Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

Apart from the keeper is there another player less in need of a rest. Just let the lad have a full game of football.

IrishRedDevil

Precautionary because he has a yellow? Rested for Thursday?

Thought Shaw did alright today. Should have bagged an assist too.
Yes. It's his 3rd start in 6 months, so I'm sure the plan was to always give him 60mins.

He got an assist for the Mkhi goal.

Skills

Snitch
Apart from the keeper is there another player less in need of a rest. Just let the lad have a full game of football.
Can't be playing on the opposite side of the pitch too long. Just incase he loses us the match or something

Duafc

Village Lemon
Can't please the plebs of the Cafe.

He's just fouled on the edge of the box, whilst on a yellow and got a knock at in the process.

Obvious sub is obvious, yappers gonna yap.

Trizy

Did well, hopefully he recaptures his pre-injury form. He was our best player then.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Nice performance today. Hope it's the first of many to come for rest of the season.

Man-United

And still we will have Jose blame tiredness next time we play bad..

Edit: Could be a foot injury to Shaw though?

Dobbs

And still we will have Jose blame tiredness next time we play bad..

Edit: Could be a foot injury to Shaw though?
I think he was moving fine, Shaw seemed annoyed and Jose seemed to explain something when he came off.

Jose and his lack of trust I think.

NinjaFletch

I think he was moving fine, Shaw seemed annoyed and Jose seemed to explain something when he came off.

He's not played much football, was on a yellow card, and had just taken a knock.

It's hardly an unusual managerial tactic to ease a player in who hasn't played much recently.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

He started him and took him off when the game was won, lack of trust makes no sense

podurban2

He's not played much football, was on a yellow card, and had just taken a knock.

It's hardly an unusual managerial tactic to ease a player in who hasn't played much recently.
What more reasons do people want really..

Dobbs

He was moving fine and not having much football is the primary reason why he should have stated on. Shaw badly needs some full games under his belt. Two up against the worst team in the league who are down to 10....perfect time to do this.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Nothing to do with bashing Jose. All to do with wanting the best Luke Shaw possible.
Yet you can't concede that taking off a player who hasn't had minutes, is on a yellow, has just made a foul near the area and risked a second yellow, been trodden on and stayed down for a minute is just a totally obvious and reasonable sub?

Maybe also because you want him to start on Thursday or are easing him in after lack of minutes?

It's so uncontentious im amazed it's provoked any comment.

Are you Luke Shaw's brother?

Dobbs

Yet you can't concede that taking off a player who hasn't had minutes, is on a yellow, has just made a foul near the area and risked a second yellow, been trodden on and stayed down for a minute is just a totally obvious and reasonable sub?

Maybe also because you want him to start on Thursday or are easing him in after lack of minutes?

It's so uncontentious im amazed it's provoked any comment.

Are you Luke Shaw's brother?
Are you 14?

Akshay

Staff
He was moving fine and not having much football is the primary reason why he should have stated on. Shaw badly needs some full games under his belt. Two up against the worst team in the league who are down to 10....perfect time to do this.
You typically don't want to be giving full games to someone who hasn't got many minutes recently for fitness reasons. See the Mkhi sub at the hour mark after his first game back from injury against Rostov.

mu4c_20le

He's getting there. Should have been given minutes much earlier in the season though.

PoTMS

Great to see those surging runs from left back again but still needs to improve. Better than any of our other options at left back though.

the hea

Good game from Shaw, hopefully he can build on this performance and get back as our first choice left back. Nothing wrong with taking him off, he was on a yellow and picked up a knock and the game was basically already over.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My man of the match. Hope for an even better performance against Anderlecht.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's slowly regaining his attribites but it may take time till the psychic wound fully heal.

Glad Jose appreciated him today with a hug and more ecouragement for harder work.

3KDré

Was solid today, but I know we can see even more from him. We're all rooting for you Luke.

ravi2

Shaw had a very encouraging game today, if he keeps this up he could be the catalyst to us ending the season on a strong note. Really enjoyed seeing him attack on the left flank today.
Fellaini should have scored when Shaw set him up point blank.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Played really well, but we already knew he was really good, I just hope that he actually stays here and Mourinho doesn't feck him out of the club the next time he doesn't play well.

Zoo

If Fellaini had scored in the first half that would have been 2 top quality assists for Shaw. Very encouraging and good to see the pat on the back from Jose when he came off.

Fracture90

I saw very good performance from Shaw, good defensively and he was bombing upfront all the time.

He was making runs, stretching the defense like for that Zlatan's goal.

Womp

idiot
Looked good, I understand the sub though, was on a yellow and was starting to look visibly tired.

Dobbs

Witty retort.

I can only assume you can't actually reply to my objective critique of your clearly bias and silly opinions.

Take it easy fella.
Post like a child and that's what you get. I thought Shaw should have stayed on. Hardly an earth shattering opinion.

Your reply:

"Are you Luke Shaw's brother."

I've little patience for that kind of shite.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Post like a child and that's what you get. I thought Shaw should have stayed on. Hardly an earth shattering opinion.

Your reply:

"Are you Luke Shaw's brother."

I've little patience for that kind of shite.
Yeah, but about the other 90% of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.