Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

They have had nearly 3 years together to perfect that though. You'd hope after 3 years and a few more signings in key positions we'd reach that level too. We already show it in flashes here and there this season.
Oh I agree I'm not criticizing us for the lack of cohesion, was more just making the point that I think Varane and Martinez is a better pure CB partnership even if Arsenal has a better defensive record.

Crimson King

Saliba only properly joined the Arsenal squad this year.
That's a fair point, but they seem to defend really well from the front. Especially when Jesus is in the team, who also just joined, but came from a great team that were used to winning. No doubt that's helped the backline, as both Saliba and Gabriel look like they have a clanger in them.

The midfield face had enough time to gel as well at this point.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's here to stay which is great to have.

Him and varane probably didn't deserve to concede 3 goals in that game but such is life.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's here to stay which is great to have.

Him and varane probably didn't deserve to concede 3 goals in that game but such is life.
McTominay and AWB deserved to concede about 6 so it probably balances out. :(

TheRedHearted

Saliba and Gabriel arguably better considering league position.
Nah I think if you swap the CB partnerships Arsenal becomes even better. Arsenal certainly defends better as a team though in terms of how they press from the front which helps considerably
Arsenals goal differential is better by 22… imagine if we scored 22 more where would we be on the table??? So in other words that’s a poor argument

Rossa

He's absolutely brilliant. Quickly becoming my favourite United player alongside Varane and Casemiro. It's a great partnership. Unfortunately, against Arsenal they had no support from either fullback or any midfield. Martinez, Varane and Casemiro form the backbone of United both for defending and for progressing the ball forwards.

BlackBen

This guy makes me really happy anytime I watch him play. So glad we got him, beast of a player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s just so good at football, man. I’d be surprised if he’s ever had an objectively bad game in his life

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
So good.

Our central midfield was awful today, but somehow Martinez made it work.

Idxomer

It's incredible that we found an Argentinian defender who's so aggressive yet plays with such a cool head at the back.

abailey123

He’s that good I can’t think of one other centre half in the world who I’d have over him.
He’s the perfect centre half

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Licha was back to his very best tonight. Nothing was getting past him today. Immovable object. Can't wait to see him back next to Champions League Varane.

Spark

Bellends like Chris Sutton who went on about him being too small just outed themselves as knowing feck all about what makes a good footballer. Means their opinions are effectively void forever.

Him and Varane in defence is a partnership we’ve been begging for.

Mike Smalling

Controlled aggression. Composure when needed and tenacity when needed. Casemiro has a bit of the same.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
After all the shit with Pogba, Ronaldo, it's absolutely fecking fantastic to see a player who will spill fecking blood for this team. Love the guy. Brutal.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His head injured, his eye still bit swollen, keeps going and not even a bit less accurate than fully healthy / fit. What a guy.

Barthez

The Butcher of Amsterdam
The best signing we have made for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.