Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redNATION

Absolutely no blame on him or varane today, this is an example of what happens when you have no midfield in front of you, constantly getting exposed will leak goals regardless of who’s at the back.

Superunknown

He's amazing. Don't blame him at all for the defeat today. Ineffective midfield and too many players around him making mistakes all over the place.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Our best player today. Showed heart and quality. Shame we didn't get both from a lot of the lads today.

Sylar

Rare to concede three and think the two cbs were both good. Great goal, Happy for him to score but a shame it meant nothing in the end

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Warrior. My favourite defender since Vidic

Cas18

Brave header for the goal. A lot of players wouldn't have gone in there.

Irwin99

He and Varane were holding it together for so long, even though the midfield and full backs struggled. Weird to say since we conceded three goals but generally a really strong performance, good goal and celebration too :drool:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Love him. Shame his first goal for us couldn't have come under better circumstances, but I'm happy that he seems to be back at full speed and we'll be in very good shape again with Casemiro in front of him.

lumeyes

Didn't deserve to be on the losing side today. The argument can be made that he enforced the midfield more than MCT or Eriksen, or even both of them combined.

Chairman Steve

Loved that dinked header he did for our 2nd goal. Perfectly placed just under the crossbar to evade the reach of even the tallest Arsenal player on the line. That was a moment of underrated genius.

RuudTom83

Love the man!

Hope he can pick up at least one cup medal to celebrate his first season at the club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's just a world class player tbh. You never see him really make a mistake, on or off the ball. He always seems to time his tackles perfectly, and comes up with so many great interceptions.

Siorac

We conceded three goals and you could easily say that the centre-backs were our best players.

Says a lot about the midfield performance, sadly.

AdNani

He's going to be every bit as important as Casemiro & Varane in the next few seasons.

BlueHaze

I don't think anyone can deny this;

Him & Varane is our best CB partnership since Rio & Vidic..

Skills

Snitch
That was such a clever header btw. Not many players would have the sense to do what he did to score

Hughes35

I don't think anyone can deny this;

Him & Varane is our best CB partnership since Rio & Vidic..
Yea 100%. Not as good as Rio and Vidic but no doubt they're the closest.

Hopefully we have them both fit and firing for a few years together.

Blood Mage

Do we have the best CB partnership in the league currently? You could argue that there are better individual defenders than Martinez and Varane in the league (Saliba, Silva, Dias) but I don't see another partnership as good as this one.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Basically a rhetorical statement.

No sane United fan would propose otherwise.
In terms of actual individual quality - I wouldn't dispute it.

But... Smalling + Blind under LvG was basically the weaker version of them (both players basically having similar strengths and weaknesses to the current duo, just at a lower level) -- though they did win a Europa and an FA Cup together. The trophies will [hopefully!] come with Licha and Varane soon.

SAFMUTD

That was such a clever header btw. Not many players would have the sense to do what he did to score
I don't think he meant that it was perfectly placed but I think it was more due to luck.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Do we have the best CB partnership in the league currently? You could argue that there are better individual defenders than Martinez and Varane in the league (Saliba, Silva, Dias) but I don't see another partnership as good as this one.
Saliba and Gabriel arguably better considering league position.

HackeyC

And this is the individual player's performance thread.
No issue with that, but my response was to a question about defensive partnerships :)

Crimson King

Nah I think if you swap the CB partnerships Arsenal becomes even better. Arsenal certainly defends better as a team though in terms of how they press from the front which helps considerably
They have had nearly 3 years together to perfect that though. You'd hope after 3 years and a few more signings in key positions we'd reach that level too. We already show it in flashes here and there this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.