Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojoon

Improved but I thought he should have done better winning headers in the last few minutes. Cramp doesn't help, to be fair.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well no it's not the same because he's still recovering from his injury and has barely played.
No he isn't, otherwise he wouldn't be playing. Smalling and Jones are still recovering from their injuries. Shaw has recovered. He has barely played due to not being selected, not because he's been injured.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Now any sort of success Shaw has for here on out Mourinho is either going to take credit or people will give him credit for it.

prath92

He wasn't perfect but he played well I thought. Some of those runs were amazing and he was OK defensively too

Seven Seas Sardines

The only good thing about Rojo's injury is that this guy will play a lot more since Blind will be moved infield. Hopefully he can get a few performances on the bounce and get back to his old best. There were signs today, and we've badly missed an attacking left-back in all those annoying draws..

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
True. I don't think either Shaw or Martial will be here next season but mentally, he'll be happy with Shaw and can see him get a few more opportunities before the end of the season.
I actually think Mourinho plans to have Shaw as his left back - I don't think he'd be pushing him like this if he didn't. Of course it remains to be seen whether it works out, but so far Shaw has responded excellently I think. He accepted the criticism and seems to be working on it. Playing the full two hours yesterday and generally doing well helps his case a lot.

johanovic

Those runs by Shaw did give us another dimension in attack and he needs to play games to gain confidence. He´s by far the best left back we have and the only one that can give us an attacking threat on the left. Coming back from a injury like he had is never easy and some never recover fully.

ChaddyP

I'd love to see him get the "Valencia Role" more often and have the entire left side to him self. Looked a threat going forward

dirkey

Those runs by Shaw did give us another dimension in attack and he needs to play games to gain confidence. He´s by far the best left back we have and the only one that can give us an attacking threat on the left. Coming back from a injury like he had is never easy and some never recover fully.
Attacking wise, yes, he's probably our best left back. Currently not from a defensive point of view if you ask me - just look at their goal yesterday.

ghagua

Really glad that he is back in the team and doing well. He should be our first choice left back.

Nickosaur

Feel so gutted for him. But clearly is not fit enough to be a top class footballer. Needs to move on :(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What happened to him? Came back in the room and he was limping off.

IrishRedDevil

:( Feel really sore for him. Getting back from such a horrible injury is a tough job itself, but the niggling injuries that have followed have been a nightmare.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Said it in the match thread but Rooney looked pissed off at him and Carrick didn't look too pleased either. It was almost like they weren't convinced he was really hurt.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How can you build a team around snowflakes who spend more time in the treatment room then on the pitch?

Bwuk

What actually happened? Rooney looked visibly annoyed with him.

derace

hope we sell im in the summer. we cant have so many players that are permanently injured.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Starting to not care about how good he could possibly be. I'd rather we have a left back version of Tony V, who can play nearly every game and be relied upon. I feel sorry for him and the issues he continues to have, but how long can we keep waiting for him to be fit and dependable?

It's clear why Darmian starts big games under Mourinho.

Womp

idiot
It's a shame but I really don't think he's going to make it here. Another position to add to the list this transfer window.

RedMaestro

Feel sorry for Shaw. It really doesn't look that good for him to continue to play for Mourinho. I wouldn't be surprised if a new LB is in Mourinho's plans for the next season.

red4ever 79

I think this is exactly what Mourinho refers to when he talks about players not willing to play through the pain and be men for the team. I think he is gone in the summer. Another one made of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.