Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

For 3 years?
Yes, the dreadful leg break wiped out practically 2 years for him physically and mentally, then he spent a lot of time getting constantly crapped on by Mourinho, it's been a long road back for him, suddenly this year he can do no wrong under Mourinho, it's hugs and pats on the back and praise for his performances and even what he says.

Red_toad

Yes, the dreadful leg break wiped out practically 2 years for him physically and mentally, then he spent a lot of time getting constantly crapped on by Mourinho, it's been a long road back for him, suddenly this year he can do no wrong under Mourinho, it's hugs and pats on the back and praise for his performances and even what he says.
If that were true, he'd have left in the summer. Yet again you're trying to pass you opinion off as fact.

sam147

His technical ability is questioned a lot, especially crosses and taking players on. Its pretty nonsensical. How many LBs take players on especially when they have 2 or 3 guys to beat. Hardly any. Our system is so shocking by the time we get the ball wide the opposing team already has cover. There was a time against Juventus where Shaw literally had to point to Martial to move infront of him rather than standing still next to him. This is what happens when a coach relies solely on players individual ability. Shaw hardly gets support on the left flank, martial/sanchez hardly cover and Matic is always ball watching. Not to mention we show zero interplay to get the ball in behind for our LB and RB to run onto.

Red_toad

It is a fact. It just so happens that Shaw took the positives from it.
Nah had he been ‘crapped on’ for 2 full years he’d have gone. He was occasionally slated by Jose, not constantly crapped on. Plus he also appears to respect and have a decent relationship with Jose. So I can’t see anyone who’d been ‘crapped on’ for 2 full years being able to tolerate the sight of the person who’d been doing that to them. So for me it’s not a fact it’s pure speculation that’s being widely exaggerated.

Raven

Nah had he been ‘crapped on’ for 2 full years he’d have gone. He was occasionally slated by Jose, not constantly crapped on. Plus he also appears to respect and have a decent relationship with Jose. So I can’t see anyone who’d been ‘crapped on’ for 2 full years being able to tolerate the sight of the person who’d been doing that to them. So for me it’s not a fact it’s pure speculation that’s being widely exaggerated.
I have agreed with you. They do have a good relationship, because Shaw responded well to that treatment. Have you never had anyone be hard on you because they feel like there's more to come from you? Maybe in work, school or even sports? I generally dislike that person until I see the bigger picture, which I feel Shaw has.

Devil may care

If that were true, he'd have left in the summer. Yet again you're trying to pass you opinion off as fact.
No, I'm stating what happened, Jose talked shit about him time and again, how he's responded to that has been positive, it doesn't change that it happened.

Stacks

He just needed a kick up the backside

Ekeke

He just needed a kick up the backside
Nah, he needed a chance and he got it because we didnt get the LB we were after and Valencia couldnt start the season so Young played right back. We didnt have other options because Jose soured on Blind at left back and sold him in the summer. So he had to play and he did well.

Thing is I fully expect to see Jose go and buy a new leftback if he stays and is given enough money to get the CB he wants. He's not Jose's player so despite doing well, I dont think it'll change Mourinho's plans. Just like Ander was replaced with Matic despite being our player of the season because he wasn't Mourinho's signing/player.

Stacks

Nah, he needed a chance and he got it because we didnt get the LB we were after and Valencia couldnt start the season so Young played right back. We didnt have other options because Jose soured on Blind at left back and sold him in the summer. So he had to play and he did well.

Thing is I fully expect to see Jose go and buy a new leftback if he stays and is given enough money to get the CB he wants. He's not Jose's player so despite doing well, I dont think it'll change Mourinho's plans. Just like Ander was replaced with Matic despite being our player of the season because he wasn't Mourinho's signing/player.
very possible. Also the club doesn't want to give up on their expensive teenagers and be left with Matic, Sanchez, Willian and other 30 somethings

Red_toad

No, I'm stating what happened, Jose talked shit about him time and again, how he's responded to that has been positive, it doesn't change that it happened.
I’m not denying nor stating that Jose hasn’t made comments about his professionalism. I’m saying he simply had not ‘crapped on him’ for 2 years. As there is simply no evidence to show that. He was never dropped to the under 23’s like Bastian. So provide evidence of him crapping on him for 2 years if you wish to continue stating it. He speaks well about Jose and has chosen to remain at the club, that for me points to they have a good working relationship.

Ekeke

I’m not denying nor stating that Jose hasn’t made comments about his professionalism. I’m saying he simply had not ‘crapped on him’ for 2 years. As there is simply no evidence to show that. He was never dropped to the under 23’s like Bastian. So provide evidence of him crapping on him for 2 years if you wish to continue stating it. He speaks well about Jose and has chosen to remain at the club, that for me points to they have a good working relationship.
Sounds like a very normal working relationship, which is something Shaw would need to have with the manager if he wants to stay at the club.

Anything less and he wouldnt get games and would be moved on.

What I mean to say is, even if Shaw didnt appreciate the comments made about him he wouldnt be able to say or do anything about it. He'd have to keep it to himself and work hard regardless if he wants to play for United. So the idea that we would see something from the outside seems silly. Shaw is not in a situation where he can complain and still play regular football for United. The only way that changes is if we change manager and then at that point he might be able to say something without it affecting whether or not he'll play for the club.

