Let's all laugh at England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Poland has much bigger issues of it's own to deal with before you get all self righteous about England fans.
United have far more worse and arrogant chants. There's a deeper lying hate in here for England that no one will admit to, so they blame the song.

You have Polish fans complaining about English hooliganism, and European fans complaining about English diving and racism. I mean really?
Not fans, the media, and not polish, but Europe - wide.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You really have shown yourself to be no better than the "arrogant" fans you hate.

Like I said before, hate England all you like, laugh that we lost the final, enjoy it, but at least be man enough to be honest about why.
Oh well. Again with the hate, not sure where you get that from. I’ve had plenty of decent conversations with England fans on here and there is no hate. Just a difference of opinion of how I see some things. If you and your defenders get you knickers in a twist over that, so be it.

GBBQ

Our fans saying the English are arrogant, when one of our most famous banners is "not arrogant, just better". :lol: The reality is glaring at you, ladies and gents.

What some of you think of the England fans is what the majority of football fans see you as a Manchester United fan.
Thats nonsense, none of the big PL teams are seen as having big hooligan fan bases. The PL has become mostly sanitised family friendly fare. You have fans of United, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea regularly travelling around Europe each week and clashes are extremely rare.

The view of the thug England fan is much worse and almost like trouble is expected. I think it was Andy Mitten who said that the fans tend to be from areas where their local teams are in the lower leagues (think he name checked Coventry as an example) and that these fans might not have as many big football nights so go all in for England and tend to be the ones going nuts.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Your absolutely clueless if you thing that song is arrogant. I actually feel sorry for you and your lack of intelligence on this subject. It's quite sad really.
It's jinxed is what it is. Jinxed i tells ya!

The Hilton

Oh well. Again with the hate, not sure where you get that from. I’ve had plenty of decent conversations with England fans on here and there is no hate. Just a difference of opinion of how I see some things. If you and your defenders get you knickers in a twist over that, so be it.
It's not just a difference of opinion when you resorted to childish insults, when I was nothing but respectful in my explanation of why you're missing key context about the "It's coming home" song/chant. Anyway nothing I, or anyone, tells you about it will change your mind, you'll continue to think that you know more about English football fan culture than English football fans, and I imagine you'll remain unable to grasp the irony in you disliking England fans because of their "arrogance".

DoomSlayer

Thats nonsense, none of the big PL teams are seen as having big hooligan fan bases. The PL has become mostly sanitised family friendly fare. You have fans of United, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea regularly travelling around Europe each week and clashes are extremely rare.

The view of the thug England fan is much worse and almost like trouble is expected. I think it was Andy Mitten who said that the fans tend to be from areas where their local teams are in the lower leagues (think he name checked Coventry as an example) and that these fans might not have as many big football nights so go all in for England and tend to be the ones going nuts.
Never spoke about hooliganism, but I can go that way too. Remember vividly the picture of the Marseille hooligans during Euro 2016. Lovely times, fans were enjoying their wines and baguettes. Or simply we should look at the ultras of most Italian clubs - proud fascists and nazi lovers. The guys from Poland have no right to speak either, because one of the most feared hooligan groups come from there, literal killers.

Basically, most of you are a bunch of hypocrites and have no ground to stand on when accusing the English for being "arrogant" or having hooligan fans.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
just got back from a gutting defeat, which I attended with my 73 year old dad, whose recovering from a stroke, and almost certainly the last tournament I’ll attend with him after nearly 20 years of doing so, and absolutely heartbroken at missing the only chance we’ll get to see us win something together
:( shame. Good on you for making it real.

The whole fans/hooligans angle has been lost on me since we played in 2014 in Sao Paulo. Before, after, but particularly during the game, regular folk cheering for their country as legitimately as I was.

And I'd add, more respectfully. There I was with my flag and painted face, surrounded by England fans, belting out "You're not singing any more" after Suarez's second. You know what shut me up? Looking around and realising I was the bellend in that section.

red4ever 79

This is the best thread, and i hope it wins thread of the year 2021. Beautiful beautiful day. I heard it was raining in England today. Tears from the skies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Do you have a lot of people blocked or something because you must have missed all the vile and spit and people calling people plastics, go support someone else along with a lot of other colourful words?

Or maybe this blindness is a possible reason as to why many are gleeful that England lost and just want to have a little bit of fun taking the Micky out of English fans until we can once again all come together for the mutual love of Manchester United.
Probably because they’ve been tarred as if they’re part of the shit contingent of England fans for the last week or so by lot of people on here, by people saying England fans have no respect while showing perfectly normal and innocent England fans no respect on a largely English forum. The irony is off the charts.

