Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Maybe for the first part of the season up until January but after that you were just unstoppable.
Ours has been worse, we're still 3 players off being a team ready to challenge for anything.
Yeah that's bullshit. We've got a better manager and already improvements in the first team.
Liverpool have lost their best player and haven't replaced him so far.

Momochiru

Ours has been worse, we're still 3 players off being a team ready to challenge for anything.
I disagree. They have sold their only world class player and replaced him with average squad players - they have weakened. We have upgraded the manager and signed couple good players, without loosing anyone that important - we have strengthened.

Also with LVG doing so well at the WC I expect most of our business to be done late. Pool don't need to wait for anything, so it looks like this are the kind of signings they are getting this summer.

Edit. @KM beat me to it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah that's bullshit. We've got a better manager and already improvements in the first team.
Liverpool have lost their best player and haven't replaced him so far.
We still need a top level midfielder or we're not getting top 4, doesn't matter how good the manager is, CM and LB last year was where we conceded most of our goals and Herrera's a huge improvement but with Carrick out injured you reckon a Herrera/Cleverley midfield will take us to the top 4 next year?

AltiUn

I disagree. They have sold their only world class player and replaced him with average squad players - they have weakened. We have upgraded the manager and signed couple good players, without loosing anyone that important - we have strengthened.

Also with LVG doing so well at the WC I expect most of our business to be done late. Pool don't need to wait for anything, so it looks like this are the kind of signings they are getting this summer.
We don't know they're average squad players, Lallana could easily be class for them and Markovic is meant to be the best young talent in Europe. And we still have barely improved CM, as we bring a good CM in our best one gets injured so now we need 2 more as Carrick's getting old anyway so he'll need a good replacement and we'll need a world class CM to take us to the next level.

KM

We still need a top level midfielder or we're not getting top 4, doesn't matter how good the manager is, CM and LB last year was where we conceded most of our goals and Herrera's a huge improvement but with Carrick out injured you reckon a Herrera/Cleverley midfield will take us to the top 4 next year?
There's still loads of time for market to go. I'm positive we'll sign a central midfielder in the window. As of now, our window hasn't been worse or disappointing at all. Liverpool's window has been worse because they've lost a world class player.

How on earth can people say we've had a disappointing window when we've had a managerial upgrade and have signed two first team players.

Momochiru

We don't know they're average squad players, Lallana could easily be class for them and Markovic is meant to be the best young talent in Europe. And we still have barely improved CM, as we bring a good CM in our best one gets injured so now we need 2 more as Carrick's getting old anyway so he'll need a good replacement and we'll need a world class CM to take us to the next level.
I'm not trying to argue if we have a better team or not. My point is that they have weakened and we have strengthened, so you can't say our summer has been worse.

KM

I'm not trying to argue if we have a better team or not. My point is that they have weakened and we have strengthened, so you can't say our summer has been worse.
Exactly!

AltiUn

There's still loads of time for market to go. I'm positive we'll sign a central midfielder in the window. As of now, our window hasn't been worse or disappointing at all. Liverpool's window has been worse because they've lost a world class player.

How on earth can people say we've had a disappointing window when we've had a managerial upgrade and have signed two first team players.
That's true, we have a lot of time but I'm just going off what's happening at the moment. I think it's almost a certainty that we'll sign another CM now as Ducker's saying we want to offload Anderson.

I didn't say it was disappointing I just said it was worse than Liverpool's, although I thought they'd signed Lovren and Moreno but apparently they haven't yet so they haven't actually improved their weakest point.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just out of interest, who do you reckon that will be?

A proper goal scorer or someone to play across the front 3? There isn't that many high profile signings available.
A creative player I reckon. Sanchez/Isco/Shaqiri/di Maria or that sort of player. Strike 1 on sanchez.

AltiUn

Doubt Reus will leave till next Summer and even then he'll be one of the Spanish Giants' new toy.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Doubt Reus will leave till next Summer and even then he'll be one of the Spanish Giants' new toy.
Can't see that either. Real and Barca both have world class players in his position already.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
When has that every stopped them? :lol:
Normally true, but in this case Ronaldo plays in his position at Madrid and Neymar at Barca. They obviously won't be replacing Reus with either of them.

If he leaves Dortmund I do think he'll come to the PL. Just not Liverpool.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Normally true, but in this case Ronaldo plays in his position at Madrid and Neymar at Barca. They obviously won't be replacing Reus with either of them.

If he leaves Dortmund I do think he'll come to the PL. Just not Liverpool.
I can see him staying at Dortmund when he realises that no one better are in for him.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
A creative player I reckon. Sanchez/Isco/Shaqiri/di Maria or that sort of player. Strike 1 on sanchez.
No player at that level will drop down to play for Liverpool. A player like Sharqiri could be realistic. But apparently he is off to Roma.

AltiUn

True, however this is a liverpool thread if I'm not mistaken.
No you aren't mistaken, actually, but if hadn't been thinking of a snarky little clever remark you'd see that I was simply comparing the windows us and Liverpool were having, someone said their's has been poor and I was pointing out that ours wasn't the best as we are 3 players short, was that so difficult to comprehend?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's too harsh (not to say positively foolish) to label the likes of Markovic and Can "average squad players". They're very young and has plenty of potential to become much more than "average squad players".

As I've said before, if Brenton's system works, these players could be very astute signings.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
No player at that level will drop down to play for Liverpool. A player like Sharqiri could be realistic. But apparently he is off to Roma.
You'd have said the same of Ozil and Arsenal last year.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Not the same. Arsenal have been consistently in CL for the last ten years.
And we're not a Big Club™ etc and the merry troll round can keep going from there.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
And we're not a Big Club™ etc and the merry troll round can keep going from there.
Of course you're not. One major trophy in a 24 years clearly shows your not. Add in a lack of CL football for half of the time since it formation in 1991-92 and you can see why Liverpool aren't regarded as major players anymore.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Of course you're not. One major trophy in a 24 years clearly shows your not. Add in a lack of CL football for half of the time since it formation in 1991-92 and you can see why Liverpool aren't regarded as a major players anymore.
Spoken like a true wishful manc.

KM

Ofcourse you're a big club, but I don't think unless you pay top wages or play in CL consistently, top players will join Liverpool.

John_Jensen

So i know there's still time for more possible signing to come in(surely need a few defenders) but what do Pool fan's think their starting XI will look like next season?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It's a good transfer window for them, all in all, so far. They've added a lot of depth. However, there's still a lot of work to be done there. I don't think their stating XI is any better than last season and their defense is far from impressive.

However, the biggest question for them is which Gerrard will turn up once the season starts. The 2013/14 (2nd) best midfielder in the PL or the embarrassment from the WC. If he can't replicate his form from last season, I won't be bothered one bit even if they sign all the strikers and wingers in Europe.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
So i know there's still time for more possible signing to come in(surely need a few defenders) but what do Pool fan's think their starting XI will look like next season?
Something like:

Mignolet; Johnson, New Signing (Lovren?), Sakho, New Signing (Moreno?); Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana; Sterling, Sturridge, New Signing