Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

It doesn't matter because MEN got it from Shaw's Instagram. Are you telling me MEN got all the contents by their own camera or phone? And that's not the point. The point is that I just don't like when you said when other players had days off because you have no proof if the other players are actually not training hard.
I'm not talking about the video he posted yesterday, I'm talking about last Monday!

The players had a day off but Shaw was in training on his own.

Mike09

I'll try find it for you tomorrow, can't be bothered looking midnight.

Edit googled Luke Shaw training on his own and a few links came up.
Before you posted this, I did googled "Luke Shaw training on his own". And I can't find the ones you saw from MEN. Thats why I asked you. And the one that pop up in Google aren't MEN but the one from daily mail, metro, express and etc. Those are media that we know are considered to be click bait ads or looking for view by publishing fake news. And again there is no evidence of pictures showing that he trained alone. No confirmation as well. The only recent MEN news about Shaw trains was the video from Instagram I was talking about.
No idea how can those media convince you to believe that other players have day off or not training as hard as Luke.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
we should have known "ready to play" was actually "but he won't though"

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
In my opinion, I feel that Luke Shaw was bought too soon. He should have spend several more seasons developing at Southampton instead of moving to United at the age of 19. Southampton usually have a great track record of developing young players. If United wanted to make sure that Liverpool didn't steal him, they should have bought him, then put him on a 2 year loan. He should have moved to a big club in his early 20's like Clyne did, instead of going so young.

He's been thrown in the deep end at a Jose Mourinho's Manchester United side without being developed enough as a fullback, IMO.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In my opinion, I feel that Luke Shaw was bought too soon. He should have spend several more seasons developing at Southampton instead of moving to United at the age of 19. Southampton usually have a great track record of developing young players. If United wanted to make sure that Liverpool didn't steal him, they should have bought him, then put him on a 2 year loan. He should have moved to a big club in his early 20's like Clyne did, instead of going so young.

He's been thrown in the deep end at a Jose Mourinho's Manchester United side without being developed enough as a fullback, IMO.
He came in as first choice right back, had a slow first season and then looked like he was going to be a world beater in his second before he broke his leg and missed a year.

Without that leg break you wouldn't be suggesting he was bought too early IMO.

Nickosaur

He came in as first choice right back, had a slow first season and then looked like he was going to be a world beater in his second before he broke his leg and missed a year.

Yep, this is key. It's a leg break ffs. Hardly a scratch, and for a young lad to miss that much football is a huge blow, physically and mentally. I'm not worried yet.

SteveTheRed

Exactly, I can't imagine even with the strongest will and mindset in the world you can just jump straight back into playing football at the highest level. He only returned to training 6 months ago.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He created the massive amount of space we had for the goal with his run.

Raw

I thought he grew into the game. First half he was really poor in attack, he barely ran up the pitch. Showed more of what we love about Shaw in the second half though.

Devil may care

He was solid tonight, playd very cautiously I felt, he'll need to up his attacking game as it's clear Jose is tasking the fullback's with providing attacking width as we are playing with inside forwards in the wide attacking positions.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He still doesn't look very good to me. Of course, he has mitigation that still has months left to run TBH, but at present, he's been nothing special at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hope he unleashes himself a bit more. Perhaps the injury is still playing on his mind but he isn't flying forward like he used too. Sometimes there is good space out wide for him to run into, but he would rather turn back and play it safe. Good tidy performance apart from that, but that's the next thing he needs to learn to be really world class.

Coxy

Hope he unleashes himself a bit more. Perhaps the injury is still playing on his mind but he isn't flying forward like he used too. Sometimes there is good space out wide for him to run into, but he would rather turn back and play it safe. Good tidy performance apart from that, but that's the next thing he needs to learn to be really world class.
maybe that's what he has been told to do?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It's probably a mixture of things. Confidence being a big factor. Maybe too afraid to make a mistake and lose the ball or get out of position.

Also not at his peak physical capabilities after his massive injury. Couldn't get over how easy Navas was beating him for pace recently, even though Navas is a speed merchant.

I have little doubt he'll turn into a star for us.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like he was told to defend firstly last night then go from there. A decent performance and good one to get under his belt.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would be nice having this guy firing on all cylinders. You can see all the headache Valencia powering forward causes our opponents left-side, having that on both sides would be mint.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He's declining imo. Positional sense is at sea. Is his head messed up?
Strange since I always saw him as a natural defender- I think that the yard of pace he has lost fools us though, that extra yard can cover up a lot. Look at Valencia, he is quite suspectible positionally, but due to his pace in recovery he seldom gets called out for it. Also he seems a bit slow in reacting this season as well, will often fall for dinks and fake moves, not sure if this is due to mental sharpness or that booty of his getting a bit on the big side.

What annoys me is that he doesn't seem to grasp when to press and when to stand off, this has led to two goals against which he has been called out for this season. Also he isn't near the attacking threat he was early last season.

Still so young and so much potential to improve though, I think he is enough of a natural defender for Mourinho to persist with him, and in 2-3 season time we will be having a right laugh.

donkeyfish

I think he looked decent yesterday, but I'm not sure how much it means. Feyenoord were largely dominated, leaving little work for him defensively.

I thought we were a bit ineffective on the left at times, despite promising # of players and runs on that side. Not sure why though, it might be the unfamiliarity.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Strange since I always saw him as a natural defender- I think that the yard of pace he has lost fools us though, that extra yard can cover up a lot. Look at Valencia, he is quite suspectible positionally, but due to his pace in recovery he seldom gets called out for it. Also he seems a bit slow in reacting this season as well, will often fall for dinks and fake moves, not sure if this is due to mental sharpness or that booty of his getting a bit on the big side.

What annoys me is that he doesn't seem to grasp when to press and when to stand off, this has led to two goals against which he has been called out for this season. Also he isn't near the attacking threat he was early last season.

Still so young and so much potential to improve though, I think he is enough of a natural defender for Mourinho to persist with him, and in 2-3 season time we will be having a right laugh.
You're probably right. He likely needs match practice after last season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I think that it's Mourinho's instruction, I have always been under the impression that Mourinho plays with a very attacking fullback and a very defensive one. Shaw is our Arbeloa, Chivu, Ivanovic, Paulo Ferreira or Azpilicueta.

Zoo

I thought he decent against Feyenoord and expect to see him in the League Cup on Wednesday.

El Zoido

Reports today suggesting we're looking to offload him in January. Bet he starts tonight though.

Rossa

Sounds utterly ridiculous that we will be offloading him in January... he's been a little underwhelming lately though. At times he looks a little sluggish, his technique is only average most of the time and he doesn't get into enough good attacking positions. Defensively he is mostly good, but I was surprised that he struggled so much with the pace of Navas (didn't see the match).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: yeah just like we are getting rid of Martial too :nono:

Fracture90

Hope it's not some serious injury, he was class when he was on. He completley shut left side and Antonio who toyed with Darmian past Sunday.

Devil may care

Another injury. :( He was very strong defensively tonight but is really lacking confidence in his attacking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.