You can’t make sweeping statements and go off on completely wrong narratives just so you can have a go at people and not expect them to respond (not saying that’s you), even if it is supposedly just banter.

SirAnderson

I woke up and been slogging through this all day :lol: :lol:
Still like 11 more pages to go. But for every 1 I read, I come back and there is 2 more.

This is my thread of the year for sure.
Its the most hilarious shite ever :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Wonder how that England fan who got the tattoo England Euro 2021 winners on his arm last week is feeling now. Least he wasn't being arrogant
I think it was @fergies coat

I remember his arrogance pre final. Full meltdown today.

Love to see it:drool:

Gonçalo Motta

Why did the song 3 lions bother you so much?
Completely lack of respect for the teams they still needed to play against to win it. And although the England NT has quality, they barely did anything as a team that could convince anyone without any doubt that they would be the team lifting the trophy.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's not just a difference of opinion when you resorted to childish insults, when I was nothing but respectful in my explanation of why you're missing key context about the "It's coming home" song/chant. Anyway nothing I, or anyone, tells you about it will change your mind, you'll continue to think that you know more about English football fan culture than English football fans, and I imagine you'll remain unable to grasp the irony in you disliking England fans because of their "arrogance".
The one time I called you petal? Ok I apologise for that if it cut you so deep.

and Once more, I fully understand the lyrics and meaning behind the three lions song and have liked it since it’s release.

sully07

Yeah I can see you're warm and fuzzy inside. So warm and fuzzy you even compared this to being a United fan under Sir Alex winning million trophies.
Was the hate too strong to actually try to understand what I had written before replying? I wasn't saying the success and number of trophies was similar, just the hate received. Maybe a little thought before responding next time?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Self-loathing, insecurity, hair loss and lashing out as a result, who really knows?
I'm quite happy with my hair to be fair.

The argument is not about whether the actions are condonable, but rather when you seem to claim "English fans are the worst" which is ironically already undermined by the very source that you provide.

If you want a discussion about the reasons for an anti-English-bias, then that is for another thread:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/why-are-england-so-hated-as-a-nation.463893/page-28#post-27493883
What do you expect? This tournament, the English shared the head lines only with the Hungarian fans and they went out in the group stage. So naturally, everybody antagonizes you and not the Russians. 2021 you were the country that embarassed itself the most in so many ways and that's the cause for the gloating.

Every tournament has a host nation and it’s never been framed as ‘rigging it’ before. That’s not discounting that this tournament effectively had numerous host nations. England is also the best placed to host a tournament in these situations because of how much of an international country it is. There are large diasporas for most countries here which allowed 8000 Danes to support their team, at Wembley in contrast England were allocated 4500 tickets for their semi final against Croatia in 2018. There are 600000 Italians in the UK, many in London so whilst only 1000 came from Italy the number was much greater in the stadium. We were due to play Germany in Dublin but Ireland pulled out and Germany were the only other nation to bid for the semi-final. The tournament was originally split across countries because the bidding came after the financial crash in 2008 and no one wanted to host it it. England didn’t even have the level of home advantage a side would have in a normal tournament because of Covid restrictions and playing an game away. I’m curious as to why you think this is a big deal?

@Zehner

There was widespread rioting and looting across France after their win in 2018, people died. were you even aware of this, maybe look up ‘availability heuristic‘ and ‘confirmation bias‘? Of course that’s not to say that England doesn’t have significant issues of its own that need sorting out but when damnation is selectively applied then the motives of those issuing it can can reasonably be questioned.
France was 2018 and if they made it to the final in similar fashion as England did in 2021 with all the noise, the reactions would have been the same. This isn't about an England bias, it's just people don't want bad behaviour to be rewarded.

Football hooliganism is also a lot worse in general in all the other large European countries than it is in England, including Germany, we basically don’t have it at club level anymore. Does this mean we can look down on German football fans?
Yes, absolutely. It's a shame how certain fan groups act in Germany. And if our manager says something stupid, you can also criticize that. Actions and consequences

I think things like bigotry and racism essentially comes from our evolutionary psychology and tribal natures but also that by devaluing others we can feel better about ourselves, our identity and our position in the world. All people do it, at least at times, to a greater or lesser degree.
True but this doesn't explain the universal antagonization of England this tournament. Personally, I haven't experienced something like that bar maybe Italy 2006 - and I don't know if that was really an international phenomenon or limited to Germany. Probably the whole of Europe perceived you as the bad guys in this final.

