Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The joy I get from reading this threads like this https://www.redcafe.net/threads/fro...-contract-unlikely-to-sign-danny-rose.431689/ is difficult to describe.

As much as Kevin Keegan would love to beat us back in 1996 I LOVE to see that Luke Shaw is proving 99% of all Caftards wrong. And I was right. Thank you, Luke. Keep it up.
Attention seeking much ? You need some new perspective if being proven right could give you that much happiness. And 99% of the caf really ?

ti vu

The main impression I've got from watching Shaw this season is how much better he is on the ball than I was previously giving him credit for. Some lovely touches in the opposition third, including a flicked nutmeg pass that Ronaldinho would have been proud of. After that, my next impression is less positive. He's still not fit enough. I kept asking myself "where the feck is Shaw" and then he'd trot into view about a second after everyone else like that baby rhino in Jumanji. This happened at both ends of the pitch so wasn't about being too attacking or too defensive, just not working hard enough to get up and down the touchline. Tbf it was less noticeable last night than in previous games so he must be building up some sort of fitness. If he can somehow get an engine as good as Valencia he'll be a hell of a player but that's still a big if for me, right now.
As for fitness, you need to take game schedule into consideration. He has been playing plenty now after being sidelined for long time. Playing with little rest would hinder anyone. I remembered last season New Year period, Valencia who you mentioned was knackered toward the end of the game vs West Ham. Our defense was sloppy with all sort of bad offline timing and tracking runners. That game we played with a man up advantage for long period. Thing only settled after Zlatan scored.

Over all, Shaw hasn been solid coming back to start games. While still inconsistency still here and there, he look motivated for me. Last season after being out of the team, he looked nervous when he was given chance. Now he looks determined even if thing doesn't go his way.

IrishRedDevil

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe has recalled his first step up to senior training

"I remember vividly that Luke Shaw was absolutely rapid. It shocked me that I couldn't get near him. He was an absolute bullet, just amazing. From that moment, I had him as a benchmark for myself, in terms of how sharp he is."

Really hope Shaw has a good 5/6 months ahead of him now and locks down the LB position.

It's B Rubble

Bombing down that left! A viable attacking option, whipping in crosses, disguised passes. Not a bad half, LFS.

diplomat

Another good game and it seems like he is finally fully fit. Extremely happy for Shaw and it will allow the club to spend our transfer budget on more pressing positions.

cyberman

Can we get Beckham in to coach Shaw and Mkhi some crossing technique?

Devil may care

Uses the ball well tonight, doesn't just run into dead ends, he even had a couple of dark arts moments that I'm sure Jose will have enjoyed. :angel:

Spirit of Solskjaer

Thought that he was better defensively than offensively today, for a change. Very pleased with him overall. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Shaw been good. Keep it up lad. I haven't got a clue what's come over him. All of a sudden, the lad has started to find his feet big time.
Very happy... and hope he keeps it up!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not a chance. He's playing in a team that is blowing everyone anyway and he has to do very little defending. When he has to defend he gets beaten easily.

Shaw, easily.
The team is mostly picked by the media. It would be the one that's had the best season and is deemed to "deserve it" the most. Rest rarely matters until it's too late.

ash_86

Refreshing to have someone constantly run ahead of our wide men.

mav_9me

Was fairly attacking in the 1st half but didn't get much forward in the 2nd half surprisingly.

Did well though defensively. While I would love some good crossing from my fullback, I'm more interested in their passing and overlapping and involvement in the attack.

Bobski

Shaw been good. Keep it up lad. I haven't got a clue what's come over him. All of a sudden, the lad has started to find his feet big time.
Very happy... and hope he keeps it up!
Playing games?

There is a reason why Utd spent so much on him, he was an exceptional talent. He adds so much to the team going forward even with an erratic final ball, just needed game time. he is still potentially a world class full back, the board would be right to ask Mou to use him instead of throwing money at Rose.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah he has actually barely had a bad game for us. Not more than one or two anyway.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The revival continues. :)

freeurmind

weak willed
Terrified this uptick in form will only last till he gets his new deal but he has been very good the last few games.

Trizy

Brilliant again. Low crossing is quite good but he's poor at trying to whip the ball.

He's a brilliant first touch.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Tonight, all our best attacking moves came from the left and involved Shaw. He’s getting better by the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.