Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"You try to have in the squad the players with more minutes, the players in better shape, in better condition."

Choice words and pretty damning to be honest.
Didn't LVG call him out for his fitness too? I think Shaw ended up taking a fitness coach with him during the summer. He came back fitter and seemed to work, until he got injured.

It's not a good sign that his manager is calling him out again. Needs to step up and prove himself

izec

A lot can still happen til the end of the season. I hope Shaw can somehow get into the side again and start in the summer properly again injury free. That doesnt look good, i havent seen him for months now, even his tweets dont get posted anymore on here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It all must be super frustrating to the lad, as at Southampton years ago he played every game.
Yet now seems to go disappearing for months in a go.

That's football though. On paper, with Shaw and Martial, we should have had arguably the highest potential left side in Europe.
Instead, both have had major issues this season

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
"You try to have in the squad the players with more minutes, the players in better shape, in better condition."

I think he was talking about match fitness. He also said Shaw was earmarked to come back vs Reading but was I'll. Think he will likely play against Wigan.

Devil81

It doesn't take a genius to see he's out of shape, Van Gaal was the first to acknowledge he has weight issues.

Personally for me, if you aren't able to keep the weight off, then you're not professional enough to play for the club. Providing this is actually the reason, I see no future for him at United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It all must be super frustrating to the lad, as at Southampton years ago he played every game.
Yet now seems to go disappearing for months in a go.

That's football though. On paper, with Shaw and Martial, we should have had arguably the highest potential left side in Europe.
Instead, both have had major issues this season
Maybe not as frustrating as it may sound to us if he's had 5 separate small injuries then not played twice because of illness, not playing through the pain barrier is often something Mourinho hates, might show that Shaw isn't as interested in playing as we hope he is.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was going to be involved against Hull in the league cup but he was ill. Will possibly be in squad against Hull in our next game. If not, then definitely Wigan.

OohAahMartial

Dealing with such a bad injury and layoff, and potentially lasting effects to his physical comfort (nagging pains and muscle scarring), and the knockbon effect on his performances and appearances, then it would be quite believable that he might have become depressed. And I don't think Jose is the sympathising type. I hope that its just a normal level of unhappiness and not anything clinical. But could be nothing as even Pilip de Brun wasn't too sure whether to believe his sources on this.

rampo

What does everyone make of the claims that Luke Shaw is suffering from depression? Wonder if this is why both the club and his agent reacted so quickly and forcefully to the suggestion in the media that he would be sold.
Hey, can you post any links to this?

Also, did the club come out and rubbish the suggestions that he would be sold?

Robbie Boy

Where is this depression story emanating from? Has there been anything about it or is this just guesswork?

Marcelinho87

From what we have seen so far I think Shaw will forever have issues with his fitness. You just know looking at him with his massive arse that if he wasn't a footballer he would be a right podgy feck.

What does everyone make of the claims that Luke Shaw is suffering from depression? Wonder if this is why both the club and his agent reacted so quickly and forcefully to the suggestion in the media that he would be sold.
Then hopefully the club gets him the help he needs to recover. But, we can't be giving him game time in that state. He needs to do it on his own time and before the end of his contract.

I'm not sure I believe it though. He came back well from the injury to begin with.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I badly want to see him at left back tonight, play a stormer and be ever present ever after.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
This.

Seems bit unrealistic though, but who knows?
Maybe, but it shouldn't be. In theory Shaw should be a player right up Josè's alley. Fast, powerful, great height for a full back, impossible to beat one-on-on (when he's not fat!), willing to charge forward. His challenge is his fitness and crossing/passing.

Players like Evra and Valencia just doesn't misplace passes, a fantastic thing for a full back. Shaw's just not there, his passing is more erratic.

OohAahMartial

Behind even Rojo now at LB. Doesn't get brought on even when Rojo is on a yellow and has conceded a penalty and been all round useless. What does this say about Jose's opinion of Shaw?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Behind even Rojo now at LB. Doesn't get brought on even when Rojo is on a yellow and has conceded a penalty and been all round useless. What does this say about Jose's opinion of Shaw?
Think it's clear Shaw will start against Wigan. Jose obviously didn't want to risk Shaw having to play 120 minutes if it went to extra time.

If he doesn't start against Wigan then we worry.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Would have liked him to have made a few appearances for the U23s to get back into the groove of things. Guess it is good for the U23s that they're able to play constantly and not have the appearances they have disrupted by us getting our first team members game time but in long term injury cases like Shaw I think I prefer gentle introduction after a couple of U23 games than being 'thrown into the fire' of starting a first team match after hardly any football in a few months.

At least if he makes a mistake for the U23s, there wouldn't be much attention on it, whereas if he makes one while on his first game back in first team there'd be millions of people watching calling him fat again even if that isn't the case.

Water Melon

Shaw will play in the FA game this weekend. Hope he impresses, we need some width on that left side. A fit and in-form Shaw+Martial combo is truly terrific. Mou will have a "Micki" effect on both of these players too, will just take some time.

LouisDanGaal

I'm pretty sure what we all want is a left flank of Shaw and Martial. Really hope Sunday is the day they step up, form a partnership and take their chance. On their day they are easily our best options. Shaw clearly wasn't over his injury when he was playing earlier in the season as is to be expected so I hope he has been able to overcome that barrier, it won't be immediate and I'm not expecting a huge performance going forward, but just a solid defensive performance, not getting caught out and playing the easy pass while offering the occasional overlap and I'll be happy, just enough to give Martial a chance to shine.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm pretty sure what we all want is a left flank of Shaw and Martial. Really hope tomorrow is the day they step up, form a partnership and take their chance. On their day they are easily our best options. Shaw clearly wasn't over his injury when he was playing earlier in the season as is to be expected so I hope he has been able to overcome that barrier, it won't be immediate and I'm not expecting a huge performance going forward, but just a solid defensive performance, not getting caught out and playing the easy pass while offering the occasional overlap and I'll be happy, just enough to give Martial a chance to shine.
I don't. Hope they do on Sunday though. Wary of how Shaw will be after not playing any football for so long.

LouisDanGaal

I don't. Hope they do on Sunday though. Wary of how Shaw will be after not playing any football for so long.
You don't miss a thing! I am also wary, small steps, if he goes back in for the full 90 i'm especially sceptical but we threw Jones in at the deep end and he hasn't looked back.

Nick7

He hasn't even done that much wrong today, just one sloppy pass played behind a run. Had a nice surge up the left and ball in earlier.

Stringer

he's been our brightest player tonight, upgrade on whoever we deployed there lately even after long long tim out injred/ unfit
Has he? His passing has been sloppy and he hasn't exactly offered much on the overlap either. It may be harsh to single him out as almost everyone has been poor but he really needs to improve quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.