Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He doesn't do anything revolutionary but what he does do he does extremely well, once he gets going he's the Juggernaut, pretty much impossible to stop.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Luke Shaw is nearly 6'1" according to Tyler today and various other sources.

Mind blown.

I had him down as 5'9"ish due to his stocky shape. He must have a bigger arse than Ivanovic to be that shape and that tall.

Sam

Comfortably the best LB in the league. He's just brilliant.

Nickosaur

I mean...I had to throw several superlatives out the window during this game.

The kid is just sheer class. He can own the left side of any game if he chooses.

He played very well. Obviously LVG had a word in his ear after Swansea because this time he was often seen sprinting back into position after his attacking forays.

Skills

Snitch
The most talented player in our squad? He's incredible.

There's a few on here who love to shit on British talent for a lack of technique/ability, but his technique looks far superior to Memphis' despite all the 'Neanderthal british coaching'.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
The most talented player in our squad? He's incredible.

There's a few on here who love to shit on British talent for a lack of technique/ability, but his technique looks far superior to Memphis' despite all the 'Neanderthal british coaching'.
Van Gaal will sort the english players out. Its easy to forget that spain were an international team playing below their strengths much like England have been doing. Then comes a manager who archetypes xavi & iniesta and re-embraces possesion football helping spain becoming a dominant force.

We can all hope for some of the same at england at least.

Shaw, smalling, Jones, Wilson and all the other blokes van gaal might train and adapt can only help us.

I hope.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
Van Gaal will sort the english players out. Its easy to forget that spain were an international team playing below their strengths much like England have been doing. Then comes a manager who archetypes xavi & iniesta and re-embraces possesion football helping spain becoming a dominant force.

We can all hope for some of the same at england at least.

Shaw, smalling, Jones, Wilson and all the other blokes van gaal might train and adapt can only help us.

I hope.
Agree with this. Tactical evolution usually comes from the clubs. It is more than likely LvG's training methods might help England in the long run but for that to happen we probably need to sign Harry Kane as well. Right now we have a good CB and LB for England. None of our top prospects bar Wilson are English either.

suheilsworld

Not only he is fast, he is also strong and can stand up to a challenge and keep the ball very well. Continues to grow each game and putting some amazing performances. Hoping and praying he can stay injury free!!

Duafc

Village Lemon
Been our best attacking player this year for me, which says a lot. He looks very tidy on the ball and linking well with Memphis, Young and the CMs.

His trademark has to be the marauding runs though, he just moves in the space afforded by other players being marked tightly and explodes into it.

Delighted because I think he's immensely likeable and will be a stunningly good LB for the next decade.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He and Darmian just never cease to amaze me. Finally, United back to have players that become the envy of other teams in the world.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Luke Shaw is nearly 6'1" according to Tyler today and various other sources.

Mind blown.

I had him down as 5'9"ish due to his stocky shape. He must have a bigger arse than Ivanovic to be that shape and that tall.
I'd be shocked if he was that tall. Really doesn't look like it. Maybe because it's he's rather wide/stocky as you mentioned that gives the illusion that he isn't as tall as he looks.

Riz

Nothing to report really, he's consistently putting in these type of performances. Best fullbacks in the league.

LR7

He's so influential.. Been in beastmode since the end of last season. He's simply refusing to let games pass him by and I love him for it.

LonelyFire

Wouldn't swap our full backs for anyone in the league.

Was saying to mate yesterday that his improvement is at a rate I've rarely seen. Every game he seems to grow in stature. There was a moment yesterday where he chased a Liverpool player (Firmino possibly) all the way to within 30 yards of their own goal and he was so aggressive in closing him down - he literally was all ver him. Was quite funny but impressive.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He's exactly the sort of fullback wingers will loathe coming up against. Strong, tenacious, quick as feck, and persistent. He doesn't give a minutes rest or space to anyone and to make matters worse, if he's just tracked your 60 yard run down the flank and managed to get the ball, you'd better be prepared to turn on your heels and make an even quicker 60 yard dash in the opposite direction because he's going to eat up that space you just left in no time.

Here's to the next decade!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
A bargain at those £30m. Half of our signings from last season are really proving to be very valuable players (Shaw, Herrera, Blind).

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Wouldn't swap our full backs for anyone in the league.

Was saying to mate yesterday that his improvement is at a rate I've rarely seen. Every game he seems to grow in stature. There was a moment yesterday where he chased a Liverpool player (Firmino possibly) all the way to within 30 yards of their own goal and he was so aggressive in closing him down - he literally was all ver him. Was quite funny but impressive.
Not to forget when he out-headed benteke =o

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His first touch is ridiculous there was a moment when the ball was switched and clearly going out of play and he does a miraculous first touch over his head and still keeps it in.

Beast of a player and he is going to be our Maldini at this rate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd be shocked if he was that tall. Really doesn't look like it. Maybe because it's he's rather wide/stocky as you mentioned that gives the illusion that he isn't as tall as he looks.
Just before Shaw signed for us my mate had a photo with him while out shopping, he is the same height as me 6ft, and Shaw was basically indentical perhaps a little taller.

I think his floppy hair and stocky build makes him look smaller as you say, and not forgetting a lot of pro's are actually pretty tall.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Shaw's aspirations should be to match the great LB's the game has seen. He's England's next great LB after Ashley Cole and barring injury, should be impossible to usurp for club or country over the next decade unless a prodigy pops up who currently isn't even a pro.

I hope we can get him to improve his end product because all those runs and penetrative force should bring with it a fear factor that opens up the final third for our attackers. Hopefully it comes with time because he would be something else with either Irwin's crossing and shooting or Evra's short-passing, 1-2's and dribbling. Even a lesser combination of both in the final third would be good enough.

Outside of the final third, he's already the best left-back in the league, and I guess purists that want defenders to be defenders first and foremost are already content with what he offers, but his ability and potential are so high that I feel the coaching staff, and ourselves as fans, should want to see him shoot for the sky and not have his name look out of place when compared to the greatest LB's the game has seen when his career is over.

It's too early to say the same of Martial, but I think Shaw is the once in a generation LB, just as Cole was before him. It's patently obvious why we spent what we did on him, and to think there's potentially a lot more to come, and that fee could become a bargain.

I haven't read through this thread, but there has probably already been talk of us now having a left-sided triumvirate with the makings of Arsenal's best in Cole, Pires and Henry. I hope Depay turns out to be as good as some people think, and obviously, it's way too earlier to tell with Martial, but it will be interesting to watch these three kids grow and develop in unison with us from now on. Shaw can certainly uphold his end of the bargain and I hope the others can as well.

Imagine the havoc of a Shaw-Giggs or Shaw-Ronaldo left flank, which Irwin and Evra were blessed with for the majority of their careers, and this lad deserves a talent of similar vein in front of him. Let's hope Depay turns out to be that guy.

Last thought about Shaw is with regards to the Champions League. It will be interesting to see if he is as dominant there as he is in the Premier League. Experiencing new styles of play and systems looking to find tactical and intelligence flaws in his game will elevate him even further for us, but in the meantime, it will be fascinating to see how he copes with it all.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Bollocks. feck. feck off.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
feckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeck.

It flopped as soon as the tackled went through, this is a 5/6 months job, I bet you. That is so unlucky for the guy.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looks like a snapped leg. Absolutely gutted for him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
feck it. By the look of that challenge a clean break is probably a good outcome.

His knee twisted horribly.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
feck. Sure they signalled that it is a break. feck.

Status
Not open for further replies.