La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
apparently Clos Gomez is going to be the referee for El Clasico

Want to make it any more obvious La Liga wants Barca to win........

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
apparently Clos Gomez is going to be the referee for El Clasico

Want to make it any more obvious La Liga wants Barca to win........
I don't like Clos Gómez but I am more afraid of the over confidence.
Last year Barcelona were better and you know what happened.
Casemiro is playing tomorrow to get minutes before saturday.Half the team resting, Enzo,Odegaard and Tejero could be in the line-up

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can I ask something? Aduriz got sent off on Monday for two yellows. Does the match ban count for the game against Eibar at the weekend or the CDR game on Thursday?

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't like Clos Gómez but I am more afraid of the over confidence.
Last year Barcelona were better and you know what happened.
Casemiro is playing tomorrow to get minutes before saturday.Half the team resting, Enzo,Odegaard and Tejero could be in the line-up
Barca have never lost with him as a ref in 20 games lol

Meanwhile we have dropped 22 points under him as a ref lmao

GG La Liga , GG

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Can I ask something? Aduriz got sent off on Monday for two yellows. Does the match ban count for the game against Eibar at the weekend or the CDR game on Thursday?
I think that the match ban is for the competitions where the cards have been received, so he can´t play in Liga, but I am not entirely sure, @jojojo ?
Barca have never lost with him as a ref in 20 games lol

Meanwhile we have dropped 22 points under him as a ref lmao

GG La Liga , GG
20 games! :lol: , so maybe I should be worried

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Clos Gomez is a bad ref. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, there are no good refs in Spain, so i guess he's fine. He's not the worst they could send. As for the teams recordz with him, it's more coincidence than anything. I've seen him favour us quite a few times, and I've seen him make bad calls against barcelona(few, and he's made more bad calls in their favour than against. But the same goes for us)

Hopefully, he will be a non-factor this Saturday

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why are fans in la liga so obsessed with bent and ill-intentioned referees and league associations? It's really weird. We have a moan abojut incomplete refs in the PL but I only seem to read these extreme conspiracy theorist views in the La Liga thread between Real and Barca fans. Even in the Bundesliga thread you don't see it.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Why are fans in la liga so obsessed with bent and ill-intentioned referees and league associations? It's really weird. We have a moan abojut incomplete refs in the PL but I only seem to read these extreme conspiracy theorist views in the La Liga thread between Real and Barca fans. Even in the Bundesliga thread you don't see it.
Liverpool fans have longstanding conspiracy theories about SAF. We've got threads now about Mourinho and refs. Fans have complained about refs for as long as I can remember.

There's a slightly different edge to it in Spain - basically because the big two are so huge that they effectively have their own media presence, with national football dailies and TV shows. Now throw in politics and a league that frequently ends so close that the odd refereeing decision here and there is a big deal and the suspicion grows. In the end people start to over-analyse every refereeing selection and every decision taken expecting to see bias, rather than human error or random luck.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Fortunatly it is only a few partisan Real and Barca fans, who bring this stuff up in a serious way. It is just friendly banter for everyone else. Especially some of the newer Real/Barca supporters posters are also not the best posters in the world.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It dates back to Franco. Also, Spanish football has a long and rich history of corruption and other not-quite-legal stuff happening(see: maletines). It is a fact that real madrid and barcelona get a lot of help from the refs, every 50/50 decision will generally go their way and they get a lot of bad calls in their favour, and very few against. Year in, year out, they're the two teams that get the most points from ref's mistakes at the end of the season. This is mostly due to the fact that real madrid and barcelona hold a diproportionate political power over spanish football, to the point that if a ref makes a bad mistake against either team, he'd be setting his career back by years. Conversely, if he makes mistakes in their favour, he's more likely to be assigned to ref them again, which in turn makes it more likely that he'll become international.

BTW: the same thing happens in Italy(with the big caveat that for 8 years, italian refs were outright controlled by then-juventus GM Luciano Moggi, and Italian police managed to get enough on it to build the "calciopoli" case. Nearly everyone in Italy, including those few sensible juventus fans, knew about it long before calciopoli. It was obvious to anyone who watched serie A)

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
It's really just mainly Real fans to be fair.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Clos Gomez is a bad ref. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, there are no good refs in Spain, so i guess he's fine. He's not the worst they could send. As for the teams recordz with him, it's more coincidence than anything. I've seen him favour us quite a few times, and I've seen him make bad calls against barcelona(few, and he's made more bad calls in their favour than against. But the same goes for us)

Hopefully, he will be a non-factor this Saturday
Glad to see it's only a couple of Real fans on here that are extremely biased. Yes Barcelona are undefeated in 20 games with him, but many are against the weaker teams and at home. He's gave 4 pens for and 2 against in 20 matches, hardly a statistic that shows he's pro Barca. Also Real have won 18 games of the 27 under him, losing just 4. Two of those defeats against Barcelona in the 3-2 game in Super cup and the 4-3 in the league.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It's the same in Portugal and Italy. It's a cultural thing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because it's a real issue in those countries. Unlike england or germany.

