La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Those last two minutes before the fourth goal. What a fecking B team.

RoyH1

Real is much better without BBC playing. More cohesion and better at playing in reduced spaces.

WhoDaGOAT

I'm not sure if I agree but Isco surely needs to be starting games.
He's 32. You could milk one more season out of him, I guess. But the progress of others will suffer.

I'm a big fan of Benzema, but perhaps it's time for a fresh start without these two. You have some fantastic talents. And I'm sure a striker/winger could be added.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Isco is cumworthy. The closest to prime Iniesta. The entire team was playing nice stuff, I like Kovacic too.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'm not sure if I agree but Isco surely needs to be starting games.
I know you usually rest BBC against the smaller teams but the record without Ronaldo is great. Sure he scores your goals but your football is just so much better without him playing and the goals all spread out. As someone who doesn't like Madrid, I hope Ronaldo keeps playing. I'd have had more confidence in Depor getting something if Benzema and Ronaldo played today instead of these guys.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I know you usually rest BBC against the smaller teams but the record without Ronaldo is great. Sure he scores your goals but your football is just so much better without him playing and the goals all spread out. As someone who doesn't like Madrid, I hope Ronaldo keeps playing. I'd have had more confidence in Depor winning if Benzema and Ronaldo played today instead of these guys.
He's 32. You could milk one more season out of him, I guess. But the progress of others will suffer.

I'm a big fan of Benzema, but perhaps it's time for a fresh start without these two. You have some fantastic talents. And I'm sure a striker/winger could be added.
You could also argue that they are being rested for the bigger games and that's why our B teams shines, because they play against the easier teams? But we seem to play a lot more fluent indeed without the expensive trio.

wr8_utd

You could also argue that they are being rested for the bigger games and that's why our B teams shines, because they play against the easier teams? But we seem to play a lot more fluent indeed without the expensive trio.
I believed the easier teams excuse earlier but it's happening consistently even against more than half decent teams. The sort of interplay with the likes of Isco, Asensio playing is far more difficult to defend against what you're going to come up in the form of BBC. You might lose 40 goals if you don't play Ronaldo but I think the goals will be spread out evenly and you'll be a better team for it.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
No Cristiano and they're out of the Champions League. I'd like to see if these kids have the goal consistency in them (big games included) without Cristiano to actually lead the table. Don't forget they needed a last minute goal to win an 'easy match' just last week.

The young guys should play more as they're fenomenal players but obviously you can't take Cristiano out of this team. Not only it would actually hurt the team right now it would create a whole bunch of trouble outside the pitch. They're first and in the semis of the Champions League, where does this need for drastic changes come from?

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Ridiculous that people think it's Ronaldo holding this team back, a week after he dragged them through a champions
league quarter final against Bayern Munich.

Of the BBC, Bale and Benzema are the ones that need replacing.

wr8_utd

No Cristiano and they're out of the Champions League. I'd like to see if these kids have the goal consistency in them (big games included) without Cristiano to actually lead the table. Don't forget they needed a last minute goal to win an 'easy match' just last week.

The young guys should play more as they're fenomenal players but obviously you can't take Cristiano out of this team. Not only it would actually hurt the team right now it would create a whole bunch of trouble outside the pitch. They're first and in the semis of the Champions League, where does this need for drastic changes come from?
They could try with reducing game time for Ronaldo or Benzema. Not sure there is much justification for continuing to leave out the rest for both of those two. Morata has more goals than Benzema despite playing over 1000 mins lesser.

wr8_utd

Ridiculous that people think it's Ronaldo holding this team back, a week after he dragged them through a champions
league quarter final against Bayern Munich.

Of the BBC, Bale and Benzema are the ones that need replacing.
Bale has barely played with injury so it's Ronaldo and Benzema that need to be looked at. The play is much more fluid and pacey with those two out and it's hard to deny that. Still needs to be seen in the biggest of games but you won't know till you don't try.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
They could try with reducing game time for Ronaldo or Benzema. Not sure there is much justification for continuing to leave out the rest for both of those two. Morata has more goals than Benzema despite playing over 1000 mins lesser.
He's already kinda started phasing Ronaldo out. In years gone by he'd play every minute of every game unless injured (like 28 year old Messi is at the moment). This season he has subbed him numerous times and left him out of the squad like tonight.

