La Liga 2017/18

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Probably been mentioned but why the empty stadium?
Supporters group threatened a pitch invasion if the match went ahead, Barcelona requested the match to be postponed, LFP threatened a three point deduction if Barcelona didn’t play the match so they just went ahead behind locked doors.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
He didn't lose the ball 2 times, he's misplaced a lot more passes than that. He's not playing surrounded by 3 players either. Girona and us man marked him and clearly tried nullifying Barça by nullifying Messi, that's not been the case so far. He's been able to run at Las Palmas' defense several times. He's missed about 3 chances that he usually scores too. Not sure why you're so offended. This is clearly been a pretty subpar game by his standards even though him and Barça have improved since the 1-0.
He's God and everything Messi does is perfect and should never ever be criticized. Better?

Can you go to sleep tonight?
It's not about him being god, is about chaining Messi to absurd standards to say he's performing good or bad, for me his game right now with 2 goals is as good as 10 minutes ago, but it seems that if he creates a lot of chances and space on his own while his teammates are non-factor it goes unnoticed, nevermind that he needs to score the winner or at least a brace to have a "great game" when he does a lot of things beyond scoring in this team.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It's not about him being god, is about chaining Messi to absurd standards to say he's performing good or bad, for me his game right now with 2 goals is as good as 10 minutes ago, but it seems that if he creates a lot of chances and space on his own while his teammates are non-factor it goes unnoticed, nevermind that he needs to score the winner or at least a brace to have a "great game" when he does a lot of things beyond scoring in this team.
He was geniunely poor in the first half though, that was all I was saying. Didn't create chances, finishing, passing and dribbling were all off.

He's been much better in the second half. Anyway, let's move on.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
21 points out of 21 for Barça. 23 scored, 2 conceded and with Dembele still injured. Impressive no matter how you look at it.

Fixtures will start getting more complicated from now on.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
If shit Barca is 10 points ahead of Madrid and 7 out of 7 wins, if they go up a level they walk the league. :lol:

And there are people who compared this Madrid with Pep's Barca. Hilarious. 2009-11 Barca was never in this situation.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If shit Barca is 10 points ahead of Madrid and 7 out of 7 wins, if they go up a level they walk the league. :lol:

And there are people who compared this Madrid with Pep's Barca. Hilarious. 2009-11 Barca was never in this situation.
Didn't Pep's Barça finish 9 points behind Real Madrid in one season?

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Messi looking to reach 50 league goals?
Could very well reach that number. Today he wasn't even that great and could've had a hattrick with ease. Leading the weakest Barca in a long time to a title win against the stronger Madrid I've seen would be one of his best achievements. I remember a time when people said Messi is great because he has Xavi and Iniesta next to him... :lol:

Skorenzy

Could very well reach that number. Today he wasn't even that great and could've had a hattrick with ease. Leading the weakest Barca in a long time to a title win against the stronger Madrid I've seen would be one of his best achievements. I remember a time when people said Messi is great because he has Xavi and Iniesta next to him... :lol:
It ain't happening unless either the collective chance creation increases in general (and especially in away games), or Messi's "intensity" improves greatly on an individual level.
Case in point, the service just isn't there in away games and as a result he's only scored in 1 out of the 5 he's played in. Especially worrying for you guys how Girona and Sporting CP nullified him.

Barça might win the league, but based on their current form it's looking like a R16/QF exit in CL depending on the opponent.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Suarez' finishing was awful, but aside an occasional heavy touch i thought he was actually good in open play. He pulled off a couple of difficult passes in the first half and combined well at times, much better than any game I've seen of him this season.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
It ain't happening unless either the collective chance creation increases in general (and especially in away games), or Messi's "intensity" improves greatly on an individual level.
Case in point, the service just isn't there in away games and as a result he's only scored in 1 out of the 5 he's played in. Especially worrying for you guys how Girona and Sporting CP nullified him.

Barça might win the league, but based on their current form it's looking like a R16/QF exit in CL depending on the opponent.
I'm fine with any CL exit as long as we win the league. La Liga is our no1 objective each season. Don't think we'll go out in round of 16 though, and from the QF onwards everything can happen depending on the team's form and many other factors.

Chances creation will probably go up as we advance in the season. Team can still improve.

Stocar

Champions league is a cup competition, no one can predict how it will pan out. They have as good a chance to win it as any of top 4-5 teams, like every year.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
He's off form for quite a while. Still a dangerous player for any team to play against though.
I see.

Barca really are going to have a tremendously difficult time replacing players like him. The market has really changed in the last three years.

Moiraine

Andreas played for 72 mins and was then taken off. No idea how he played though as i didn't watch the match
Thanks. Valencia are getting their @rse kicked at the moment. Bilbao are all over them...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Here we go again. Less than a minute and we already missed a sitter

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well at least we've finally started well at home against a shite team