@Mark_Barca ref in the 3-4 was undiano mallenco

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Because it's a real issue in those countries. Unlike england or germany.

@Mark_Barca ref in the 3-4 was undiano mallenco
Yeah, article I read was incorrect, stated this was his fourth and he was the official in the 4-3 game. However will be his third and first la liga one.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Liverpool fans have longstanding conspiracy theories about SAF. We've got threads now about Mourinho and refs. Fans have complained about refs for as long as I can remember.

There's a slightly different edge to it in Spain - basically because the big two are so huge that they effectively have their own media presence, with national football dailies and TV shows. Now throw in politics and a league that frequently ends so close that the odd refereeing decision here and there is a big deal and the suspicion grows. In the end people start to over-analyse every refereeing selection and every decision taken expecting to see bias, rather than human error or random luck.
People are just influentiated by those Barcelona and Real Madrid fans that happen to have some degree in journalism and work writing their manifestos, like with politics, sadly.

Real and Barça are spoiled, every decision tends to go their way screwing lesser teams so when the ref acts equal or even against them people feel cheated. We have it way better than the rest and, when things are 50/50 usually both teams have the same amount of "help".

The way they screw the competition is annoying, in 11/12 the press from Barcelona talked about how Madrid were going to win the league and Ronaldo the pichichi thanks to his 11 penalty goals (this was the start of the "Penaldo" thing I guess) while Messi was at 6, answer from the refs? They oppened the tap once the title was decided and Barcelona got 4 penalties in 3 days. They could've screwed Malaga or Espanyol season with those decisions but it was more important to silence what four monkeys were claiming from Barcelona :lol:

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Glad to see it's only a couple of Real fans on here that are extremely biased. Yes Barcelona are undefeated in 20 games with him, but many are against the weaker teams and at home. He's gave 4 pens for and 2 against in 20 matches, hardly a statistic that shows he's pro Barca. Also Real have won 18 games of the 27 under him, losing just 4. Two of those defeats against Barcelona in the 3-2 game in Super cup and the 4-3 in the league.
That would confirm the skeptic's suspicion. :D

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
As jojojo said there are too much media dedicated to football.
In the afternoon there is a big competence for the football news, which is taking more and more time to the general news.
That competence continues at midnight with the radios and tv.
At the end they don't have anything to say.
Years ago they tried a program called "Maracaná",which It was very correct and was a total disaster
It's more profitable programs becoming in bar conversations,a war between Barsa and Madrid periodists/pundits throwing each other all kind of shit.
Shit that is valid to understimate the success of the other. The media copies the fans and the fans do the opposite.
The tactics conversation is great but not enough to fill the time.The debate with my culé friends is a replica of what we see in the media and twitter: Penaldo,Neymarketing,Alcacer,"Mierdata","Paquetisco",Douglas,Vermaelen,"jajajames",referees,"el trampas","Uefalona" ... right @Ishdalar :D

Match 14 | 2/5 Dec - clasico

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
La Liga this clasico weekend.

Saturday 3rd (all times Spain)
Granada V Sevilla Sat - 13:00
Barcelona V Real Madrid Sat - 16:15 (yes, that's 3:15 UK so not on Sky :eek:)
Leganés V Villarreal Sat - 18:30
Atlético V Espanyol Sat - 20:45

Sunday 4th
Betis V Celta Sun - 12:00
Athletic V Eibar Sun - 16:15
Sporting V Osasuna Sun - 18:30
Alavés V Las Palmas Sun - 18:30
Valencia V Málaga Sun - 20:45

Monday 5th

Deportivo V Real Sociedad Mon- 20:45

cyberman

La Liga has no idea how to market themselves. I can't remember the last time a big match in England was on at this time never mind fecking El Classico

