6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He's looking good. Clearly nackered by about 40 minutes but until that point had a claim to be our best player.

m1y2

the only positive, he's pretty speedy as well, that run to support whoever looked really promising..

littlepeasoup

Not been watching, but from what people are saying he's well on his way. Absolutely fantastic to see, can't wait to see him tearing down the wing for us next season.

Rajma

A very good talent, always picks the player out even under the massive pressure, has a good awareness in terms of build up play and has a pace to add - such a contrast to the Rojo experiment on the left. Love to have him back.

Robbie Boy

Hard to believe that he's only turned 21! Also hard to believe that this will be his 3rd full season with us. Such a class player, hopefully he stays injury free and gets back to his best.

SirAF

Ageist
Yup, as was expected. Glad to see he's still lightening quick. It'll take him time to get back to where he was.
fecking delighted! That was the most important thing about his comeback, the rest will fall in place soon enough.

Robbie Boy

fecking delighted! That was the most important thing about his comeback, the rest will fall in place soon enough.
Aye, after his injury, that was the thing that most worried me. But he's clearly shown that his pace hasn't been adversely affected in the slightest. The more games he gets, the better / fitter he will get and that's something to be excited about. So, so talented.

Ibi Dreams

I've always heard that players don't generally lose pace after breaks, it's more after ligament and muscle injuries that they get slower. Still, hard not to worry until seeing him bomb down the wing again

JoaquinJoaquin

Good to see he still has that engine he had prior to his injury. Been hit and miss in this game but that's pre season for you. Encouraging.

Charlie Foley

Great to have him back! Inconsistency is guaranteed in pre season, especially after such a long injury! We're a much, much better team with him in the starting XI though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best LB in world football? I don't say that lightly but I really don't see a weakness in him. If he didn't have that damn leg break he would be head and shoulders above everybody so far.

vodrake

Genuinely surprised to see him so fit after that horrible injury.
I think Mourinho said he came back early for pre-season to get some extra fitness work in. Did the same last summer.

Clas Sified

Best LB in world football? I don't say that lightly but I really don't see a weakness in him. If he didn't have that damn leg break he would be head and shoulders above everybody so far.
Shaw's great but Alaba is surely the world's best LB. Shaw definitely has the potential to become the best though.

m1y2

he's back :drool: finished 90 mins too, that's fantastic after such a long time out.I am proud of him

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Alaba, Alba, Marcelo, Rodriguez. Let's see where he is in 6 months.

I've always heard that players don't generally lose pace after breaks, it's more after ligament and muscle injuries that they get slower. Still, hard not to worry until seeing him bomb down the wing again
Yeah that is true. With leg breaks it's more a psychological factor of how hard they'll push themselves at a full sprint at first. I'm glad he's doing great!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Bit premature, he has the qualities to be exactly this and when fit his performances show he can be world class.

However, let's not forget he's only had one proper good season and that wasn't even with us. Weird thing is, I can see him improving even further because he's got a fantastic attitude.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Alaba, Alba, Marcelo, Rodriguez. Let's see where he is in 6 months.
Hahahaha don't ever put Rodriquez in his bracket c'mon!

Alaba and Marcelo arguably are better attacking, but defensively I don't think they are as good as Shaw is. Alba is just a headless chicken, more of a winger than a defender.

Devil may care

Good performance all round and got 90 minutes under his belt, can't ask more than that.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Alaba and Marcelo arguably are better attacking, but defensively I don't think they are as good as Shaw is. Alba is just a headless chicken, more of a winger than a defender.
Not a chance.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's a ridiculously good talent. Just praying he stays fit this season.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Genuinely surprised to see him so fit after that horrible injury.
Absolutely, it’s one thing to lift weights and be physically ready for the comeback but considering the amount of time since his last game before the Wigan game, he’s been surprisingly good, especially today.

rooneyaldo

previously Cardiff, Wales. Now Montreal, Canada
Had some heavy touches at critical moments in attack which can be atribited to rustiness. But was good defensively. Maybe could have done better against Dembele. But all things considered he was excellent in terms of fitness and that's what should be the main thing at this point.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Played better than against Wigan which shows that if he keeps on playing he will be the beast we once knew.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

How good a defender really is you can only find out once he has played against world class attackers on a regular basis. Shaw still has a lot to prove.

Walters_19_MuFc

Our best player by a pretty good distance today. Also glad he played the whole 90 mins, and looked as if he had more running in him. Will be very important for us going into the season. Cannot wait to see him and Martial down the left.

baanke laal

banned
I don't think he is even performing at full throttle yet. Should get better as the time goes without any unforeseen hiccups.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Fwiw Paul George in the NBA had the same injury, missed most of one season then came back last year and had his best individual season yet.
He is am absolute beast and almost single handedly beat the raptors in the playoffs. One of the best forwards in the game.

ChaddyP

still has his pace, christ he is quick, and clearly not afraid to put in a tackle. We will be fine at LB thats for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.