Schneiderman

I don't know what he's said now, but he's the chief prick referred to in Mockney's post. I wouldn't bother anymore.

He clearly gets off on pissing people off (even if we're all United fans), so let him enjoy it. In all likelihood we're wasting our time arguing with a teenager.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Was the hate too strong to actually try to understand what I had written before replying? I wasn't saying the success and number of trophies was similar, just the hate received. Maybe a little thought before responding next time?
You aren't getting hate. You're getting ridicule.

Don’t flatter yourself too much.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So what, is there a new dick-measuring trophy now, whose hooligans are the least violent or racist?
I'm just responding to all the weirdos who are saying it's hypocrital to dislike England for its hooligans when your country has it. Whatever one chooses as a reason to support one team and as result want the other to lose, is completely irrelevant

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wait, i don't get it. So you mean because there are 600k italians living in England, that England is the best place to host a tournament like this or what was the point? Do you even know how many foreigners live in other countries? Without checking the facts, i would bet there are more in France and Germany.
In fairness, those two won the last couple of World Cups. If you had to choose a neutral ground for a Euro final BEFORE the tournament London was the obvious safe choice out of the bigger cities.

I also think if anything holding the final at home was a curse once you got to squeaky bum time.

The Hilton

The one time I called you petal? Ok I apologise for that if it cut you so deep.

and Once more, I fully understand the lyrics and meaning behind the three lions song and have liked it since it’s release.
You also told me to bore off.

It's amazing that you can't have this conversation like an adult - even in your "apology" you're being insulting.

And you can say you understand it as much as you like, you continue to demonstrate that you don't understand it, or the people singing it, at all.

The Hilton

I don't know what he's said now, but he's the chief prick referred to in Mockney's post. I wouldn't bother anymore.

He clearly gets off on pissing people off (even if we're all United fans), so let him enjoy it. In all likelihood we're wasting our time arguing with a teenager.
I think you're probably right.

I don't mind people laughing at England at all, it's part of football banter. Singing "It's coming Rome" is actually pretty funny. But yeah don't try to justify your dislike of England with a fundamental misunderstanding of their fans and football culture, just own up to not liking them for any number of other perfectly good reasons.

Bosws87

Whole thread is bizarre to me, i could never imagine going on Juventus or Milan's forum and just hammering into Italy :lol:

Its not even witty or funny about 95% of the comments.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
You just knew this would happen after all the ridiculous threads in the semi finals.

Some of y'all need to just log off and calm down.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
How very arrogant of you to just assume and make such a brushing statement, as if getting my nationality right is beneath you, when it's visible right there on my profile. :nono:

And the racism on social media is international. I've seen all types of people say nasty racist things. So I'm talking about Manchester United fans in a global aspect, not just domestically. I say our fanbase has big problems, racism being one of them.
Never spoke about hooliganism, but I can go that way too. Remember vividly the picture of the Marseille hooligans during Euro 2016. Lovely times, fans were enjoying their wines and baguettes. Or simply we should look at the ultras of most Italian clubs - proud fascists and nazi lovers. The guys from Poland have no right to speak either, because one of the most feared hooligan groups come from there, literal killers.

Basically, most of you are a bunch of hypocrites and have no ground to stand on when accusing the English for being "arrogant" or having hooligan fans.
As I said I’m Irish, we don’t have ANY hooligans. I don’t want to be associated with hooligans or racists and neither do 99.9% of the people on here, If any at all. You’re having a tantrum here big time man. Accusing innocent non discriminative people of enabling the racial abuse of footballers and all? It’s way ott and wide of the mark when you’re talking to most of us. As an Irish person we were abused in every imaginable way by the English yet you call me a hypocrite? At least I can let it all go and enjoy football for what it is, entertainment, unlike some England fans and media. The vast vast majority of United fans are more than alright with me, they’ve always been very welcoming to all nationalities as far as I could see. Big Irish influence in Manchester. Great nights. Happy days.

27 arrests out of how many millions of fans? I’d say relatively speaking that’s a very low number of idiots who are now banned for life. Good for them. Hopefully the club keeps it up! That element clearly still exists in English society. Hero’s when they win, immigrants when they lose. It’s sickening to me.

Like linking an article like that and calling people hypocrites just makes you look daft. Is there a problem in football? Absolutely but we aren’t the worst club out there, not by a long long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.