Eila

La Liga has no idea how to market themselves. I can't remember the last time a big match in England was on at this time never mind fecking El Classico
I imagine it's the best time for Asia.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be fair, it's this country and its stupid laws that are more to blame.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A curiosity before el clásico. From what I read I guess you are neutral but, what do you prefer? Madrid or Barça? @prarek , @Skorenzy , @PedroMendez? . @jojojo , you can answer too, but I think that you are madridista :p. What about the rest of posters ?
There should really be a new thread for it, it's crazy having a mega thread for every Barca/Real game in a season
Yes,It´s a good idea. Do it yourself. I would do it but I do not trust my English much to start a thread

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
A curiosity before el clásico. From what I read I guess you are neutral but, what do you prefer? Madrid or Barça?
In general I support Barca in the Clasicos but during Pep's best years (2009-2011) I hoped for Madrid winning because it was tiring seeing Barca so dominant. The 6-2 and 5-0 were football from a different planet though.
I liked Mou's counter-attacking team quite a bit.

I think after Madrid got Kroos and Barca lost Xavi and got Suarez, the games have changed completely. Before that Madrid were always looking to stop Barca - whether by defending deep or pressing very high. After that, Madrid usually dominate the midfield over Barca (even in the 4-0 it was almost equal). Barca were never good at reacting to an opponent and their midfield (especially without Iniesta) isn't top class, so now they're completely reliant on MSN.
I'm jealous of the Madrid midfield, it is the best in the world.
Busquets-Modric-Kroos would be a perfect Barca-style midfield to replace Iniesta-Xavi, while Rakitic is a more Madrid-style player IMO.

This time I hope Barca win because of the title race and because I think Madrid have been extremely lucky for the CL and this season :p

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In general I support Barca in the Clasicos but during Pep's best years (2009-2011) I hoped for Madrid winning because it was tiring seeing Barca so dominant. The 6-2 and 5-0 were football from a different planet though.
I liked Mou's counter-attacking team quite a bit.

I think after Madrid got Kroos and Barca lost Xavi and got Suarez, the games have changed completely. Before that Madrid were always looking to stop Barca - whether by defending deep or pressing very high. After that, Madrid usually dominate the midfield over Barca (even in the 4-0 it was almost equal). Barca were never good at reacting to an opponent and their midfield (especially without Iniesta) isn't top class, so now they're completely reliant on MSN.
I'm jealous of the Madrid midfield, it is the best in the world.
Busquets-Modric-Kroos would be a perfect Barca-style midfield to replace Iniesta-Xavi, while Rakitic is a more Madrid-style player IMO.

This time I hope Barca win because of the title race and because I think Madrid have been extremely lucky for the CL and this season :p
Damn 2-6, I've heard so many times about that match :lol:. At that time many people wanted Madrid to win, or rather see Barcelona lose. We were not lucky this season! 31 games without losing can´t be luck :cool:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
A curiosity before el clásico. From what I read I guess you are neutral but, what do you prefer? Madrid or Barça? @prarek , @Skorenzy , @PedroMendez? . @jojojo , you can answer too, but I think that you are madridista :p

Yes,It´s a good idea. Do it yourself. I would do it but I do not trust my English much to start a thread
Skorenzy is a culé. :nono:

Jojojo can't help but love us. :p

Prarek and Pedro I'm not sure.

Treble

What's the difference in points between Real and Barca after Zidane took over? Must be 12-15 pts or thereabouts. Incredible job by Zidane so far.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
A curiosity before el clásico. From what I read I guess you are neutral but, what do you prefer? Madrid or Barça? @prarek , @Skorenzy , @PedroMendez? . @jojojo , you can answer too, but I think that you are madridista :p
hmm. Good question. Madrid winning on Saturday would make the title race a bit boring, but if I’d have to choose between Barca and Real winning the league, I’d prefer Real (Sevilla/Atletico/Villarreal would be even better, but that looks rather unlikely this season). So I don’t really have a strong preference. A 4:4 draw with Pepe, Ramos, Ronaldo, Alba, Busquet, Suarez, Mascherano and ter Stegen getting sent off would be fun.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
A 4:4 draw with Pepe, Ramos, Ronaldo, Alba, Busquet, Suarez, Mascherano and ter Stegen getting sent off would be fun.
I'll be disappointed if that happens. Something like that deserves to be watched live in HD on big telly, not a scruffy ad-strewn stream that freezes every time anything exciting happens. So, on that basis, I'll go for a cagey, uninspired 0-0. Perhaps Suarez to miss a sitter in the 93rd minute to round it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.