Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Wouldn't be surprised if this as a detrimental effect to his mentality. Basically the same thing that happened to Cleverley after the Davies challenge.

I don't think he'll ever come back with the same tenacity and aggression after this.

Disgusting

fecking disgusting.

Ban slide tackles.
I think the opposite. He might not be more attacking but it might make him take precautions & rightfully so.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Broken leg/ankle. Could rob you of your speed/confidence to go forward.
confidence definitely, but if it's a clean break, I'd expect physically he can make a 100% recovery, especially at 20.

Just hope it's not any knee impact as well, those are the worse ones.

Mali_Zeus

Terrible. After a start he had... Poor lad.. :(

fecks up our defense too if Rojo will play as a CB in the sense of Blind and Smalling looking brilliant thus far.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I will be worried until I hear that there are zero complications. :( I feel sick. Won't be able to enjoy this season until I see Luke Shaw back playing for us.

prateik

He can take his time recovering. I just hope he makes a full recovery. Any official update on what happened?

lilcurt

Gutted for him. Just hope he comes back the same player, all too often you see players return in body but not in spirit.

Hopefully being young he will get through.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I will be worried until I hear that there are zero complications. :( I feel sick. Won't be able to enjoy this season until I see Luke Shaw back playing for us.
he'll be in the best hands, and get ideal rehab.

If it's a clean break, I wouldn't see any problems, just hope there's nothing knee related thrown in.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I feel so sorry for the lad. He's been amazing for us. :(

I just hope he makes a full recovery.

Eddy_JukeZ

Gutted. Just :(

I think he'll come back fine physically, but really it's mentally where you worry with injuries like these. Sometimes players are shot mentally and can never truly recover. Hopefully Shaw recovers well.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I just saw it again and it's a sickner. Lower leg hanging off to the side. Poor, poor kid.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Scouse bastards tagging the Man Utd twitter account and laughing at the Shaw injury. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

The Law of Denis

Pardon me, but surely that's his PA or something tweeting that? He must be in severe pain now, he is tweeting?
You underestimate young people and their social media :D

He is probably on some intense morphine and waiting for some scans or something similar.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
There's no way we'll have any shot at competing at the top without him. Our back 4 looked fully exposed when he went off. :(

NoLogo

Has been our best player this season together with Smalling. So sad this happened to him. Won't do our attacking play any good either as he was the only defensive player who really had the guts to make a run forward at times.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Our best player gets a long term injury. Hope he is alright, feeling sorry for him. He started so well and this could have been a top top season for him. Get well soon!

ZDwyr

Such a shame the way it happened. Was such a typical Luke Shaw run, blowing past guys at top speed. Hopefully he can come back the same player. He looked set this season to become the best LB in the league.

Acole9

Outstanding
I am well and truly gutted for the lad. It's sickening to see this happen after the start he's had to the season.

I wish him all the very best to a speedy and healthy recovery.

FromTheBench

I don't know at all. Discussing it with a few mates, it depends on how clean the fracture is. He's out

Absolutely gutted for him. I actually feel angry right now.
IIRC Valencia suffered double fracture of his Ankle around the same time with ligament damage also and was back in training in february. There have been cases of 3 or 4 month return to training too while some have taken double that.

Depends on severity i suppose and we'll know better after he has his surgery.

Geordopolous

I hate Moreno. Both of em. On the bright side though it may mean we will be in for a lb or cb in the next transfer window

NoPace

As he made the run that ended in the injury, I was thinking - as Young was playing so badly - that Shaw is currently our best choice at right wing and would give defenders trouble with his ability to carry the ball against them.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Gutted about his injury, looked terrible. Hope he can recover soon, but no sense in rushing it I think. The thing i am most afraid of is what it will do to his mental state. Will it make him play a bit more careful/hesitant in the future? :(

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
tbh there is no point rushing him back, this season is now a write off for him just like last season was, just do everything to get him ready for July and the start of pre season and hope he doesn't need a third season before he looks like a Premier League player again

Zoo

Yeah his season is over I think. He'll miss the Euro's as well, Hodgson actually has good options in the LB position so he'll start planning for that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.