Devil may care

Crapped on as in almost every time he spoke about him it was in the negative, until recently, before that it was always snide, like the the stuff about Shaw was only any good in a certain half because Mourinho's brain was telling him what to do. Then when he did praise him after Youg missed games with an unprofessional piece of stupidity that got him a red card and Shaw had to step up, he proceeded to put Young straight back in and Shaw barley got another start, the pattern of snide and harsh treatment of Shaw has been there since his feck up against Watford early on in Mourinho's reign, I don't see how that isn't a fact. Shaw has spoken well of Mourinho and is staying, that could speak to a good relationship or it could speak to Shaw earning a new deal he wants as he wants stay at United long after this manager is gone, which shouldn't be too much longer now. Hazard is also always complimentary of Mourinho but it wasn't hard to see how he fell off a cliff under Mourinho's mental pressure and defensive demands, and has picked up signifigantly after he was gone, not all players look for confrontation the way Pogba did when dealing with an overbearing, scapegoating bully.

Red_toad

Sounds like a very normal working relationship, which is something Shaw would need to have with the manager if he wants to stay at the club.

Anything less and he wouldnt get games and would be moved on.

What I mean to say is, even if Shaw didnt appreciate the comments made about him he wouldnt be able to say or do anything about it. He'd have to keep it to himself and work hard regardless if he wants to play for United. So the idea that we would see something from the outside seems silly. Shaw is not in a situation where he can complain and still play regular football for United. The only way that changes is if we change manager and then at that point he might be able to say something without it affecting whether or not he'll play for the club.
But like I said Bastian was ‘crapped on’ demoted from squad, not just to the bench.
Shaw has been called out a few times by Jose, but hardly constantly crapped on for 2 years. He’s had ongoing fitness issues and motivational issues (as could be seen by his waist line). Every manager he’s had has expressed such an opinion. But to say he’s been ‘crapped on’ is just wrong, as there’s no evidence. Pretty certain he’d have been able to leave in the summer and if Jose had acted out of order, then Shaw would have went.

Ekeke

But like I said Bastian was ‘crapped on’ demoted from squad, not just to the bench.
Shaw has been called out a few times by Jose, but hardly constantly crapped on for 2 years. He’s had ongoing fitness issues and motivational issues (as could be seen by his waist line). Every manager he’s had has expressed such an opinion. But to say he’s been ‘crapped on’ is just wrong, as there’s no evidence. Pretty certain he’d have been able to leave in the summer and if Jose had acted out of order, then Shaw would have went.
His waist line is completely irrelevant to how he plays. Its still bigger than plenty of people in the squad and yet he's working harder and playing better than they are.

And no, you clearly dont understand the position Luke Shaw is in. If he left in the summer he would have left the club as a failure regardless of who had fault in that and it wouldnt have been to a better team, or for more money or anything else that a footballer cares about. It would only have been worse for him than coming back and playing well regardless of whether he particularly likes the manager or not.

Now he's playing regularly and back involved with England, which I'm sure he's ecstatic about and is everything he would have been dreaming of last summer. Maybe he doesnt get to speak openly about what he thinks but thats the professional part of being a footballer.

Red_toad

His waist line is completely irrelevant to how he plays. Its still bigger than plenty of people in the squad and yet he's working harder and playing better than they are.

And no, you clearly dont understand the position Luke Shaw is in. If he left in the summer he would have left the club as a failure regardless of who had fault in that and it wouldnt have been to a better team, or for more money or anything else that a footballer cares about. It would only have been worse for him than coming back and playing well regardless of whether he particularly likes the manager or not.

Now he's playing regularly and back involved with England, which I'm sure he's ecstatic about and is everything he would have been dreaming of last summer. Maybe he doesnt get to speak openly about what he thinks but thats the professional part of being a footballer.
I’m not claiming to understand nor know what has troubled him whilst he’s been at United. Simply pointing out when a generally negative poster states their opinion as a fact, they need to provide some evidence. Say he’s had a few run ins with the boss fair dos. Say he’s been constantly crapped on for 2 years, I’ll say show me how? Jose has been over the top with some of his comments, but seriously that’s not consistently crapping on him!

Ekeke

I’m not claiming to understand nor know what has troubled him whilst he’s been at United. Simply pointing out when a generally negative poster states their opinion as a fact, they need to provide some evidence. Say he’s had a few run ins with the boss fair dos. Say he’s been constantly crapped on for 2 years, I’ll say show me how? Jose has been over the top with some of his comments, but seriously that’s not consistently crapping on him!
I agree that its not a full 2 years of constantly making comments, but neither is it as simple as you made out that he would have left in the summer if he was unhappy at the comments directed at him in the past. All of the things hes doing and saying are the right things to stay in the team and continue his upturn in fortune for club and country, only when speaking openly and honestly wont have any impact on those things are we likely to hear anything but positive comments. And maybe even in those circumstances we'll only hear positive comments. But maybe we'll hear some negative ones instead. Who knows, its all guess work.

Devil may care

Poor defensively and offered very little going forward today, his poorest game of the season for me.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't think his start to the season has been that good. It's a low bar he's being measured against if so. His defending has been average in particular. Attacking was never his strong point.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think his start to the season has been that good. It's a low bar he's being measured against if so. His defending has been average in particular. Attacking was never his strong point.
Tend to agree, but he was very good vs Chelsea thought maybe he was kicking on. I don't particularly rate Shaw to be perfectly honest.

Gordon S

His form has dropped last 2-3 games, really hope that is just a minor drop. We need him in top form!

haram

Someone needs to help me embed this but :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Needs to keep doing what he did before the contract stuff. Hasn't been as good after that sadly.

JK-27

I agree with most, not a good game from Shaw today, didn't seem to track back as much as he did before, and kept losing his player. Luckily Martial put in a good defensive shift today as well as his attacking performance so helped him out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.