Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Three quarters into the season and Shaw has just put together 75 mins of decent football. I'm not sure that's a response, not the one you'd want anyway.
In fairness to Shaw his leg did basically explode last year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Strange interview (it's on sky sports), basically said he's had criticsm before and he's only reacting positively to it now. Initially I wondered if he was referring to when LVG said he was overweight but maybe there's more to it? Feeling he's unlikely to live up to the potential and a new LB will be needed if not this summer then in January

RedMaestro

Manchester United's Luke Shaw: I told Jose Mourinho I'd prove him wrong - http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...-shaw-i-told-jose-mourinho-id-prove-him-wrong
..."I had a really good chat with him [after the criticism] and I totally agree with him -- I will do whatever he wants," Shaw added. "I've always been a hard worker but maybe, if I look back, maybe I wasn't working as hard as he likes.

"We had a really good talk and he discussed what he wanted from me and even in a week-and-a-half I've seen a massive change in myself, not just on the pitch but off it as well.

"Now it's my time to fight until the end of the season and show the boss what I can bring to help his team."...

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
It's what you want to hear of course and still time in this season for him to actually show it. He's in a good position where if he applies himself the job is his, but maybe he needed the public dressing down to respond.

Hope Martial continues to work at it even if it's not coming off right now on the pitch. He already responded once as hoped and earned the spot back, even though he's fallen off since.

soapythecat

After admitting he has been a poor professional since returning from his injury, he shouldn't be surprised if he is sold this summer.
After all the stick Jose and others have had for supposedly mistreating Luke, yet all the time he has just been a lazy shit.
Hopefully Jose won't need him to play for the rest of the season and he can sweat out his future at the club - if he really wants it.

Terminator

He's just saying what we want to hear, the truth might be quite different.

If he says anything against Jose, hes done at the club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So pleased to hear one of our players saying the right thing to the press. Talking the talk is a completely new thing and I'm in no way desensitised to it.

Womp

idiot

Yes, he's come out and admitted he wasn't good enough, not once, but twice in the matter of a few weeks, has been questioned by other managers before, but he's doing this because Jose is lying and he's really an incredible professional. Give your head a wobble pal, It's obvious you don't like Jose, but Christ, that's daft.

If Jose was lying about something like this just so he had an excuse not to play him, that would mean his career here is over anyway, so your point makes no sense.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yes, he's come out and admitted he wasn't good enough, not once, but twice in the matter of a few weeks, has been questioned by other managers before, but he's doing this because Jose is lying and he's really an incredible professional. Give your head a wobble pal, It's obvious you don't like Jose, but Christ, that's daft.
That's what you got from his post?

Womp

idiot
That's what you got from his post?
What else is there to get, people have been harping on about this whole Shaw dilemma being some sort of conspiracy for weeks, despite the player himself admitting on two separate occasions he hasn't been. As I said, if he was being benched and not being played, despite being a good professional, it's obvious Jose doesn't rate him and he would have no future at this club anyway, so I don't see any reason for him to come out in two separate occasions and agree with the manager.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What else is there to get, people have been harping on about this whole Shaw dilemma being some sort of conspiracy for weeks, despite the player himself admitting on two separate occasions he hasn't been. As I said, if he was being benched and not being played, despite being a good professional, it's obvious Jose doesn't rate him and he would have no future at this club anyway, so I don't see any reason for him to come out in two separate occasions and agree with the manager.
Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking to Shaw open letter style or replying to Terminator?

Womp

idiot
Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking to Shaw open letter style or replying to Terminator?
I'm confused too pal, what are you talking about? :lol: He said Shaw's just saying what he has to say, the truth could be different, he's also been one of the posters in here during this saga screaming conspiracy. The thing is though, Shaw didn't have to say anything and when he did, he didn't have to agree with the manager, players have called their manager's out on their bullshit in the past. Furthermore, he wouldn't of came out for a second interview, further admitting he wasn't good enough. We have two confessions from the player himself, Jose's word, LVG's word, the English manager's word etc. and people on here are still trying to argue the case that this is all some ploy by Jose to spite him.

There was people in here claiming that Jose just doesn't like him because he rejected him when he was at Chelsea ffs. :lol:

Edit: That being said, I don't think this will change anything. Our players have been saying rubbish like this to the media ever since SAF left and they're still all underwhelming. Always a first for everything though, here's hoping

Last edited:

lostcauz

If only he had got his act together months ago and possibly secured the LB spot for himself, now he could perform well for the remaining fixtures but find himself back to square one at the beginning of next season when I'm sure a new LB will come in.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just googled Luke Shaw girlfriend.

If they are still together, i think Shaw is a lucky man
Oh wow.. haha bit on the thin side for me but shes def a stunner

Seveneric

If Jose was lying about something like this just so he had an excuse not to play him, that would mean his career here is over anyway, so your point makes no sense.
I don't think his post really required the vast leap you have made here.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Pretty much. I take it with a pinch of salt, but I'm glad he is making the noises Jose obviously wants to here, its good for him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Shaw has simply smarten up and saying things Mou want to hear and would give him chances to get picked.

Miki and Martial both had to suck up to Mou in public interviews before getting some sniff in the team. Shaw just following suit.

The truth is probably in the middle and nothing is really vindicating Mourinho methods which have wasted the larger parts of talented players seasons.

In truth Mou should have looked at having the likes of Shaw, Miki and Martial firing on all four since the start of the season, not what we've seen this season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Shaw has simply smarten up and saying things Mou want to hear and would give him chances to get picked.

Miki and Martial both had to suck up to Mou in public interviews before getting some sniff in the team. Shaw just following suit.

The truth is probably in the middle and nothing is really vindicating Mourinho methods which have wasted the larger parts of talented players seasons.

