Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AP88

Supports
Man City
His first touch passing and control puts Matic to shame. Good enough to play in midfield.
I genuinely think he’d be a fantastic centreback next to Smalling - like Blind with pace and strength.

Devil may care

His performance will go under the radar I think, he kept Willian completely quiet and used the ball well from deep even if he didn't get up the pitch as much.

Skills

Snitch
I genuinely think he’d be a fantastic centreback next to Smalling - like Blind with pace and strength.
Yeah I think can see him ending up there eventually. He's got the size for it and he's a good defender.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah he was good again today, seems to be finding some consistency in that role. He's missed a lot of game time over the last few years so I'm not expecting him to be perfect, there's still a few things he can improve on. He's already getting better in attack, his defensive work is generally very good with a few lapses here and there but with more experience he'll iron out a lot of his shortcomings. I'd lost hope in him but I think he can go on to be a really good full back for us.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
His reading of the game is nowhere close to Blind.

His biggest weakness is runs in behind and movement. While his greatest strength is 1v1s. Opposite of what you want for a CB

marktan

Technically on the ball I'd only have him second to Pogba. You can see the Chelsea players were reluctant to close him down as he's very comfortable with it at his feet.

The White Pele

Watching it again and maybe I’m being harsh but it seemed a bit of a cheap corner he gave away for their first goal

Chillosophy

Technically on the ball I'd only have him second to Pogba. You can see the Chelsea players were reluctant to close him down as he's very comfortable with it at his feet.
You think Shaw is better technically than Martial?:nervous:

Stadjer

Watching it again and maybe I’m being harsh but it seemed a bit of a cheap corner he gave away for their first goal
I thought the same during the match but he might have been coached by DDG... he didnt have to give away the corner but Pogba and Lindelof should have done better defending that corner too.

MAME DIOUF 32

I think he's got a bit of an issue with taking a while to wake up in games. He often seems to get skinned early on, then get into the game. Should be easy to solve.

Anyway, another good game today. One of the few players in our team I could see winning trophies.

It's always better safe than sorry if you're not sure or you're being told you have a man on you. He couldnt know we'd make such a mess of the subsequent corner.

marktan

You think Shaw is better technically than Martial?:nervous:
I guess I should define what I mean by 'technically' - I mean first touch, playing a one touch pass, general passing, keeping the ball under pressure. His one weakness at the moment is that he doesn't dribble as much as he used to pre leg-break.

People don't half go overboard when a player starts playing well.
There's praise and there's this. I mean we have the likes of Mata and Martial in our team.
Martial has a good shot, and manages a good dribble probably 1 out of 4 times. His passing's not great either. But if you compare his dribbling to Shaw, then obviously he's better, but I was more talking about Shaw being good technically for his position. It's like a more budget comparison of Ronaldo and Marcelo - both very good in their positions but position wise not a direct comparison.

Mata played well today, but he's had many games where he's easily bundled off the ball. His long passing though is a lot better than Shaw's. I rate Shaw higher than Mata overall.

Also it's not going overboard based on this season, I've been a big proponent of Shaw's ever since he returned from injury. He's young and I think he has a level to go up yet. It's no surprise for me that he's playing well, because he played very well in that Dec-Jan period last season before he was randomly benched by Mourinho.

Terminator

Many tend to overlook how good he is technically. His first touch, short passing and awareness under pressure is second to none in this squad.

Toddler

He has been immense. Very calm and composed yesterday. Glad to see him doing good, I may have lost hope already for him but i'm really freaking happy to be proven wrong. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Best performance from him this season

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So the likes of Martial, Mata don't exist at all.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I guess I should define what I mean by 'technically' - I mean first touch, playing a one touch pass, general passing, keeping the ball under pressure. His one weakness at the moment is that he doesn't dribble as much as he used to pre leg-break.

Martial has a good shot, and manages a good dribble probably 1 out of 4 times. His passing's not great either. But if you compare his dribbling to Shaw, then obviously he's better, but I was more talking about Shaw being good technically for his position. It's like a more budget comparison of Ronaldo and Marcelo - both very good in their positions but position wise not a direct comparison.

