Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

He’s unbelievable, it’s ridiculous how good he is and how much his spirit is rubbing off on other players
This is very noticeable. The passionate embrace by de gea and Dalot is definitely infectious from Martinez.

IFC 1905

You can tell he would literally die to defend the ball, doesn’t care if Samacca is about to hit him in the head or Antonio is times stronger than him, he’ll just go at it.

I’m sure Dalot, De Gea and Shaw improvements are related to the example he gives and how he cheers for them.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think we've fleeced Ajax on this deal by about as much as we overpaid them for Antony.

BerryBerryShrew

If it wasn't for DDG's flurry at the end, he would have been the definite MOTM.

Leaving aside his incredible defending, oppo teams genuinely have no idea how to deal with a CB having the vision and passing range of Pirlo.

I shudder to think where we'd be if we had signed Timber instead.

CloneMC16

He is our best signing in a long time. Probably in the last 10 years. Absolutely unreal. He plays well every game. I feel bad for questioning this signing. He has proven a lot of people wrong.

Stadjer

As long as he doesnt get injured or has a massive drop in form he will be the player of the season by far. Could even be the signing of the season... which is funny because loads of pundits and people here thought he wouldnt make it in England

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is very noticeable. The passionate embrace by de gea and Dalot is definitely infectious from Martinez.
He's built a spirit and belief in the team, a bond. We never used to look 'united' before, but we do now. That was worth the money alone.

BarryWinks

About time something drops for us too! Considering we were initially more interested in Timber, who don't get me wrong is a good player but wouldn't have had the same level of impact for us as Martinez has done, it is so relieving that things turned out the way they have.

Genuinely think he's the best defender in the league this season. Class player on the ball, excellent off it. The number of times he put himself in line of danger today was ridiculous. I hope he stays with us for a long, long time and carries that fire for this team and this club going forward.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Rake

He is great. He really is. So brave and decisive, great passing, always backing up his partner. Love him.

OmarUnited4ever

Love how the fans chanted ARGENTINA in unison when Martinez was walking out after the game, he is becoming a cult hero and a fan favorite

MUFC OK

Brilliant. Great to see how his mentality is infecting others in the team. Born leader by example if I’ve ever seen one.

BorisManUtd

Other than 2 misplaced pases (1 short and 1 long), It was again quality performance from him.

SAFMUTD

His style has permeated within the team, specially on Dalot. Lovely lovely player to have.

kundalini

Another impressive performance, though I thought his build-up play was too slow in the first half, not helped by having Maguire as his partner.

MUFC OK

His style has permeated within the team, specially on Dalot. Lovely lovely player to have.
Exactly my thoughts from bits seen today, the way they were celebrating DDG’s saves :lol: Great to have team spirit though. Will carry you through tough moments games/the season.

the_cliff

You know why that's such a terrible take ?

He's used irrelevant statistics to prove his stupid point. Of course Brighton and Brentford would play more long balls against us than their average. I'm sure they do the same when they play Liverpool and City. But they aren't targeting their CBs are they Jamie you idiot.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I honestly don’t think it’s ‘form’
Yeah. A good few Ajax fans said when we signed him that his base level is 7/10 and he very rarely has a bad game.

It seems he's just actually that good.

Irwin99

Excellent yet again. A couple of loose passes but on the whole so good :devil:

Wouldn't bet against him being our POTY at this rate.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You know why that's such a terrible take ?

He's used irrelevant statistics to prove his stupid point. Of course Brighton and Brentford would play more long balls against us than their average. I'm sure they do the same when they play Liverpool and City. But they aren't targeting their CBs are they Jamie you idiot.
Aged like milk. He’s an absolute bell end.

r1z3mu

In addition to defending that pass to Elanga at 03:50 was amazing. You expect that from Bruno or Eriksen but not from CB.

Quagmire Maguire

If he had signed for Pep at City the pundits and media would be creaming themselves over him. He has arguably been the best defender in the league, anyway maybe it's better he goes under the radar but he is a brilliant player and I love having him at United!

DevTheRed

Technically he’s brilliant but mentally is where he stands out. Goes to war every game for the team.. what a players he’s going to be for us.

Rossa

He’s so good! What inpresses me the most is how he rushes out to the attacker at full pelt, then stops and is in full control of the situation. It looks to put the attackers off every time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The thing that makes me really happy with this signing is that we know he was ETH's choice over the scouting team's recommendation of Pau Torres.

And while I like Torres, his placid/languid style would have improved us so much less than Martinez' combative intensity, to the point where you'd wonder how the scouting team preferred him.

So not only has Martinez been class, he's an example of ETH absolutely nailing a call that would have gone in a different direction otherwise.

Red Rash

The thing that makes me really happy with this signing is that we know he was ETH's choice over the scouting team's recommendation of Pau Torres.

And while I like Torres, his placid/languid style would have improved us so much less than Martinez' combative intensity, to the point where you'd wonder how the scouting team preferred him.

So not only has Martinez been class, he's an example of ETH absolutely nailing a call that would have gone in a different direction otherwise.
The other thing is that he was massively written off at the start of the season due to not being particularly quick and seems as being too small to play as a CB in the PL. It's really nice to have an underdog story which makes me happy as well

Status
Not open for further replies.