La Liga 2017/18

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
What? Kovacic marking Messi led to the first goal and Messi played the pass that led to the second goal.
"Kovacic marking Messi led to the first goal" - Man marking don't mean, you have to defend your man 90 minutes. It was a "brain error" from Kovacic, not the fault of man marking Messi.

"Messi played the pass that lead to the second goal" - it would be a normal pass, when the RB and RCB would play in their position. But there was nobody to defend Suarez.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Barca trying to be too cute and shooting themselves in the foot almost.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Perez or whoever is in charge of signings is to blame.

Letting go of Morata, Pepe and James with no replacements was a stupid decision. All three played a good squad role last season.
That is true, but unfortunately Perez won’t take the blame as he always has his own Presidency to protect before anything else. If things don’t improve then he will sack Zidane, he has no issue with throwing managers under the bus. Ancelotti won them La Decima and still lost his job the season after. It is a shame if Zidane’s job does become at risk after everything he has achieved.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I expect- "real goes in huge spending spree. Hazard, de gea and neymar coming in real next summer"
Maybe real get a new coach? Surely even they wont be that stupid to sack zidane after winning two champions leagues? Although those were probably won more due to Ronaldo's Genius.

cyberman

Because it stops a goal. Not because it was a deliberate handball.
But it's both so what the argument here? You don't deliberately handle the ball in the line to stop a corner being given.

I mean what happens if he handles the ball for the follow up but it falls to Messi? Give him two red cards? What if Paulinho misses the open goal? Does the ref keep a player on the pitch affecting play even though he should be off? Does the ref keep going giving Barça free shots on goal until they score?
It's a red and the ref never plays advantage after a red card incident. Never.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Suarez’s cheating got his team through to the next stage of the WC when it should have been Ghana. Carvajal’s cheating resulted in Barca getting a goal. So unless you’re attempting a bad joke, this is perhaps the most pointless thing I’ve read today about this match.
Playing with his hands and being punished with that is not cheating. If so, then every foul on the pitch is cheating. Every tackle in penalty box is cheating.

Darkhorsez

Klopp should really watch Zizu on the sideline and learn a thing or two. So cool and calm with so much having gone wrong for his team. A classy bloke.

Rajma

Aw I’m sorry, did I hurt your feelings? How about making a relevant point next time or elaborating on my rebuttal?
What rebrutal you're being a snowflake if you can't understand it's just part of the game and everything was done according to rules, no cheating was done in both episodes- they got that they deserved red cards and penalties awarded, difference is in Suarez case it paid off - here it didn't.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But it's both so what the argument here? You don't deliberately handle the ball in the line to stop a corner being given.

I mean what happens if he handles the ball for the follow up but it falls to Messi? Give him two red cards? What if Paulinho misses the open goal? Does the ref keep a player on the pitch affecting play even though he should be off? Does the ref keep going giving Barça free shots on goal until they score?
It's a red and the ref never plays advantage after a red card incident. Never.
Why is it even argued ? Clear red.

roykeane19

How does Ramos get away from getting a red card every match he plays, every single time ive seen him play over last 5 years, every time he should have been sent off(mostly)

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Suarez’s cheating got his team through to the next stage of the WC when it should have been Ghana. Carvajal’s cheating resulted in Barca getting a goal. So unless you’re attempting a bad joke, this is perhaps the most pointless thing I’ve read today about this match.
Suarez got the exact same punshment as carvajal

red card and a penalty

there is no difference to what either player done sorry to tell you