g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He'd be well advised to shut up, even if he thinks he's being wronged.
Our players disgust me at times.

That last paragraph is more a long the lines of the crap we have had to withstand every time the players want to throw down their tools.

This press briefing by the players has to stop. Sir Alex never stood for such nonsense. They did the same with Moyes.Did the same with Van Gaal.They will do the same with whoever is next if we constantly allow this.

Skills

Snitch
Our players disgust me at times.

That last paragraph is more a long the lines of the crap we have had to withstand every time the players want to throw down their tools.

This press briefing by the players has to stop. Sir Alex never stood for such nonsense. They did the same with Moyes.Did the same with Van Gaal.They will do the same with whoever is next if we constantly allow this.
The manager should also stop talking shit. It would help if he actually builds a relationship with his players, and can inspire some kind of loyalty rather than throwing them under the bus.

rotherham_red

He'd be well advised to shut up, even if he thinks he's being wronged.
Have to laugh at that last paragraph. First LVG was too hands on and in their face, and now Jose is too distant... feck them all off, honestly.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
The manager should also stop talking shit. It would help if he actually builds a relationship with his players, and can inspire some kind of loyalty rather than throwing them under the bus.
Soooo his praise of Zlatan, Pogba, Rooney, Young, Carrick, Darmain , Rashford , Mata , Herrera , etc all goes unnoticed but, he has a pop at Smalling and Shaw and the knives come out?

Riiight

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The Times has the story too. Seems like 'Shaw's camp' has had a little bit of a conference, got all the lads round for a briefing.

Its like an episode of Dream Team. :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
There's always "baffled", "stunned", "shocked" "hurt" involved. They sure are a precious bunch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Briefed the media after one a little criticism? fecking hell Shaw, not exactly making you look "strong" is it? Just comes out looking childish and like he can't take some criticism.

Skills

Snitch
Briefed the media after one a little criticism? fecking hell Shaw, not exactly making you look "strong" is it? Just comes out looking childish and like he can't take some criticism.
His professionalism was questioned. I don't know about you, but it's a pretty big deal in most people.

KevinJoh

I would not say that it is his professionalism, more his passion and his willingness to give his all for the team and the shirt. And Mourinho did make a point about that. Those guys really need someone to kick them in the ass and ask them if they are willing to sacrifice and fight, or if they will look about their careers all the time, social profiles, average ratings, stats and similar nonsense. Even the later is professional choice, I have no problem with that, but I don't expect trophies with players like that. And I would say that Mourinho is aware of the problem and that he is trying to provoke them to fight or change a club. I am OK with that, although I am not sure that going to the press is the right choice. Also, we can't be sure if he did not try to speak in private about that, and if he sees this as last solution.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Shaw's advisers just picked the wrong case at the wrong time.

My suggestion to young Luke is to ask for a private meeting with the manager and make piece.

Witchking

Looks like he will be out of the door soon. Shame as he is a decent player but looks like he is a dufus with stupid advisors. Completely support Jose on this one. If you feel Jose is wrong, then sort it out behind doors.

bosnian_red

His professionalism was questioned. I don't know about you, but it's a pretty big deal in most people.
Again though. Don't make a big deal about it and just get on with your job, don't go running to the media the next day. You can say Mourinho maybe should keep it in house, but some players need calling out and this squad especially needs it. If he feels hurt by it, then prove the manager wrong by getting on with your stuff and training better. Plus it wasn't his professionalism so much as it was just him maybe needing to stop being a pussy about certain things and grow some balls. Because those 2 things certainly apply to Shaw. Of course it sucks he broke his leg, it's a huge injury and takes some time to get back from it. But the biggest thing to get back is that getting that courage and being brave to not pull out of tackles, and just fighting through the pain some times. His bone healed, I'm sure it will feel sore at times but many players just play through that bit of pain. When you get big injuries like that, or knee ligament tears, you'll always feel some soreness occasionally. He just has to get over it.

Skills

Snitch
Shaw's advisers just picked the wrong case at the wrong time.

My suggestion to young Luke is to ask for a private meeting with the manager and make piece.
I'd personally tell Mourinho to feck off and want an apology. But that's just me, maybe Shaw will be a bit more courteous.

AndyJ1985

We have some right wet flannels at this club. Sick of all this whinging to the media. Feck off to another club.

Skills

Snitch
Again though. Don't make a big deal about it and just get on with your job, don't go running to the media the next day. You can say Mourinho maybe should keep it in house, but some players need calling out and this squad especially needs it. If he feels hurt by it, then prove the manager wrong by getting on with your stuff and training better. Plus it wasn't his professionalism so much as it was just him maybe needing to stop being a pussy about certain things and grow some balls. Because those 2 things certainly apply to Shaw. Of course it sucks he broke his leg, it's a huge injury and takes some time to get back from it. But the biggest thing to get back is that getting that courage and being brave to not pull out of tackles, and just fighting through the pain some times. His bone healed, I'm sure it will feel sore at times but many players just play through that bit of pain. When you get big injuries like that, or knee ligament tears, you'll always feel some soreness occasionally. He just has to get over it.
Why not? Mourinho's the one who made a big deal out of it. Now that's out, and Shaw's been getting dogs abuse everywhere on social media he has every right to say his side of the story.

