepe has become world class at covering for Ramos blunders, Nacho lacks either the tactical mind of Pepe or Varane's physique to help cover that much ground

manutd619

1-0 HT

Real have been a bit sloppy in attack and defence

This game is theirs for the taking if they wake up

jungledrums

What? Nacho's been great this season. If he's shite then i don't know what Varane is.
Varane is a potentially world class CB, Nacho is average. I think he's been passable at CB in his 20-30 odd games this season, no more.

prarek

Varane is a potentially world class CB, Nacho is average. I think he's been passable at CB in his 20-30 odd games this season, no more.
Varane has been potential for years now. He's always been error prone albeit he has a much higher ceiling than Nacho. Nacho isn't great but only based on this season i think he's been arguably the most consistent defensive player for Madrid. Does any Madrid fans here disagree? @carvajal @Vato

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Varane has been potential for years now. He's always been error prone albeit he has a much higher ceiling than Nacho. Nacho isn't great but only based on this season i think he's been arguably the most consistent defensive player for Madrid. Does any Madrid fans here disagree? @carvajal @Vato
No idea, I actually don't remember them playing more than a few games this season somehow. If I could keep one I'd keep Varane but you could be right that Nacho has been more solid, I have no clue really.

jungledrums

Conversely, would @Vato and @carvajal rather any 2 of Ramos, Pepe or Varane starting over Nacho at the moment, taking into account this season? He deserves credit for his ability to play across the back line, and temporarily plug holes, but he's a bit of a red flag when starting, I reckon.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree. He is playing great. He is not a super star but his performances are always in 7/10.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Conversely, would @Vato and @carvajal rather any 2 of Ramos, Pepe or Varane starting over Nacho at the moment, taking into account this season? He deserves credit for his ability to play across the back line, and temporarily plug holes, but he's a bit of a red flag when starting, I reckon.
I would have played with Pepe and Ramos. To be honest I am not a big fan of Varane, so Nacho would be my third CB but probably most of fans would disagree

prarek

Yeah Alves is a beast but that didn't look like a good penalty. Very unlike Ronaldo. I'll give the credit to the aura of Alves.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He'll probably score in a minute but I fail to be impressed by Karim Benzema every time I've seen him for the last 2 seasons at least.

beckbeck

Ronaldo has to end the joke of playing as a winger, play as a pure 9 and Madrid need to either put 2 wingers with him or a great midfield to cover for Carvajal/Marcelo going forward
He's not a winger though, there are four midfielders "behind" him, he plays in the 'free role' like Rooney and others

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
50 penalties shot to Diego Alves in Spain: 24 goals, 24 saves :eek: , 2 missed

Status
Not open for further replies.