Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He’s ridiculous. Knew he’d be up for the big occasion. His and Varane together are flawless.

criticalanalysis

What a player this guy is, you can't really say anything bad about him. Maybe his hairstyle is shite, but everything else is absolutely amazing.
Take my butcher's name out of your fecking mouth!!11

I'm getting my hair bleached as we speak.

InfiniteBoredom

Took no shit from anybody and gave as good as he got, every single time, with the silky technical skills to boot.

A giant of a CB, underneath that 1.75m frame.

Bertie Wooster

He's been a fantastic signing.

A 'huge' presence on the pitch with his commitment, leadership and desire to win. So great to have a large number of 'leaders' and players prepared to do a little sh*thousery / whatever it takes in order to deliver results and trophies.

He and Casemiro are symbolic of everything that we previously lacked and it's absolutely no coincidence that it's taken just a matter of months for a squad with those two in it to develop a winning mentality and deliver a trophy.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
feck me what a singing. He's worth over 100m for me easy. If Enzo is 150m, he's worth 300m. Piss off
You have to wonder, why it was only us and Arsenal showed interest in him? I mean, he played for Ajax for years who was exposed to Europe, not just for some obscure team.

IrishMcD

Maybe its the drink talking, but I'm beginning to think he is gonna replace Vidic or Stam in my "United, All Time Hard Cnut 11" .... unless I play 3 at the back. Casemiro, Keane and Robson in midfield as well. Rooney on the left, the dirty Glazer loving mutant,. Ruud up top and right wing up for debate. I love United, and beer.

SuperiorXI

You have to wonder, why it was only us and Arsenal showed interest in him? I mean, he played for Ajax for years who was exposed to Europe, not just for some obscure team.
Well I suppose it's no coincidence that those two clubs you mention are fighting for the title right now.

kirk buttercup

Because he is short. Alot of opinion was based on his height rather than his ability

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's the way he gets into a situation and just stares at them with disgust, even if they're 6 inches taller.

He genuinely looks willing to die on the pitch. His poor head has taken a few beatings recently. Hopefully a couple of easy games against mid-table fodder this week might do him good :devil:

scottser

He is living proof that it's not the size of the dog that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Superunknown

Can't put it into words how much I love him. He's so fecking good. That bit towards the end where he caused a bit of trouble, and then just walked away like he didn't give a shit. Reminds me of my cat. A total, utter bastard. :lol:

jem

It’s hard to think of a better leader than him or Casemiro. Brilliant, transformative signings.

andy0

He's as good at the shithouse stuff as he is at the game. There was one time Wilson (I think) pushed him over in our box towards the end of the game, and I'm absolutely sure he made every effort to bring his foot up between the Newcastle's players legs as he was falling down.

A work of shithousing art. He always turns his back and walks away when the handbags (and possible yellow cards) start as well.
Maybe the same incident, and I liked it that while both of them were falling down, he reached out to push Wilson away in mid air, to reduce the risk of part of Wilson landing on his head

Sanche7

When we missed out on Timber, who we were linked with all summer and looked like was ETH's first choice, I was gutted. And when we signed Martinez, I thought we are just signing him because we missed out on Timber and because we had to sign someone. When we paid like 40-50 million for him, I felt this is going to be another expensive flop.
But my God, this guy is frigging amazing ❤

Mike Smalling

ETH is a genius to bring him in. Takes a huge belief in the player and in yourself to bring in a relatively small CB to this league, but it’s been 100% justified.

Amazing player!

Waynne

ETH is a genius to bring him in. Takes a huge belief in the player and in yourself to bring in a relatively small CB to this league, but it’s been 100% justified.

Amazing player!
Many said from the very beginning that his height wouldnt be a problem as there's more to a defender than just how tall you are.
This guy will throw himself in front of a sherman tank for the team and that's my kind of defender.
Bonus that he's also a very smart player.

IFC 1905

The most amazing thing about the height issue is that he had the best stats in aerial duels in the Eredivisie. Being the Netherlands the country with the tallest people in the world. Nobody mentioned that.

Jam

Amazing player!
Many said from the very beginning that his height wouldnt be a problem as there's more to a defender than just how tall you are.
This guy will throw himself in front of a sherman tank for the team and that's my kind of defender.
Bonus that he's also a very smart player.
It has been said to death but needs to be reiterated; Martinez is the same height as Baresi ffs. Everyone who saw Baresi has him as a top five centre half of all time, most have him at the top of that list.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If Arsenal had signed him they’d have won the league 10 games ago.

PigeonEscobar

It has been said to death but needs to be reiterated; Martinez is the same height as Baresi ffs. Everyone who saw Baresi has him as a top five centre half of all time, most have him at the top of that list.
Martinez is the same height as Fabio Cannavaro as well.
Yep Jamie and Gary, I’m sure Baresi and Cannavaro would’ve really struggled in the mighty premier league, right.

Ekeke

Perhaps his versatility and changing position made people unsure of him as a starter too. When a player is versatile you'd love them in your squad. But if you're buying for the starting lineup you need to be sure where someone plays. He was a CB in Argentina, he was a DM in Ajax then moved back to CB. So some might have thought he's more of a DM than a CB. Because we know a left footed CB has been a popular idea quite a while. Remember when LVG was so desperate for them that we signed Rojo and handed over Nani, and promoted Blacket and used him there? So to be honest we were due an incredible left footed CB.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The most amazing thing about the height issue is that he had the best stats in aerial duels in the Eredivisie. Being the Netherlands the country with the tallest people in the world. Nobody mentioned that.
Yeah, that was funny. People say this stuff about the EPL being more physical than the Eredivisie and that's true of course; but if they're talking about Martinez's height, then the opposition he faced in the Netherlands actually wins out. The relevant stat was posted a few times actually, but it didn't fit the narrative I guess.

Well, no matter now. :)

led_scholes

Well, Real is packed. City and Bayern too. Barca could not pay that much. Thank God he chosed us over arsenal.

kiristao

It's the way he gets into a situation and just stares at them with disgust, even if they're 6 inches taller.

He genuinely looks willing to die on the pitch. His poor head has taken a few beatings recently. Hopefully a couple of easy games against mid-table fodder this week might do him good :devil:
He looks like the kind that would lose his head at any moment but never does and instead just gives a death stare. Of course, he goes in hard at a later stage to put down a marker :devil:

frostbite

Fantastic player! He transformed our defense. He and Casemiro are the two main reasons we are so much better than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.