g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

7.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Freakish pace.

A bit hot headed in terms of leaving his position actually today but largely excellent again. Kid is top class.

Obiorahking_

Shaw was a little sloppy in the beginning leaving too much space in behind him, thus giving Club Brugge some chances to be threatening. Other than that I loved his workrate and on ball defending. Great performance.

R'hllor

I just love the fact that after last season he looked off the pace,he took personal trainer on holidays,now he looks like our own Berry Allen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's so damn quick, might be quicker than Smalling

El-Manos

There were people saying absolutely stupid things about him last season. I never doubted him - he's worth all the money.
Fully agree. That performance at the Bridge made me a convinced man last season. Excellent today.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very proud of him tonight. Seems to be more comfortable now and that pace - unfecking believable!

Witchking

Excellent player for United. He is top quality. We are well sorted on the left wing.

Cro

What a gem. If Memphis stays on the left, we could have something really special there over the next few years.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Miss having a full back running up and down the wing making it his own.

Bogga

Besides that awful pass, he was really brilliant today! How old is he, imagine having the left back position sorted out for the next 13 years :)

vodrake

Was getting ripped into by Owen in the commentary for the first half, ate his words in the second.

Red Stone

Best player over the course of the 90 minutes today, but two goals and an assist will rightly steal the headlines. Probably our best player so far this season, along with Mike.

beergod

He has looked like the player we thought we bought last summer. That one run :eek::eek::eek:

saivet

This is a different player to last season. He did incredibly well considering Memphis doesn't really track back. He did it all on his own. So complete.
I was going to mention this in the thread. Mata gets a lot of flack on here about his defensive work (nowhere near as bad as some make out) but Memphis doesn't do whole lot of defending. The positive is that it makes us a threat on the counter.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It's a bit funny how good he is, especially in 1v1 situations. And still so young.

Stay fit and he's due a killer season

Trizy

I called it at the end of last season that this will be Shaw's season and so far he's proving me right! The fact some on here were negative and doubtful is beyond me.

Stringer

Where is the poster who said he wasn't quick? Must be one of the worst observations I have ever read.

justboy68

Both him and Memphis are so young and talented that they have plenty of time to build up a terrifying partnership down that left flank.

ForlansHair

One thing for him to improve upon, he tries to be almost too precise with his crosses when he gets past the fullback, especially when he's right by the byline. Rooney made a few good runs in there tonight and sometimes he just needs to whip it in between the defence and the goalkeeper. He always seems to try and pick someone out, ends up getting blocked/pulled back too far and we are hit on the counter quite easily. It will come with experience though.

Only a minor gripe as he was really very good tonight.

Classical Mechanic

Smalling's recovery pace is really something though. Shaw is blistering, no doubt. Supposedly faster than Walcott and Bale at Southampton.
You have to be seriously quick leave everyone for dead down the wing, but to run across to the other side of the pitch first, it really was exciting too see.

Devil may care

He eats up the ground when he drives forward and I love how he deals with one on ones, I think he's shown not only the talent he has but the mentality after a very difficult first season on the back of a huge transfer fee. He can still improve in the final 3rd but I have no doubt he will overcome that as well.

chetan

He was charging in too much in the first half and in turn leaving space behind, a team with better quality would have exploited that a lot more than what Brugge did. Otherwise he was very good. Improved a lot in the second half, that recovery and then the run on the right was just sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.