Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisDanGaal

Today has to be the day, another chance might not come this season. Come on shaw.

I don't think I've heard Gary Neville as positive about any player as he is routinely about shaw. Probably seen a lot in England training, but it still always surprises me the way he talks about him.

Mike09

Chance is given to him now and it's not just some of cup games against Championship or league one team but a premiere league game! He'd better take the chance. Good luck and show what you got!!

TheBiggest

Come on Luke, have a great game. I'm such a massive fan. Hope he's got his head right. Potential to be one of the best full-backs in the world over a long period of time. Fingers crossed.

Terminator

Ive never been confident of a player becoming world class than Luke Shaw before the leg injury. The potential he has is truly insane and if he recovers physically and mentally, sky is the limit.

TheBiggest

Ive never been confident of a player becoming world class than Luke Shaw before the leg injury. The potential he has is truly insane and if he recovers physically and mentally, sky is the limit.
Agree with you. Despite everything we have done over the last 36-months in the transfer market, the most exciting I was about any signing was Luke Shaw. You just know if he turns out good, he turns out good for 10-years with us. Whereas, Falcao, Di Maria, Ibra - all short-termers...didn't float my boat as much.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He's united quality if he gets his head right. There's absolutely no reason for him to not grab this chance and be one of the stars of his generation. I really hope Mourinho can have some patiens with him and coach him back to the absolute top level. He just cannot let a player like this slip or I will think a lot less of him as a manger.

Have to add I think he looks like a typical Arsenal player both career wise (where it's going) and style wise.

3KDré

I honestly don't think he will do anything spectacular, I expect his usual rusty game back after injury.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I honestly don't think he will do anything spectacular, I expect his usual rusty game back after injury.
Same. I still think he needed a spell with the U23s to get sharpness. Zouma for Chelsea, who had an injury that wasn't as long, had a spell with their U23s and was rusty too. Was a good initial way of getting some games while not impacting on first team results.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah but not quite in the sensational statement "He is suffering from depression" like some have claimed. I said in this thread that I think the scenario is probably something like:

Due to the horrific nature of the injury he probably finds himself hesitating or not commuting to tackles properly or/and he avoids dribbling/running into a sea of defenders. There's a bit of a mental block there.

When I was younger I came off my bike around a roundabout and face planted the concrete. It took me years to have proper confidence around corners again as I felt like leaning into them would slip my wheels out from underneath me again. No matter how much I tried to convince myself it was safe because I'd done it successfully thousands of times before, my brain made the balance feel wrong and unstable.

I imagine Luke has a similar sensation when he throws his leg into a challenge. Or is about to be slide tackled. As such his instincts will have him making the wrong decisions.

If that's the case, it's understandable that Mourinho isn't giving him game time even in the reserves as not only can it make it even more dangerous for him, it also means Mourinho cannot fully trust him to do his job properly on the field.

What if a big strong winger was about to blast past him and get into a good position to cross, would Shaw have the confidence to put in a big tackle to stop him?

I think it's something along those lines and Mourinho understands and is letting him go through the process of overcoming it properly, no doubt working very closely with a sports psychologist.

Completely dispelled my doubts here with that challenge.

Fox E Power

He's back baby! A patient spell of earning Jose's trust is coming to an end, just like it did for Mhki and Martial. Shaw to be MotM in the Europa final

JON.B

Sloop
Thought he had a good game, certainly better then our other options.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I thought he was easily our best player. What the hell was Lingard brought on for him for ?
So you can use him in the next match. He's not properly match fit and he was visibly tired. Couldn't pass more than 5m well.

Did well overall, looked good.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Looked decent. Promising comeback.

Still thought he was carrying too much weight. The size of his arse...

Devil may care

Solid outing for him despite the shitfest team performance, good to see him going strong into 50/50 situations.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
If he's dropped for the next game I think it's pretty clear Mourinho has something against him. He played well (after being held out for ages) and certainly offered more than our other alternatives in that position.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Weird decision to bring him off, unless he was knackered. He was offering a lot on the overlap with Martial. Productivity from the left was non-existent after that.

Kag

Quite comfortably our best option at left back, which of course has been the case all season long.

Did ok. Made a few stupid mistakes and doesn't look fully fit, but a promising first game back.

Eire Red United

Thought he was very very good today. Fair play to him for going hard into those 50/50 challeges as others have said. Can't be easy for him after what happened.

Mike09

I thought he played well. This is a big progress for someone who hasn't been playing for long time and also still mentally recovered from the last season's injury. Game time will make him better and I hope he plays more games from now on.

Fracture90

Very good performance from him today. He was going into tackles as well. Pleased to have him back, he's our best option on the left.

MadMike

I thought he did well. He made a couple of important tackles, offered an option going forward.

I don't know what his instructions were and how Mou saw his performance but I think he deserves a few games based on this. He didn't seem like liability, someone you would worry about with regards to his marking or when on the ball. He is comfortably better than Rojo and Darmian and better defensively than Blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.