g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

7.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He picks up pace and goes forward which is so important to our generally static and slow game

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Monstrously good today.. for me him and BFS motm by a country mile but Shaw was consistently majestic over 90 minutes

m1y2

no matter how young he is he's best leftback in the league already, next Untied legend

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Solid. Honestly think Depay's struggles the last couple of games curtail his effectiveness attacking. Him and Young linked very well in the 2nd half.
Yeah he was showing signs of frustration with Memphis when he'd bomb forward and not get the return ball when Memphis passed backwards.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Literally the only player in the first half who didn't look like a complete Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime while attacking.

AR87

Yeah he was showing signs of frustration with Memphis when he'd bomb forward and not get the return ball when Memphis passed backwards.
I saw the same. Memphis seemed unsure of what to do today and hesitant to cross it in with his left when Clyne was showing him to the byline. I'm confident he'll get it sorted and him and Shaw will form a dangerous partnership.

prath92

He was amazing. A tank of a LB and once he starts you can't catch him. Defensively magnificent. Hope he carries on

the hea

Our biggest talent since Ronaldo! I know it is impossible for him to reach the heights of Ronaldo since Shaw is a defender and they will never be as highly thought of as attackers but I have not been this sure that we are watching a future world class player since Ronaldos early days.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a tank. As long as he stays fit, he's going to be a regular for the next decade.

Devil may care

I'm not sure who coined the phrase but he is the proverbial Tank with a Ferrari engine, our best attacker in the first half as well.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
:lol: Just remember some people thought he was a waste of money last season. Numpties will never learn

Eddy_JukeZ

Incredible.

Someone said he could cover the entire left side by himself and it's true. What a player and he'll only get better. I think he's already the best left back in the league.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
It's a shame; i can imagine him putting this types of performances for years non stop and still be overlooked for things like the balon d'or; because defenders hardly win it. This guys has the ability to be the best LB ever IMO. He's already in a hand full of games made me feel like he's better than evra even at an older age.

Bugzy

It's a shame; i can imagine him putting this types of performances for years non stop and still be overlooked for things like the balon d'or; because defenders hardly win it. This guys has the ability to be the best LB ever IMO. He's already in a hand full of games made me feel like he's better than evra even at an older age.
It does sound silly but if you think about it, erm maybe it could happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's an absolute machine, defensively so secure the only time a player gets behind him is when he's made a lung bursting run forward: he was our best player in the first half and the only person driving the team forward, I absolutely love him.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I remember some brilliant performances by him at SFC before he came to us. He was terrific today. Creative, with vision, the beating of his man all day. He was so good not too many people noticed. Brilliant young player and an excellent signing among a whole raft of excellent signings.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
very bright future ahead of him. If he stays fit, can play 100s of games for us.

I saw the same. Memphis seemed unsure of what to do today and hesitant to cross it in with his left when Clyne was showing him to the byline. I'm confident he'll get it sorted and him and Shaw will form a dangerous partnership.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. You could see him stretching our his arms to Memphis - must be annoying to go on a brilliant run, just to see the winger pass it to a midfielder instead.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
He's really stepped it up this year already, was excellent today I thought and looked most likely to make anything happen in the 1st half.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Superb start to the season and has a huge opportunity now for club and country.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It's hard not to get excited about this guy's future here, isn't it?

It was amazing today, when you saw him get the ball near the halfway line, that sudden burst of pace came out of nowhere and the Liverpool players weren't sure how to react when he would do it through the middle.

Up there as one of my favourite players, the potential is outrageous right now.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
It's just i cant remember a fullback at his age being so composed.

Especially after roberto carlos; fullbacks started becoming judged on their attacking ability but shaw's defensive abilities are as good or even better than his attacking.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hard work has paid off for him.

izec

His talent was obvious, even last year. Now he shows it with frightening consistency and without injuries.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I thought he was good last year too whenever he played, fatigue which probably resulted in alot of the injuries just ended up ruining his season a bit.
Now he didn't play for the U21's and it was the best decision for him and the team, he looks great and what a player we have here.

Utd7

Man of the match for me today. I keep forgetting how young he is, right in the age bracket of Memphis, Martial, Januzaj and Perreira. We have nice young crop of talent.

NoPace

Knock on wood with injuries and such, but he looks set to join De Gea as our other world class footballer out there. I guess Schweinsteiger might qualify if he can stay fit, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.