Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

United again!

For the record, above in the thread I thought today he showed more aptitude to get forward and support. I think it may have been tactical for Tottenham.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought he was really good. My MOTM too.
Really reminds me of young Evra. Committed, fast, good link up play, very good in attack, and reliable on defence. Seems like United and England's left back could be set for another 10 yrs.

Thisistheone

He's one of those weird players where you just know he's going to be brilliant. The only thing stopping him is injury.

He reminds me of Rooney a bit, just a left back version. Very young (in the team of the year at 18) but physically developed, so strong, fast and a great engine. He's got the lot.

Riz

Really listened to the instructions to get forward on the overlap, supported Memphis well and I think the cut back ball he tried was the right idea which shows his decision making is coming along. I'd be satisfied with his current level if he was 25, the fact he's got 5 seasons before he reaches that age...

kotha

He was ravaged by injuries last year.. His talent was always there, once he gets some games under his belt he is going to become a beast.. Just hope he remains injury free now.. Like Rafa, I feel injuries will be the only thing that ll stop him..

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent defensively, and the way he carries the ball forward is just a joy to watch.

Our two fullbacks are becoming my two favorite players

Geordopolous

My god people,what 2 fullbacks we have on our hands..
Yeah haha it's nice isn't it. Teams can get away with having average fullbacks but you can definitely see the difference when both fullbacks are just about world class. Surely Shaw is our fastest player? He motors

Brightonian

It's great. Shame they're obviously being pinned back a bit by Van Gaal's strategy. What our attacking play is really lacking at the moment is the overlapping runs from the fullbacks, and with two who are such good forward runners, you have to point the finger at Van Gaal there. Ok, that conservatism no doubt contributed to how rock solid we were at the back against Villa - Darmian in particular defended flawlessly - but when you're scoring 95% on your defending and 55% going forward, clearly you need to adjust the balance a bit, and giving Shaw and Darmian license to break forwards as they naturally would is the best way to do that. The reason our forwards are struggling is because it's so easy to mark three static forward players out of the game. Get defenders and midfielders running beyond them and suddenly they'll have much more room to play in.

No.8

What a performance tonight, truly outstanding. Memphis will get MOTM and rightly so but that run and pass to Rooney, with his right foot I might add, was absolutely stunning. Terrific performance!

FromTheBench

That run to cover his mistake across the pitch and then on to the whole right flank before that good cross to Rooney was wow. His quick breaks are great.

Memphis doesn't use him like Young does though.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I actually think he was better overall than Memphis tonight, but gave MOTM to Memphis because it's hard to argue with two goals and an assist.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I hoped he'd do Evra vs Roma there running on the right but he opted for cross(which was still good decision though).

OldRed73

Excellent today - my MOTM because Memphis had an average 2nd half apart from the assist

Eugenius

There were people saying absolutely stupid things about him last season. I never doubted him - he's worth all the money.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This is a different player to last season. He did incredibly well considering Memphis doesn't really track back. He did it all on his own. So complete.

Shame Memphis didn't get the hat trick, as all of Shaw's brilliance there will be forgotten as it amounted to nothing. That was some graft, and great run down the right.

settembrini

That run to cover his mistake across the pitch and then on to the whole right flank before that good cross to Rooney was wow. His quick breaks are great.
I came to this thread just to post about that run. He sprinted from left back to right back and then to right wing in how many seconds? I was out of breath just watching.

Fitness coaches. All players. Every summer. Mandatory. We'd run every team not doping into the ground :)

red_devil83

My MotM tonight. Beast. If Memphis wasn't so greedy and actually used Shaw's runs we'd probably have scored even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.