Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Luke Paul Hoare Shaw
Jul 12, 1995 (21)
Kingston upon Thames

1.81 m

2015/16 was a nightmare for the fresh-faced full-back, who suffered a horrific leg break in September’s Champions League tie against PSV Eindhoven, which ruled him out for the entire season.

Shaw had started the term in superb form with several of energetic displays. A youngster with all the makings of a top player, Luke possesses maturity beyond his years and the ability to make a difference at both ends of the pitch, not to mention a great turn of pace.

He opted to change his shirt number at the start of the campaign from 3 to 23, which he previously wore at Southampton, saying he wants to make the number his for years to come at Old Trafford.

Following his return to training with a club physio in April 2016, Shaw said: "I have missed football so much. It was hard for me to watch it at times because I just wanted to be out there playing so badly."

Clas Sified

We missed his energy and desire in LB a lot last season IMO. Borthwick-Jackson was a decent replacement, but Shaw's energetic runs were electrifying, contributing significantly to the attack while also putting in a solid defensive shift.

If he can overcome any mental barriers, I'm sure he'll be massive this season. He's had optimum time to recover and I'm sure he's been receiving the best treatment you can get in the world. Physically, he should hopefully be in peak condition come August, fingers crossed he's not restrained due to a fear of tackles and whatnot.

Team of the Season 2016/17 :D

SirAF

Ageist
If he hasn't lost any pace I will cream myself. He was by far my favorite player last season before his injury.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He is going to be such a beast under Mourinho, he is the perfect archetype for Jose, he'll give our left side a different dimension going forward.

aelharras

I have no doubt that Shaw possesses the fortitude to overcome any mental barriers, it is his physical attributes that might have decreased.

I'm staying positive however and I can't wait to see him running his lungs out for the team again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What I want to see. Is that he hasn't lost any of his pace.

sugar_kane

He took one fairly heavy tackle in the first half which I was glad of, as he seemed to be a lot less cagey after that.

Made some fantastic runs inside and look fairly dangerous at times. I think he's going to get back to where he was and far beyond. The lad will be a legend.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Difficult game to judge him on, no defensive work to do but still made some good forward runs against a compact defence.

Good performance overall, hopefully he'll steadily get back to his usual-self.

WhoDaGOAT

He didn't look hesitant, to be fair to him.

A lot of players would be wary heading into a challenge or fearful of exposing the old wound.

ThanksBoss26

He took one fairly heavy tackle in the first half which I was glad of, as he seemed to be a lot less cagey after that.

Made some fantastic runs inside and look fairly dangerous at times. I think he's going to get back to where he was and far beyond. The lad will be a legend.
Yep, psychologically I imagine that is a big hurdle overcome.

Great to see him back.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Yep i thougt that too.

Bu he'll get small injuries in the next weeks.....that's normal after such a injury.

LouisDanGaal

Looks a bit overweight but didn't move like he was, maybe that's just his thing.

krazyrobus

Wasn't as explosive as the beginning of last season. I hope it's just feeling his way into the game and not long term effects.

Devil may care

Very encouraging first run out. Understandably rusty but didn't look hesitant at all.
Agreed, he looked confident on the ball and in any tackle situation, and he put plenty of running in, it was more than I hoped for after 10 months out with such an horrific injury.

SirAF

Ageist
Looks a bit overweight but didn't move like he was, maybe that's just his thing.
Nah, Mourinho said he expected Shaw to come back with a bit of extra weight after being out for so long but he was impressed that it wasn't the case. The lad is shredded.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nah, Mourinho said he expected Shaw to come back with a bit of extra weight after being out for so long but he was impressed that it wasn't the case. The lad is shredded.
He said prematch that Shaw had a bit of extra weight which I think is daft considering the photos we've seen. More likely he's just lacking that fitness which isn't surprising given how long he's been out.

SirAF

Ageist
He said prematch that Shaw had a bit of extra weight which I think is daft considering the photos we've seen. More likely he's just lacking that fitness which isn't surprising given how long he's been out.
He did? These are the quotes I saw

"I was expecting him to start the pre-season with some limitations - a little bit of weight and less sharpness. But the physical point of view is good and more than that, the mental point of view is good. The kid was great in the summer. He worked every day at the training ground to try to be ready for this."

SirAF

Ageist
Ah must have heard the interview wrong on the stream. Heard most of it except for this: But the physical point of view is good and more than that
He certainly looks like he's raring to go!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lol don't start this again. He's just got wide hips and a big ass. It makes him look like he's "carrying weight" when he clearly isn't. If he's that lean on holiday after a months pre season he's not going to have any fat on him at all.

LouisDanGaal

Lol don't start this again. He's just got wide hips and a big ass. It makes him look like he's "carrying weight" when he clearly isn't. If he's that lean on holiday after a months pre season he's not going to have any fat on him at all.
Ha I was only joking because of how much it came up last season, he looks in absolutely top shape, can't wait to see him gradually get his sharpness and confidence back. One of my favourite players in the team easily.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ha I was only joking because of how much it came up last season, he looks in absolutely top shape, can't wait to see him gradually get his sharpness and confidence back. One of my favourite players in the team easily.
Yeah, already in that 1 game was so much better than Rojo being LB. his timing of runs is excellent and he doesn't shy away from possession, really dovetails well with the winger, something evra was awesome at. We missed that badly last year.

LouisDanGaal

Yeah, already in that 1 game was so much better than Rojo being LB. his timing of runs is excellent and he doesn't shy away from possession, really dovetails well with the winger, something evra was awesome at. We missed that badly last year.
We were having a nice conversation and then you had to bring up Rojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.