La Liga 2017/18

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Oyazarbal is brilliant and only 20 years old too. He'll move to a bigger club soon enough

Zoo

Januzaj has made a real difference, good to see him playing like this.

WhoDaGOAT

That's a hat-trick of assists for Guedes.

Luckily for Andreas, Kondogbia will miss the next game and he'll likely start.

Blind

Guedes looks promising, really quick and direct and probably available at the right price with PSG's options up front.

WhoDaGOAT

I am not sure if Marcelino sees him as DM. He doesn't have the quality and skillset to replace kondogbia.
He could move Soler to DM and play Andreas on the right, or simply play him as a DM. He's been groomed for that position by Mourinho. Guedes has surely locked down the LM position for now. Unless Marcelino plays him just off Zaza as a second striker, leaving LM open for Andreas.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He could move Soler to DM and play Andreas on the right, or simply play him as a DM. He's been groomed for that position by Mourinho. Guedes has surely locked down the LM position for now. Unless Marcelino plays him just off Zaza as a second striker, leaving LM open for Andreas.
All I am saying that it would be a huge surprise to me if Pereira ends up playing as DM and I doubt that he could pull it off. Kondogbia is probably Valencia's most important player atm, because he adds steel, which they desperately need.
Pereira could replace parejo but not kondogbia. I don't know who is going to play there. Maybe a defender, maybe soler, maybe maksimovic, maybe he goes with three in the back (i doubt it).
Pereira also won't play on the right; if anyone switches sides, it is going to be Guedes.
Hopefully you are right and I am wrong.

Skorenzy

Barça have been exceedingly clinical so far this season to score 20 and only concede 2, but it really can't last.

In the last 4 games:
v Juventus, shots 9-13, score 3-0
v Getafe, shots 7-13, score 2-1
v Eibar, shots 11-13, score 6-1
v Girona, shots 9-13, score 3-0

Watching them, they will need to improve substantially for the tougher away games unless they can keep up this insane efficiency for an entire season, which seems unlikely.
Against Girona, Messi was man-marked all game and they looked toothless for it pretty much all the way.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Barça have been exceedingly clinical so far this season to score 20 and only concede 2, but it really can't last.

In the last 4 games:
v Juventus, shots 9-13, score 3-0
v Getafe, shots 7-13, score 2-1
v Eibar, shots 11-13, score 6-1
v Girona, shots 9-13, score 3-0

Watching them, they will need to improve substantially for the tougher away games unless they can keep up this insane efficiency for an entire season, which seems unlikely.
Against Girona, Messi was man-marked all game and they looked toothless for it pretty much all the way.
Shots don't tell the whole story. From those 13 shots Girona had for example only 3-4 can be counted as real chances.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The underlying numbers for Barcelona and Real Madrid would suggest real madrid should be the team with 18 points. And yet...barcelona have Messi. They've been lucky in a few instances(own goal against betis, two own goals against girona...) while we've been beset by horror-movie finishing, and now we're 7 points behind them and will have to win pretty much every game for the next 2 months to not slip further behind -because barcelona will improve and Messi is still Messi.

Schneckerl

Shots don't tell the whole story. From those 13 shots Girona had for example only 3-4 can be counted as real chances.
they shouldn't get outshot against the likes of girona or eibar, no matter the context

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The underlying numbers for Barcelona and Real Madrid would suggest real madrid should be the team with 18 points. And yet...barcelona have Messi. They've been lucky in a few instances(own goal against betis, two own goals against girona...) while we've been beset by horror-movie finishing, and now we're 7 points behind them and will have to win pretty much every game for the next 2 months to not slip further behind -because barcelona will improve and Messi is still Messi.
What goes around comes around. Zidane has been very lucky so far :D

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
they shouldn't get outshot against the likes of girona or eibar, no matter the context
Early in the season. As long as the games are in control, no reason to panic. Except for the Getafe game, Barca had all games under control. Big test will be Atletico. I'd say it's equal chances for an Atletico win, a draw or a Barca win.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Betis 4 levante 0
Levante 3 real sociedad 0
Real 3 Villareal 0
Villarreal 3 Betis 1

100 per cent la liga here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think this is untrue. The early season results mask Barcelona's issues. To suggest they're getting away with bad performances would be going too far. But it's definitely a case of the Messi factor and them being clinical rather their weaknesses disappearing. I still feel that, unlike real, you can shut down their midfield. Which is why they were so successful last season.

To put it simply you can try pressing Madrid midfield but they'll find a way around you. Do the same with Barcelona well and they'll rely on their forwards bailing them out and doing all the work.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

DomesticTadpole

I think Pepe Mel can be the next,and soon
Where are they all going to get new managers from, surely they will be looking at out of work managers who were sacked for doing a bad job elsewhere as anyone doing a decent job is not moving?

I see Villareal have gone in-house with Javi Calleja.

DomesticTadpole

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Where are they all going to get new managers from, surely they will be looking at out of work managers who were sacked for doing a bad job elsewhere as anyone doing a decent job is not moving?

I see Villareal have gone in-house with Javi Calleja.
There are still decent managers without job but they could risk with someone younger.
Every year there are promotions of former players:Morientes,Baraja...
Not related to this but Xabi Alonso announced that wants to be coach :drool:
Who are Villareal gonna appoint?
Since he is ex player and was doing well with Villarreal B I think that will have the chance until the end of the season

DomesticTadpole

There are still decent managers without job but they could risk with someone younger.
Every year there are promotions of former players:Morientes,Baraja...
Not related to this but Xabi Alonso announced that wants to be coach :drool:

Since he is ex player and was doing well with Villarreal B I think that will have the chance until the end of the season
Could imagine him being good. Seems a really intelligent guy.