Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Fantastic interview, very honest, talk's about how GNev gave him a call and had a word etc

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...urinho-and-gary-neville-on-his-man-utd-career
Very good interview.

The fact that he himself admits to having had to change his lifestyle choices should tell all those on here who were getting on Jose's back that it is entirely on Shaw and his lacklustre attitude. He's at a critical point in his career where he can decide to put in the hard work required to be the team's left back for many years to come (because he obviously has the potential), or he can decide to take it easy and feck up his opportunity at the highest level.

hubbuh

Fantastic interview, very honest, talk's about how GNev gave him a call and had a word etc

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...urinho-and-gary-neville-on-his-man-utd-career
He's such an ordinary 21 year old that you almost feel like an idiot for expecting his transition to a club as astronomically large as United to be so plain sailing. Like @Freak said, undoubtedly Shaw has the potential to make it at the highest level. It just takes a dogged, almost psychotic will to be consistently at the top and I hope he can maintain that. Once he finds his groove he'll be such an asset.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think it just highlights how A- naive he was and more importantly B- potentially another example of our poor recruitment since Fergie left, he typically did a lot of background work on the personality of the individual he was signing

Like I said yesterday it's a strange interview and not one I can ever remember watching ever before with any other player

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good interview but I just find it strange that he's not realised he hasn't been good enough sooner.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
I think it just highlights how A- naive he was and more importantly B- potentially another example of our poor recruitment since Fergie left, he typically did a lot of background work on the personality of the individual he was signing

Like I said yesterday it's a strange interview and not one I can ever remember watching ever before with any other player
Our recruitment wasn't exactly spot on under Fergie. Its not as if it suddenly turned bad after Fergie stepped down. Powell, Kagawa, Buttner, Vermijl, Zaha, Goss, Bebe, Diouf, Obertan, Tosic, Da Laet, Manucho. There´s a very very long list of players that never should´ve been signed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Our recruitment wasn't exactly spot on under Fergie. Its not as if it suddenly turned bad after Fergie stepped down. Powell, Kagawa, Buttner, Vermijl, Zaha, Goss, Bebe, Diouf, Obertan, Tosic, Da Laet, Manucho. There´s a very very long list of players that never should´ve been signed.
None of them cost £30m though, most of those were punts or squad players

Dobbs

Agree, it's a very confusing piece. Seems to be caught between saying the right things for the manager and fans but still trying to make clear that he's always worked hard.

Then there's the question of why do these interviews at all.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Agree, it's a very confusing piece. Seems to be caught between saying the right things for the manager and fans but still trying to make clear that he's always worked hard.

Then there's the question of why do these interviews at all.
Well, even though he has always worked hard, it doesn´t mean he´s worked hard enough for his place. It´s not like he wants to admit that he´s just been careless. In terms of why he does the interview, I can imagine it´s not very nice to constantly have the media focus on the relationship between him and his manager, focusing on every sentence that Mourinho says about him. So he´s sending out a message to put it to bed.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm still waiting to hear of when Fergie employed this management tool of freezing players out for months. Roll out the examples for me.
Perhaps we should just play players whatever their attitude is off the pitch?

Great way of changing team culture and setting examples for the rest of the side.

Can see you'd make a top manager.

Dobbs

Perhaps we should just play players whatever their attitude is off the pitch?

Great way of changing team culture and setting examples for the rest of the side.

Can see you'd make a top manager.
No idea what you're on about. Odd post.

You can't fabricate the position of another poster and then criticise them for it.

Nani, Pique, Cruyff are three off the top of my head
Nothing like what's happened with Shaw or what happened with Mkhitaryan. Or Martial in fact. Or going back to Chelsea with Cuadrado or Luis.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If you have any clue about football, hopefully no one. Shaw has nowhere near that natural ability, dribbling, skill, passing, attacking nouse, crossing and creativity. I hope he can become the left sided Valencia.
In this case maybe my question should have been: Does anyone think Luke Shaw will ever do for us what Marcelo is doing for Real?

saivet

Nope. I still think Shaw can become world class, but he doesn't have the natural attacking ability of Marcelo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"I came back into the team after a long journey off the pitch with my broken leg, I played three games and then I went into comfortable mode where I maybe thought 'I'm in the team, maybe I don't need to try as hard now'.

"I took my foot off the pedal and looking back that was my fault and that's another learning curve, I've learnt not to get too comfortable because during my time at United I've always been the only left-back, always in the team when I was fit."
But somehow people think it's cool to blame Jose for everything.

SirAF

Ageist
It's sickening the way some of our fans always side with a player over our club/manager.
This. I mean, it's not even about choosing a side ffs. It's not like Mourinho doesn't want Shaw to perform :lol: We all want the same thing! It's nice to see him start such an important match though, it means that Mourinho is counting on him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes gone to shit. A new left back should be a priority this summer because he is a nothing player these days

NinjaFletch

I know he's quick and probably has always been strong for his age but it's absolutely staggering he can get to this point in his career and have no idea how to play his position.

El Zoido

He needs to overlap more, it's his best attribute. When he cuts inside he looks lost.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wow. What are people watching? He's having a decent game.

redpatron

this guy is awful, get him off the pitch. constantly out of position and getting beat 1 on 1. blind and shaw for rest of the game is like giving the opposition cheat codes

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fallen apart at the first sign of trouble.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Decent going forward, but there's a lot of work to be done defensively. Without Rojo's injury he might be coming off at HT. Although now we need his help offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.