Bale has barely played with injury so it's Ronaldo and Benzema that need to be looked at. The play is much more fluid and pacey with those two out and it's hard to deny that. Still needs to be seen in the biggest of games but you won't know till you don't try.
I think with everyone fit Bale should play on the left, Ronaldo in centre forward with Isco out right.

wr8_utd

He's already kinda started phasing Ronaldo out. In years gone by he'd play every minute of every game unless injured (like 28 year old Messi is at the moment). This season he has subbed him numerous times and left him out of the squad like tonight.

I think with everyone fit Bale should play on the left, Ronaldo in centre forward with Isco out right.
I don't think Ronaldo playing full time as a forward would really work. He's great at finishing but I've never been too impressed by him there.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I like this plan of Cristiano playing less games to be at 100% for Champions League.
Ovation to Isco in Riazor. Bale will be out for 3/4 weeks, so a good chance to enjoy Isco's moment.
James and Kovacic also played a good match

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Well they have done so. Hence they weren't playing tonight. It needs to be a gradual change and he's been doing that well imo. If they're winning matches then what would be the point of rushing it? It's not like Ronaldo and Benzema are stopping the young players' progress, they've been playing a lot of minutes and they have space in the team even without them leaving.

I think what will eventually happen is that they'll start playing Cristiano at 9 with Isco winning the starting eleven spot from Benzema. I actually see Perez selling one of Benzema or James and buying a new toy like Hazard or Mbappé.

prarek

Madrid's depth of squad is ridiculous. Isco, James, Asensio, Morata, Vazquez, Kovacic.. :eek:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Malaga owner is not happy with Barca.

Apparently this is what he said: "The scum of Catalunya won't smell La Liga after their lies about Michel (Malaga's coach, who played for Madrid)"

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Madrid's depth of squad is ridiculous. Isco, James, Asensio, Morata, Vazquez, Kovacic.. :eek:
This is the thing I dislike most about modern football. Where is the ambition with these players? Oh yeah great wages and more prestige I guess...

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is the thing I dislike most about modern football. Where is the ambition with these players? Oh yeah great wages and more prestige I guess...
I'm very surprised to hear Isco is close to signing a new contract. Of course playing for Real Madrid is an honour but he's a player that, in my opinion, could start for any other team in the world; including Bayern and Barca. I hate to see him wasting his career on the bench but, if he's just happy collecting a big pay cheque and having a front row seat at the Bernabéu with the odd game here and there, then there's no point in thinking anymore of it.

gaucho_10

All of these players would be playing first team football and making double wages if they left Madrid. That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

Leaving would be the easy way, but they want to play first team football in the white shirt and are willing to make a sacrifice by sitting on the bench and making less money as long as there is a chance they'll become first team players down the line.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I know you usually rest BBC against the smaller teams but the record without Ronaldo is great. Sure he scores your goals but your football is just so much better without him playing and the goals all spread out. As someone who doesn't like Madrid, I hope Ronaldo keeps playing. I'd have had more confidence in Depor getting something if Benzema and Ronaldo played today instead of these guys.
The problem is not ronaldo but bale, Isco plays when Bale doesn't play.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
According to Onda Cero (De la Morena) ,Barsa has an agreement with Theo Hernández.
Alba would be loaned to Atlético
Edit: Marca writes the opposite

Last edited:

Inter Yer Nan

According to Onda Cero (De la Morena) ,Barsa has an agreement with Theo Hernández.
Alba would be loaned to Atlético
Edit: Marca writes the opposite
Better deal would be keeping Hernandez and having him push Filipe Luis for the position. Unless he wants to leave Atletico so badly? I'd rather play Filipe and get somebody else useful from Barca or more money. Maybe I am biased because Alba is one player I just can't stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.