View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Jezpeza

what is it with us and weetabix centre halfs? Jones, Rojo, Bailly now martinez.

and whats going on with our injuries in general this season ffs

mav_9me

Almost equally as bad as the longer term injuries of Licha, Shaw and Malacia has been this constant short term injuries to Varane/Lindelof/Maguire which basically means we haven't had the same back line all that often if even for more than 3 games. This has been a season from hell

Devil81

This injury is a pain in the arse, if we are going to challenge for the FA cup he'd have been a big plus for us.

Personally I'd like to see him given a go at holding midfield alongside Mainoo and Bruno.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He doesn't have a history of injuries.

On the other hand we have a history of being run by idiots.
This 100%

Twice he has been rushed back now from Injury, only to compound his injuries even further.

Gopher Brown

Literally our most important player, but cannot be relied upon in any way to stay fit. Needs to be looked at for replacement as a priority.

mu4c_20le

This 100%

Twice he has been rushed back now from Injury, only to compound his injuries even further.
I mean, he does have a history of muscle injuries. He could've been rushed back this time, but it's a different injury to the one he was recovering from.

tomaldinho1

It's not a coincidence all these players who have pretty normal injury records come here and then start picking up issues. Jim the Rat is going to get the bottom of this.

For what it's worth, this is a bit of an overreaction re Martinez - he basically had the big injury, we rushed him back, then a man fell on his knee in a weird accident, then this. It just seems like more because the initial injury was last season then the repeat was this season + the knee.

A-man

He had 12 games missed since he started his professional career, for both club and country. He has now missed 44 games for United and counting. I wouldn't say the problem is with him.
The problems seemed to start his last season at Ajax. His last season at Ajax he looks to have been out twice. First he got injured in a match against Feyenord and played one month later. Then he got another injury later that season and was out for the rest of the season (missed 10 matches according to transfermarkt).

mu4c_20le

He had 12 games missed since he started his professional career, for both club and country. He has now missed 44 games for United and counting. I wouldn't say the problem is with him.
Looking at games missed is misleading. Both serious muscle injuries happened during summer or until thev season ended.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Do you think Liverpool, arsenal, city etc dial down their intensity in training?
I actually don't know. But after Hojlund it's the second recent major injury in training from a season full of injury. So I'm thinking something is wrong. I think maybe our training is more intense or there's some other thing wrong with it. Maybe our facilities are poor? Or our medical staff. I don't know. But something other than bad luck or averages.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean, he does have a history of muscle injuries. He could've been rushed back this time, but it's a different injury to the one he was recovering from.
The thing about muscle injuries is that they can be related to any other thing that you have including an other muscle injury. The best way to get a muscle injury is to have an sort of imbalance when you move, it can be from pain, loose or tight articulations, muscle stiffness or anything.

From the outside we can't actually say what the issue is, it could be players not giving proper feedback, inappropriate training/rehab sessions, bad luck, lack of concentration during fitness training, reckless coaching/medical staff...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yea but he had the same coach before his united stint

A-man

It says more about us than it does him when you look at the whole picture
Not necessarily. It could also be the more physical league p to Eredivise. But in general I agree with you. We have a problem. It’s not normal that you have this many injuries in one season. Especially not for the cb position.

A-man

Is varane not injured? He was subbed at half time and didn't come out of the changing room until half way through the 2nd half
He’s injured but he himself told a reporter just after the game that it was just a minor injury.

In Rainbows

When you're muscle is not fully strengthened, the other muscles must compensate to make up for that. This causes further injuries in other areas.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Do United have thier own version of the Gladiator Eliminator obstacle course or something.

spwd

That's fecking crazy! Do they train on cobble stones or something?