Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Very good half, some great driving runs and overlaps and should had a couple of assists if the finishing had been on point, great to see him looking fit and confident.

DarkXaero

I hope he uses his more pace more often when the actual season begins, like he did today. Last season, I thought he was way too passive, and didn't really look to attack, which was disappointing. He has the talent and ability, just needs to have the confidence and the aggressive mindset to attack.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Terrific.

He's a fantastic left back and will show it this time around, avoiding injuries.

Maroo

Looks very fit and good. Wish his crossing would improve though; he needs to work on it, especially when he is on the run.

vodrake

I thought his balls into the box were fine on the whole, more good than bad and could have easily bagged a couple of assists if the finishing was there. Also good to see him always looking for the overlap and making the most of his pace to get in behind, good link up with Young.

Ekeke

He tries to pull the ball pack or find a pass rather than put in a traditional cross. Worked out quite well at Southampton

izec

He is in great shape, absolute beast physically. His decision making was fine for a fullback, will improve if he hopefully stays fit.

Thisistheone

He could prove to be vital for us this season if he stays fit. Pretty much all of our best stuff came from the left with him involved.

m1y2

He tries to pull the ball pack or find a pass rather than put in a traditional cross. Worked out quite well at Southampton
exactly, nothing wrong with that kind of crossing, as long as he doesn't hit the first player I think it's okay and effective enough, with the mobile midfield again arriving late in the box is as dangerous as it gets. Once fellaini's there more crosses should be put in the box

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even at his age he's probably the best left back in the league when fit. Great defensively, and very good at running forwards with the ball. Just needs to improve the final ball but it's definitely a lot better then it was last year IMO.

Ferguson

Between him and Young I expect lots of good service from the left side this season.

I think that's the reason why Memphis may be used as a number 10.

Ole90+3

I don't think anyone is surprised by how good he has looked so far this pre-season.

Since the day we signed him, the only thing stopping him from becoming a top class left back for many years to come was his injuries. It's the reason United spent close to £30m on him.

Very impressed that he and Januzaj maintained their fitness training throughout their summer break. Shows a lot of professionalism.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
his display really put blackett's into perspective. blackett was on the ball an awful lot yesterday but couldn't really do anything with it. shaw on the other hand was excellent.

Sam

So, are there still people that think he can't attack?

ZDwyr

His burst of pace is really good to watch. Just accelerates so quickly and goes by opposition players like they are not even there.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He'll always be called 'fatty' and so on, he's got that type of physique, but he's looked very sharp physically so far. Hope he stays fit.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He payed well the last couple of outings, seems relaxed off the field and seems to be getting on well with Memphis off the pitch, lets hope they can connect just as well down that left hand side for us for the next several years.

Did anyone catch the interview between them the other day? they were responding about the taunts of their *Special Friendship* going around on social media, they played it down but then ended the interview with Memphis declaring Shaw calls him -Massive- I've never seen Shaw facepalm so hard and so fast. :lol:

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So, are there still people that think he can't attack?
Our very own Patrice was great at getting forward, a world class fullback, without ever being particularly good with his end product.

While goals and assists are obviously brilliant, it's invaluable to have a fullback that can push back the opposition flanks. It creates so much space.

Brightonian

Our very own Patrice was great at getting forward, a world class fullback, without ever being particularly good with his end product.

While goals and assists are obviously brilliant, it's invaluable to have a fullback that can push back the opposition flanks. It creates so much space.
But I don't know where this myth that Shaw's end product is bad has even come from. Those cut-backs along the ground towards the player arriving from the edge of the box are almost always perfect. Against San Jose we managed to shank at least three that deserved to be assists. It was the same in that game against Chelsea when he shone. If anything to me his final ball (and decision making at high speed) has always been his strongest attacking asset.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But I don't know where this myth that Shaw's end product is bad has even come from. Those cut-backs along the ground towards the player arriving from the edge of the box are almost always perfect. Against San Jose we managed to shank at least three that deserved to be assists. It was the same in that game against Chelsea when he shone. If anything to me his final ball (and decision making at high speed) has always been his strongest attacking asset.
I think at the start of last season he was way too cautious in terms of making runs down the left and didn't pick his moments properly. That was the biggest thing, but that improved really quickly. If he stays fit, I have no doubt in my mind that he's the best and most complete left back in the league already. Azpilicueta might be the best at the moment, but that's because he is consistently fit. Shaw is quality at both ends of the pitch, compared to Azpilicueta who is just mostly defensive.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
From last season, when his delivery from wide areas was generally poor. He looked very inhibited, though, always taking the most conservative option. So it's no great surprise he wasn't able to do much buckling of his swash. Dunno if that was nerves, or instructions from the manager but hopefully he'll take a few more risks in and around the opposition box this season.

Brightonian

From last season, when his delivery from wide areas was generally poor. He looked very inhibited, though, always taking the most conservative option. So it's no great surprise he wasn't able to do much buckling of his swash. Dunno if that was nerves, or instructions from the manager but hopefully he'll take a few more risks in and around the opposition box this season.
Maybe at the start of the season, but for most of it I found quite the opposite.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe at the start of the season, but for most of it I found quite the opposite.
Same, he usally attempts to pick some one out, rather than fling an aimless ball in, and hes usually good at it too

adamwest

Dude's a warrior. Going to be absolutely wicked for us this season I reckon.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Struggled to settle in last season with all the injuries and with the price tag think people were expecting a young Maldini. Promising signs towards the end of last season and preseason so far though.
Anyone who thought he would fit in straight away and be the finished product is an idiot. We paid a lot of money for potential, not a finished player

Status
Not open for further replies.