In truth Mou should have looked at having the likes of Shaw, Miki and Martial firing on all four since the start of the season, not what we've seen this season.
Based on what exactly? Where's the evidence of all this?

It's just as reasonable to assume Jose has inherited a team who have been allowed to get off lightly. It would go some way to explaining, despite the talent we have, why we have been shite for 3 years.

Players need to work for their places, not expect to start because of their price tag, thats not conducive of a good side.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's a manager job to get his players, especially his best ones playing as best as possible and as fast as possible. That's also a reason they're paid and given the job.

You don't see managers around alienating some of their most talented players because they felt theye haven't given everything. They work something to get them playing as well as they could and as soon as possible.

What we've witnessed with Mou is simply him alienating some of his most talented players for large part of the season with the excuse of him managing them which couldn't be further from the truth.

Getting your best players firing should be one of the top priorities as a manager and failing to deliver on that reflect poorly on said manager.

People going around vindicating this so called management from Mou regarding Shaw,Martial and Miki get me laughing. There is no bloody way this was handled properly, nor has it bore any fruit. We're sitting here in a season where we've missed 4 months of Miki crucial service, a player in Martial devoid of confidence and still a question mark about Shaw future.

This sort of management certainly shouldn't be lauded but be seen as what horrible management is it.

Womp

idiot
It's a manager job to get his players, especially his best ones playing as best as possible and as fast as possible. That's also a reason they're paid and given the job.

You don't see managers around alienating some of their most talented players because they felt theye haven't given everything. They work something to get them playing as well as they could and as soon as possible.

What we've witnessed with Mou is simply him alienating some of his most talented players for large part of the season with the excuse of him managing them which couldn't be further from the truth.

Getting your best players firing should be one of the top priorities as a manager and failing to deliver on that reflect poorly on said manager.

People going around vindicating this so called management from Mou regarding Shaw,Martial and Miki get me laughing. There is no bloody way this was handled properly, nor has it bore any fruit. We're sitting here in a season where we've missed 4 months of Miki crucial service, a player in Martial devoid of confidence and still a question mark about Shaw future.

This sort of management certainly shouldn't be lauded but be seen as what horrible management is it.
Pep with Aguero, Ancelotti with Costa, Klopp with Liverpool's best defender Sakho? Pep has alienated arguably the best player in the league of the past 5 years.

Managers come in with their own ideals, there is no chance you can implement a system that benefits every player in your squad, that's wishful thinking. Especially not in our case when we have changed 3 managers in 5 years. You implement a system that gets the best out of as many of your players as possible and the other players work to adapt or get moved on, that's how it's always been.

Last edited:

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

Agreed.

Dobbs

Pep with Aguero, Ancelotti with Costa, Klopp with Liverpool's best defender Sakho? Pep has alienated arguably the best player in the league of the past 5 years.

Managers come in with their own ideals, there is no chance you can implement a system that benefits every player in your squad, that's wishful thinking. Especially not in our case when we have changed 3 managers in 5 years. You implement a system that gets the best out of as many of your players as possible and the other players work to adapt or get moved on, that's how it's always been.
Do you think Pep has been right in his treatment of Aguero?

Dobbs

No, but if he doesn't fit into the system/work hard enough or his replacement does the business (which he was), then that's that.
You know I could understand that argument with Shaw to some extent but when it comes to a player of Aguero's proven calibre it just doesn't stack up. He's been doing the business for years and has just got 10 in 10. All talk of fitting into the system and working hard is silly really for a player at his level.

If Pep and Jose were getting great results I could join in with you and agree with everything they do. They're not though, both have underachieved this season.

Womp

idiot
You know I could understand that argument with Shaw to some extent but when it comes to a player of Aguero's proven calibre it just doesn't stack up. He's been doing the business for years and has just got 10 in 10. All talk of fitting into the system and working hard is silly really for a player at his level.

If Pep and Jose were getting great results I could join in with you and agree with everything they do. They're not though, both have underachieved this season.
Exactly, that's my point. Aguero on form is arguably the best player in the league, but if the player he's being replaced with fits the system better, then that's that. Aguero is also unreliable due to constant injuries etc, so maybe he doesn't trust him enough to build a team around his particular style of play, there's a lot of factors that come into play. I don't agree with everything they do, I think Jose made the wrong decision coming here and trying to change what's worked for him for so long, for example. I just don't agree that a manager has to take a liking to every player in his squad, or be able to find a way to fit them in, that's impossible. It's not like Jose expects too much anyway, he just wants players who show they're up for it (if reports are to be believed, of course)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

What utter rubbish. It's a perfectly reasonable football management tool and has been used by many managers across the generations.

You don't remember SAF making Beckham watch the game from the stands when he was miffed with all his celebrity nonsense???

All you're post shows is a clear agenda against Mourinho, for whatever your personal dislike is.

Dobbs

What utter rubbish. It's a perfectly reasonable football management tool and has been used by many managers across the generations.

You don't remember SAF making Beckham watch the game from the stands when he was miffed with all his celebrity nonsense???

All you're post shows is a clear agenda against Mourinho, for whatever your personal dislike is.
When did Fergie ever freeze players out like Mourinho has?

Beckham was in the stands for a game or two. Just not comparable.

If you're going to throw out the agenda crap at least get it right.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When did Fergie ever freeze players out like Mourinho has?

Beckham was in the stands for a game or two. Just not comparable.

If you're going to throw out the agenda crap at least get it right.
What is clear as day is Shaw had season long performance issues and Mourinho had no motivational tools left.

Dobbs

What is clear as day is Shaw had season long performance issues and Mourinho had no motivational tools left.
I'm still waiting to hear of when Fergie employed this management tool of freezing players out for months. Roll out the examples for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.