Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

And some of you wonder why he doesn't play... Absolutely terrible performance in the first half.

kps88

People who think he's had a decent game are only noticing him when he has the ball. His positioning defensively has largely been terrible. Probably made to look even worse considering he has Blind next to him.

If he doesn't improve in the second half he's going to disappear for a while after tonight's game.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If he reacts to the ball instead of appealing for the offside, he has a fair chance of stopping their goal. Can't see Jose being remotely happy with that action.

Tarrou

I think he gets caught out of position sometimes because he's just gassed, not because he doesn't know where to be. Positioning isn't difficult for a full back.

Vaibhav Raj

It is amazing how he always makes this one big run in some matches where he catches a few defenders off gaurd, goes past them, gets inside the penalty area and then just passes the ball to opposition keeper instead of putting his foot through it. It is so frustrating to watch. Those runs are extremely rare mind you.

SirAF

Ageist
He's been so dangerous, being caught out high up the field. If Darmian was on the bench I would have swapped him at half time.

Special_One

Been poor. But get off his back, the Caf is so marmite with the guy. Love him after Sunderland, hate him after Anderlecht.

Dinghy

He's made the kind of defensive errors that surely pisses Mourinho right off. Unless he gets the chance to turn it around in the second half, he won't be seen again this season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm starting to see what Jose was talking about. He's clueless positionally. Doesn't support his teammates, doesn't create any space for Pogba in midfield.

As for doing supposedly playing well, he's made couple overlaps and crossed one decent ball in for Lingard. Hardly warrants praise ffs.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Attacked better than usual, defensively been very sloppy. Reverse Shaw.

prath92

I think he gets caught out of position sometimes because he's just gassed, not because he doesn't know where to be. Positioning isn't difficult for a full back.
actually its the most difficult for a fullback.

Djemba-Djemba

His party trick of bursting into the opposition box and then rolling the ball to their keeper is starting to get a little annoying too to be honest.

Jaybomb

And people say he's better than Darmian and Blind at LB...

Not a chance.

Why do we always play him in "must win" games when its apparent that Mourinho doesn't fancy him.

CM

It's not his best defensive performance but the whole team has been a defensive shitshow since Rojo went off. Shaw has been very good going forward.

Paxi

Better this second half. He just needs to make more of these marauding runs and just play. I think he overthinks a lot. Maybe that's down to Jose and van Gaal.

Last edited:

Fracture90

Shaw has spent his halftime reading your comments, he came out with a point to prove in the 2nd half.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Better this second half. He just needs to make more of this marauding runs and just play. I think he overthinks a lot. Maybe that's down to Jose and van Gaal.
Have you read what Silvestre said about him?

Paxi

That he's over-thinking too much. Nothing we didn't know already, but I just read it today and your post made me think about it.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2017/04...s-full-back-role-at-manchester-united-179120/

“But Luke isn’t doing that any more. He is thinking twice about whether he should go or not. Should I stay, should I go? His mind is in turmoil.

“He should just go because the other guys are going to cover for him. His best attributes for me are when he is going forward and helping with the attack. In the last third he should be getting to the byline. That’s what Manchester United full backs do. He needs to get back to doing that without thinking about it.”
Well that's what I was getting at. I think it's obviously a mental block and a confidence issue which can be worked on. I hope he mentally comes back to his Southampton days, which I'm sure he will. Whether that will be under Mourinho, well, that's an entirely different matter.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Well that's what I was getting at. I think it's obviously a mental block and a confidence issue which can be worked on. I hope he mentally comes back to his Southampton days, which I'm sure he will. Whether that will be under Mourinho, well, that's an entirely different matter.
I agree and I think that's what Mourinho was talking about a few weeks ago when Shaw had that good cameo - hat he had to shout at him and tell him to push forward when he was hesitating and that he didn't trust him to do it on his own.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Did very well tonight. Looked fit throughout the match.

Tarrou

Thought he got better as the game went on. Good to see him making more overlapping runs.

redpatron

terrible showing. he's lucking none of #4 headers led to goal, he owned his soul in those last few minutes

Philadelphian

Ran for 2 hours. Needs some refining defensively, but he looks more dangerous than Valencia going forward (small sample and I know Valencia stayed back tactically tonight).

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A great display considering he hasn't played hardly any football this season.

dogwithabone

Very good tonight. I don't think his last few performances would be even in question if there hadn't been that public spat with Jose. His problem at the minute is that he's under scrutiny like never before and unless he delivers ten out of ten performances match after match then the critics will be after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.