Mata played well today, but he's had many games where he's easily bundled off the ball. His long passing though is a lot better than Shaw's. I rate Shaw higher than Mata overall.

Also it's not going overboard based on this season, I've been a big proponent of Shaw's ever since he returned from injury. He's young and I think he has a level to go up yet. It's no surprise for me that he's playing well, because he played very well in that Dec-Jan period last season before he was randomly benched by Mourinho.
Shaw has been good this season but those aren't the reasons why he's being praised this season.

In term of passing, close control and the rest of the stuff you mentioned Shaw isn't better than either Martial nor Mata, I mean come on now, what are you even on about?

Martial, Mata, Pogba are our most technical players and Shaw isn't better in that category than any of them.

Sylar

He wasnt fooled by Willian and continued his impressive performances. Really hope he can go injury free for the rest of the season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In term of passing, close control and the rest of the stuff you mentioned Shaw isn't better than either Martial nor Mata, I mean come on now, what are you even on about?
He's certainly up there with those two, although which order they are in is hard to say. He's becoming a huge help when we are trying to play it out from the back because of how comfortable he is with the ball and how well he passes to others.

Man Utd 0:1 Juventus

Sauldogba

You could really see the difference in quality between him and sandro tonight.

I know it must be hard to link up with the wingers we have given how inconsistent they are but he does them no favours.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Worst player on the pitch for me tonight. I know most people will applaud Lindelof and rightly so, but Luke was all over the place. He was caught in the middle so many times. When he should have been aggressive he wasn't and he didn't fully drop off when he should have. Like constantly. It was a mess, and Lindelof thankfully had his big boy pants on tonight.

kundalini

Poor performance. Noticeable that his side of the pitch got destroyed in the first half. No understanding between the players. Far too easy for Juventus to pass and move through that zone.

Did attempt to overlap a few times but Martial couldn't find him with the pass.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Don't blame him tonight, was on his own on the left handside, Cancelao had a free pass because Martial didn't bother tracking back.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Don't blame him tonight, was on his own on the left handside, Cancelao had a free pass because Martial didn't bother tracking back.
He was exposed alright, but he was terrible both halfs. Looked like a reserves player if I'm honest, hugely disappointing and a bit confusing that performance. Thought he had turned it around, but the thing is it wasn't just that he had a few bad involvements that cost us, he looked clueless tactically and didn't seem to know his tasks. The sort of performance that make me understand why he hasn't been playing much before this season.

I'm hoping that i'm overstating it and that it was just a quick drop on an upwards trajectory.

SirAF

Ageist
He was exposed alright, but he was terrible both halfs. Looked like a reserves player if I'm honest, hugely disappointing and a bit confusing that performance. Thought he had turned it around, but the thing is it wasn't just that he had a few bad involvements that cost us, he looked clueless tactically and didn't seem to know his tasks. The sort of performance that make me understand why he hasn't been playing much before this season.

I'm hoping that i'm overstating it and that it was just a quick drop on an upwards trajectory.
He wasn’t good, but he was up against very good players so I don’t want to go all doom and gloom on him just yet.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Made Dybala uncomfortable. Otherwise had no clue how to position himself seeing as Juves front 3 were playing all over the field. Also had inconsistent support from martial covering concelo. Wasn’t horrible in attack. Still had very admirable first touches and ball control.

Frank Grimes

Still don't get the fuss over this guy. He always takes the easy option in attack (the very rare times we do attack) and his positioning was all over the shop tonight. Allegri must have been licking his lips at the prospect of Martial and Shaw starting on the same flank, it's obvious he identified this flank as a weakness they could exploit.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I think he’s fully grown now, and filled out too much at the expense of a lot of agility. He’s still fast once he gets into his stride, but his change of direction isn’t what it once was, and while it can be adequate against most opposition in the mediocre modern-day Premier League, it gets exposed at this level.

Still a fantastic footballer though with many attributes that belong at the very top level - but at centreback or even occasionally as a holding midfielder; he reminds me a lot of Gareth Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.