Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why is he so fast in FIFA? I thought he was a Mahrez-esque player in terms of pace. Quick with the ball but not Walcott/Bale pacey.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Why is he so fast in FIFA? I thought he was a Mahrez-esque player in terms of pace. Quick with the ball but not Walcott/Bale pacey.
Wow, have you never seen him sprint? He's stupidly fast once he gets into his stride. Another great game from him today, the talent we have right now with B Silva, Sterling, Jesus and Sane is ridiculous.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Fastest in the league, I think. Watch his goal against Arsenal last time they met. He made Bellerin look like a tortoise.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wow, have you never seen him sprint? He's stupidly fast once he gets into his stride. Another great game from him today, the talent we have right now with B Silva, Sterling, Jesus and Sane is ridiculous.
Yep, and half of them aren't starters. Shame Foden or Brahim couldn't get on but guess the game was too close to risk them. They should have a better chance of minutes against Wolves.

wiz4231

Would love to see him at UTD as a RW. I'd rather UTD spunk 80M on sane than Griezmann.
Imagine:
Lukaku
Martial...........................L.Sane
As our front line and Rashford as backup to any of them.

Home&Away

Would love to see him at UTD as a RW. I'd rather UTD spunk 80M on sane than Griezmann.
Imagine:
Lukaku
Im glad I'm not the only one not too fussed about griezmann. A top player but a bit over valued due to his love for United which is actually a love for Beckham. I'd much prefer finding a player like sane since we obviously can't get the guy

WhoDaGOAT

Imagine:
Lukaku
Im glad I'm not the only one not too fussed about griezmann. A top player but a bit over valued due to his love for United which is actually a love for Beckham. I'd much prefer finding a player like sane since we obviously can't get the guy
We're obviously never going to be able to land Sané, so we'll have to settle for someone like Gelson Martins of Sporting.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's obviously been practicing his curlers to the keepers' right.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
MOTM again today. He's such an underrated talent. He's only 21, yet he's rarely mentioned in conversations about youth.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why is B.Silva not playing much since the start of the season ? How has been anyway ? A good talent that I predicted would waste his time and career at City.

Red Star One

Sane, Martial, Rashford, Jesus... All 21 or younger. Could be that Manchester is the most talented U-21 city in Europe, no?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
MOTM again today. He's such an underrated talent. He's only 21, yet he's rarely mentioned in conversations about youth.
He's a complete winger. Whether it's going wide and crossing it, cutting inside and finishing, drifting around the final third, he can do it. Unselfish when he needs to be and selfish at the right times.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Why is B.Silva not playing much since the start of the season ? How has been anyway ? A good talent that I predicted would waste his time and career at City.
Settling into a new league and competing with a lot of players for his position, it's only natural he has not had too many minutes so far. He's shown his talent in glimpses but also clearly needs to adjust to the league's pace and physicality. He'll have more than enough game-time to prove himself worthy of a regular slot in the starting XI, but right now Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Aguero, Silva and KdB are delivering the goods.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Depends if Guardiola sees him as David's successor or not.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He is a G.Jesus, Martial, Rashford level of talent, doesn't get half the attention they do though.

kouroux

Settling into a new league and competing with a lot of players for his position, it's only natural he has not had too many minutes so far. He's shown his talent in glimpses but also clearly needs to adjust to the league's pace and physicality. He'll have more than enough game-time to prove himself worthy of a regular slot in the starting XI, but right now Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Aguero, Silva and KdB are delivering the goods.
All the reasons I made that bold prediction. I could be completely wrong in a few months time.

Treble

City struck gold with Sane and Jesus. Any of them would cost 100M+ in the current market.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
What's the rationale behind your prediction?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Great goal and a few assists to boot. He did miss a sitter though from a 1 on 1 but the keeper made a decent save. Interesting to see if he gets the nod against Chelsea.

Maybe that he's good and talented enough to be a guaranteed starter and it looks like he's very far from it in your club?
Gets to train with players better than him everyday at playing his style of game, under a manager who's game suits that kind of player. I'm sure his career will do just fine. He's also made 7 appearances in 8 games.

kouroux

What's the rationale behind your prediction?
Not so much of a rationale but more like a feeling, too many similar players to him performing better than him. Not really sure that City will have patience if say other promising players are available in the futur transfer windows.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
For me, due to the type of player he is, he's probably my favorite of the current young crop of talents emerging across Europe (putting rivalries aside obviously). It's quite rare to see a left-footer playing left forward/wing for a top side these days. I'm sure the comparison has already been made earlier in the thread, but he kind of reminds me of a young Giggs.

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
Well come back and gloat on the day your prediction comes true. Until then, I'll say bollocks.

Btw, David Silva is coming up to 32. Bernado Silva is only just turned 23. Which player has the brighter future at City? He's come to City specifically to work under Guardiola. I think he's going to do just fine.

kouroux

Well come back and gloat on the day your prediction comes true. Until then, I'll say bollocks.

Btw, David Silva is coming up to 32. Bernado Silva is only just turned 23. Which player has the brightest future at City? He's come to City specifically to work under Guardiola. I think he's going to do just fine.
Why would I gloat :wenger: ? I gain nothing from being right or wrong...

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
Why would I gloat :wenger: ? I gain nothing from being right or wrong...
Fair enough. Let me rephrase it then:

I think your prediction that "B.Silva would waste his time and career at City" is nonsense.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I hope pep tears into him for his greedy selfish attitude tonight.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I hope pep tears into him for his greedy selfish attitude tonight.
I don't think he should tear into him, but he was greedy and should be spoken to, especially late in the second half when he did so well to cut in then shot when Sterling was free. You can do that when you're already winning comfortably but not at 1-0. A very positive performance from him again though, his selfishness and horrific dive aside.

Boycott

If you put club bias aside he really is an enjoyable player to watch. Most young attackers now tend to want to move into the middle after a while but he looks like he relishes being on the flank.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Just a little fact here. Leroy Sane has clocked the fastest sprint since Premier League records began.

The Blues ace was recorded running at 35.48 kilometres per hour (22.05 mph) in the 1-0 win at Chelsea, which outstripped the previous fastest, by Jamie Vardy in the 2015-16 season.

To put that in perspective, if Sane could sustain that pace over 100 metres, he would have qualified for the semi-finals at the last Olympic.