Well Shaw quite obviously feels he's not being, and I'm guessing as the one who had the broken leg I think he's in a better position to judge. The fact that he's also not going to the internationals, and the England manager is also backing his end of the story kinda backs it up. Yeah and Shaw has played through the pain this season, he said he was having issues in the Watford game. Didn't stop him from completing 90 minutes, the fact that he's now pulled out of 2 weeks worth of football it's fair to assume it's significantly worse.

Terminator

Why is he picking on Shaw? I just can't understand. He already openly criticized Shaw after the Watford game.

R'hllor

There is no middle ground here it seems,one half is on side of classless cnut and other is in full swing at Shaw.

bosnian_red

Why not? Mourinho's the one who made a big deal out of it. Now that's out, and Shaw's been getting dogs abuse everywhere on social media he has every right to say his side of the story.

Well Shaw quite obviously feels he's not being, and I'm guessing as the one who had the broken leg I think he's in a better position to judge. The fact that he's also not going to the internationals, and the England manager is also backing his end of the story kinda backs it up. Yeah and Shaw has played through the pain this season, he said he was having issues in the Watford game. Didn't stop him from completing 90 minutes, the fact that he's now pulled out of 2 weeks worth of football it's fair to assume it's significantly worse.
Why? Because Mourinho is the manager and Shaw is the player, simple as. The manager should have complete control, and is in charge, and is right to criticize players when they aren't performing or aren't right mentally. Just the fact that you actually have to question why Mourinho can say a general statement about the attitude of some players but the players can't say it back says it all and is part of the reason the club is where it's at. Too many players who think they are bigger then the manager and can openly question him or complain when things aren't exactly what they want. That just can't happen, no matter what is said about a player. It just makes the player seem like a child.

Anyway, Shaw is a player who in his first season had huge struggles fitness wise with both Van Gaal and Hodgson calling him out on his fitness issues. He got constant little injuries throughout the season and I doubt he played 5 games in a row. After getting called out and Van Gaal working on him, he improved for the next season, then of course got unlucky with the leg break, but now after recovering from his injury is having clear fitness issues again. Both mentally getting that braveness back, but also him looking like he could lose a few kg. So it's not a new or one time thing. It's happened with Shaw ever since he joined us.

bosnian_red

Why is he picking on Shaw? I just can't understand. He already openly criticized Shaw after the Watford game.
Probably because he feels that Shaw could be a great player if he got his head straight and is challenging him to do it. Ferige did the same with players some times. Shaw's issues right now are purely mental if it's true that it was his old broken leg bothering him. Why? Because when you break your leg, the healing process is relatively straightforward, and once it's healed, it's healed. You just need to get that leg strong again, which I'm sure he has. The biggest problem is getting your head right, and basically doing everything as if the injury never happened. The same applies to ACL tears in terms of the mental issues, but ligament tears are more complicated to come back from physically. Of course his leg will be sore from time to time. He broke his leg, it'll happen. He can't pull out of games because of that though, or take days off. You just fight through the pain and eventually, it won't bother you.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I'd personally tell Mourinho to feck off and want an apology. But that's just me, maybe Shaw will be a bit more courteous.
Honestly I don't think you will tell the manager to "feck off", only teenagers or stupid people do this.

Luke Shaw have ten plus more years as a pro, if he's kicked out of United it's probably downhill for his career. It's his choice but I
would recommend him to back down when he has a chance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just when he thought last year would be his worst feeling in football, he's had a real bitty stop start season, manager making loads of personal comments and his brother "allegedly" making stupid comments too.
Can only get better!

Skills

Snitch
Honestly I don't think you will tell the manager to "feck off", only teenagers or stupid people do this.

Luke Shaw have ten plus more years as a pro, if he's kicked out of United it's probably downhill for his career. It's his choice but I
would recommend him to back down when he has a chance.
He won't be the one short of offers at the age of 21. Its Mourinho's who's desperately trying to rescue his career, and it is pretty much his last chance at the top level.

Ban

He won't be the one short of offers at the age of 21. Its Mourinho's who's desperately trying to rescue his career, and it is pretty much his last chance at the top level.
Guy is 53, I think he will still work after United.

IhabX7

His last chance? He won the Premier League a year ago stop exaggerating.

Tony V's left peg

Can I just point out that this is a Jamie Jackson article everyone seems to be taking seriously, you know the famous Manchester United author of fiction and bullcrap

3KDré

Did not read the article. Any specific quotes from Shaw or any insider?
Absolutely nothing.

I was just going to say, how do we know this article speaks the truth? When LVG called Shaw fat or whatever, there was nothing then from the media or 'Shaw's camp'. What makes people think this is real?

NinjaFletch

If Shaw, or Shaw's camp, has been talking to the press then he might as well just pack up his bags and get ready to leave. Lets hope he's smart enough that its just media bullcrap and that Shaw's got his head down and is getting on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.