Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If we'd had him and Tony V playing as full backs all season I reckon we'd have turned a fair few of those draws into wins.

We've missed someone on the left who can support the attack like Tony V does on the right.

Dobbs

Been great last 2 games, his pace down the left flank and willingness to get forwards at any oppurtunity is a huge asset.

Some may despute Jose's strategy with regards to the way he chooses to motivate and inspire his players, but you cannot deny that it's working. Miki responded and now it seems Luke Shaw has also.

Controversial but effective. Well played Jose.
The only way that could be considered true is if both players were performing to a standard we've never seen before.

The reality is the opposite. Both players have had either ok or poor seasons. So there's zero evidence as yet this approach has worked.

Ban

Very good game, did all what was needed from a LB, good decision from Jose to sub him and he had a nice few words about Luke too. Good all around.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The only way that could be considered true is if both players were performing to a standard we've never seen before.

The reality is the opposite. Both players have had either ok or poor seasons. So there's zero evidence as yet this approach has worked.
Miki certainly responded to the challenge put forward by his manager, you cannot deny that. After Ibra, he has arguably been our most influential player on the pitch in terms of end product.

Shaw has played well the last couple of outings, looking almost like his old self prior to the injury. Obviously 2 games is not enough to consider Jose's strategy a success, but it's certainly a good start. Personally I think Shaw will make it under Jose, he is immensely talented in the modern fullback role, he just needs the right guidance. Jose can provide that.

Last edited:

dogwithabone

That was great attacking play today when he laid on that chance for Fellaini. Think he just needs a run of games to get the belief back in his game but good to see that he's responded to Mou's withering comments of a week or two back.

Jonno

To all the anti-Mourinho brigade, do you agree with my opinion that Mourinho's comments have motivated Shaw to play to a better standard and actually, he may well have had Shaw's best interest in mind when deciding to publicly challenge him?

TheReligion

Abusive
Much better from Shaw today. Actually got in behind his man a few times as his confidence grew.

Looks like he and Jose are back on track.

Jonno

That's easily the best game I've seen Shaw have since his horrific injury. So I think Jose's approach has worked.

I'd rather us have a manager who sets the standard level high to play for Manchester United whilst risking his reputation publicly rather than our previous two Managers who attempted to drop the standard levels required, to try strengthen their own position as the manager.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If it was psychological issues stopping Shaw to fully commit, then Mourinho's public 'last chance' threat seems to have worked.

Shaw never hesitated once today in tackles, and was fully committed pushing forwards. I think Mourinho has cajoled extra motivation and commitment from Shaw, and possibly saved his career with us.

Time will tell, but I fully trust Mourinho to know how to handle the situation.

Last edited:

Dobbs

That's easily the best game I've seen Shaw have since his horrific injury. So I think Jose's approach has worked.

I'd rather us have a manager who sets the standard level high to play for Manchester United whilst risking his reputation publicly rather than our previous two Managers who attempted to drop the standard levels required, to try strengthen their own position as the manager.
And if he has a bad game next week does your opinion flip the other way?

Maybe Shaw had a good game today for no other reason than he's a good footballer. It could be that simple.

TheReligion

Abusive
If his problem was psychological issues stopping Shaw commit, then Mourinho's public 'last chance' threat seems to have worked.

Shaw never hesitated once today in tackles, and was fully committed pushing forwards. I think Mourinho has cajoled extra motivation and commitment from Shaw, and possibly saved Shaw's career with us.

Time will tell, but I fully trust Mourinho to know how to handle the situation.
Good post

Skills

Snitch

Maybe Shaw had a good game today for no other reason than he's a good footballer. It could be that simple.
Don't worry, they'll still find some other way to lick the turd out of Mourinho's anus. I have full confidence in that.

Canucantona20

That was great attacking play today when he laid on that chance for Fellaini. Think he just needs a run of games to get the belief back in his game but good to see that he's responded to Mou's withering comments of a week or two back.
Any other team that would have been a goal. Great move by shaw and Ibras pass was class too

Jonno

True, it's early days so far, but I've seen it work with Miki, he looks twice the player he was when he first sign.

Shaw looks better already, so it's encouraging signs.

I'm not a fan of pandering to precious footballers, worried about their feelings. They are lucky enough to have a great career, money, lifestyle... If they're not good enough they need to be told.

Played well today. Got caught upfield once or twice but he was getting in behind his man frequently and was generally solid.

Terminator

He played pretty well against Bournemouth (?) as well. Dont think there is much to see here.

Marcus

If Valencia plays, Shaw will not be on the pitch. Jose's approach is that only one fullback bombs forward and not both.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Was ok yesterday, not made many mistakes, and could have done better with one or two crosses.

But it's very good knowing that he barely played this season.

I hope he'll finish the season strongly, playing in the league and sometimes in Europa League (maybe Jose will want Blind in this spot to balance with Valencia's run forward).

And I also hope that he'll go with the England U21 this summer. A international tournament where he can play 5/6 games can be good for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"I've got a massive smile on my face," Shaw said after just his second Premier League start in over five months.

"It's great to have got 60 minutes under my belt and to help the team get the victory we needed.

"I wanted to play 90 minutes but it is the manager's call and I think the manager made a good decision to sort of make sure I didn't get that second yellow.

"I felt really good, felt really fit and now on from here I just want to work hard in training and keep playing games. I feel really good, I feel really confident.

"I took what the manager said on board and, like I said, I will work hard until the end.

"I want to be at this place and hopefully I can carry on giving great performances for the club until the end of the season.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...on-europa-league-trophy-mission-35615653.html

Maybe things are finally happening for him.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Jose was wrong, Shaw is world class without his management, etc. etc.
Once again we do no have any on the pitch evidence that Shaw has upped his game over this period. And the only reason we are seeing these constant puff pieces from Shaw and his camp is because Mourinho has constantly criticized him in public which has caused negative rumors to fester about his fitness, mentality and Footballing IQ. Plus it is April I do not know if it is great management if it took over three quarters of the season to turn it around.

Mike09

If Valencia plays, Shaw will not be on the pitch. Jose's approach is that only one fullback bombs forward and not both.
Both of them have played together on the pitch at the start of the season.

SirAF

Ageist
Presumably he just meant he wants to have a good end to the season. At least he's responded well, too me it's obvious that Mourinho is only criticising the players he's knows will respond.
Exaxtly. One Chelsea poster said that Mourinho singles out a player if he thinks he can get something out of him - if he dislikes or don't want a certain player he'll just ignore him.

Dobbs

Presumably he just meant he wants to have a good end to the season. At least he's responded well, too me it's obvious that Mourinho is only criticising the players he's knows will respond.
Three quarters into the season and Shaw has just put together 75 mins of decent football. I'm not sure that's a response, not the one you'd want anyway.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exaxtly. One Chelsea poster said that Mourinho singles out a player if he thinks he can get something out of him - if he dislikes or don't want a certain player he'll just ignore him.
Sort of happened at ManUtd also. Criticized Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Shaw, Smalling and all of them are playing. Didn't say anything about Schneiderlin, Depay, both are gone. Rooney will be following them in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.