Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

His bursts from deep are so exciting. Comes late like a fecking Bullet train.

Just needs to improve bit of his decision making.

ZDwyr

He needs to avoid injuries and to just keep improving his work in the attacking third of the pitch. Looking like he is in for a very good season though.

Sylar

Agreed with @ZDwyr - needs to avoid injuries (although of course that can be said for every player). But im happy we signed him and nothing convinces me otherwise that he wont be here for years to come. He links up well with Young tbf.

Devil may care

I've always maintained he will be a great buy for us and he looks fit, strong and full of confidence on this tour, I'm expecting a big season from him.

Ekeke

Still only 20, can be one of the best fullbacks in the league again last season like he was at Southamton

shivab

seems like a great player in the making. that being said worried about the way hes shaped. seems like his knees will eventually suffer because of his build.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Please stay fit and injury free next season, I'm really excited to see what he can do when he gets an extended run of games. Great talent.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Seems like van Gaal really rates Shaw, full of praise in latest interview. Even says this will be his season. :)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
http://www.theguardian.com/football...e-shaw-to-thrive-this-season?CMP=share_btn_tw

“Luke Shaw is a big talent. He’s very young so it’s not so easy for him to come from Southampton to as big a club as Manchester United,” said Van Gaal. “I think that it shall be the season of Luke Shaw, that I believe. I believe in him and he has to feel that and I hope he shall show it. But he’s 20 years old. How many players of that age are playing in the Premier League?”

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Didn't realise he was 20. Thought 21/22. Fantastic

RedDevil@84

I just hope that the papers stop using the headline "Its a Shaw thing". I have seen the same headline splashed across many papers at least 3-4 times

Riz

His runs forward have looked much better this pre season, both in quantity and quality. Honestly think he'll feel like a new signing if he stays fit.

Sad Chris

Great performance today. With him and Darmian, we certainly have our defensive wings sorted. Now ffs get the centre sorted!

Raw

Looks 100 times fitter. I remember how cumbersome he looked last pre-season, now he's racing through midfields with ease. Can really see this being his year.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Another tidy appearance by him today. Our full backs not getting involved enough was a major problem last season but with Darmian and (a fit) Shaw, we should hopefully eradicate that problem.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That was pretty good from the lad.

Everytime we were playing retarded back passes he was coming back with a solid runs forward to gain territory.

Devil may care

One of the brightest aspects of the tour is how fit and strong he's looked, his acceleration is electric when he drives at defenses and he doesn't panic when he gets into the final third.

RedDevil@84

Hope the lad works on his end product. He puts in a lot of effort to move forward. Needs to work on finding better passes and crosses.

Distracted Steward

Looks improved on last year. His fitness work is showing. Definitely showing an eye to get forward.

If the team can continue to work the ball up quickly, he'll be a real attacking asset--maybe like Rafael '12-13. In tumescent passing and build up displays like we often saw last year, he won't be able to contribute as much.

Completely agree about injuries. I have no idea how at 19 last year he was so often injured, but surely he won't repeat that...If he stays for he's going to make leaps of improvement. Real talent this one.

ZDwyr

Probably impressed me most out of everyone on the tour. Think I will enjoy watching him this season.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Our fullbacks have been our best performers in preseason. :) With him and Darmian we've got our flanks sorted for many years but we're still very weak through the middle. :(

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Has had a very good pre season, better going forwards and great defensively. Hope he can stay fit this season, could go on to be the best LB in the PL very soon. Still hope the end product gets better, but Rooney for example doesnt make it that easy for him. His runs inside the box arent as good or frequent as they once were

Trizy

We suffered a great deal in going forward last year from our full backs but those problems seem to be addressed now if both full backs can stay fit, I think people forget how important full backs are in the teams attack.

Riz

He's looked really good in pre season. Just hope he can stay fit.
Sitting out the U21's and taking that physio on holiday seem to have done the trick, early days but I'm confident he'll have a lengthy run.

Status
Not open for further replies.