Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

That was great for the second goal. Surprised someone was in the match thread saying that was nothing.
Composure on the edge of his own box and then an outside of the toe poke to put his striker away. Scholes would have been happy with that

0le

He was good defensively bar one mistake I remember, which he recovered for. Some of his crossing was poor. But overall a good performance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He is quite incredible at defending. Kept Aubameyang in his pocket in the first half.
Well, apart from the goal.

He was great in the second half, absolutely everywhere. Played like his life depended on it, more of that please. That was easily his best defensive performance in a United shirt.

Devil may care

Strong defensive performance and a lovely drive and pass to open Arsenal up for our second goal and I thought his delivery for Rashford near the end was good as well, showed plenty of fight as well after taking a couple of hits.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
That was as good an all round display as I've seen from him this season, just keep that consistency and we will be fine, let Dalot have the odd game here and there, and with Laird looking good in the academy, and we could be OK for left full back for years.

yfoFC

The only area of his game that can be questioned is his attacking side, criticizing his defensive play is you seeing what you want to see..
Like I said, a beast defensively but should work on his attacking output as that's the only thing stopping him from being one of the best LBs in the world.

Based Adnan

Done great for the goal. Defensively solid as well. Bit worrying how much pace he's lost though. That bit where he challenged Auba and the ball ricocheted back and he had to recover he looked slow as feck trying to get back

Nick7

Done great for the goal. Defensively solid as well. Bit worrying how much pace he's lost though. That bit where he challenged Auba and the ball ricocheted back and he had to recover he looked slow as feck trying to get back
Huh? He got back to stop the cross after Aubameyang had a 5 yard head start.

Rossa

He wasn't close to sprinting. From the cameras,, his expression indicated he got a knock. He outpaced Joshua King recently, who is rapid. Poor acceleration though.

Thought he was very good today. More of this. A 33 year old Young has more energy and stamina though!

Zoo

He was winded.

Reiver

Looked his old self marauding forward on a few occasions. If he brings that back to his game on a consistent basis then the trade off for any defensive deficiencies will be more than worth it IMO.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Had a good game. He usually does great when the tempo is low.

Sylar

Are there many times he's beaten for pace out wide or done by a 1-2? His defensive work is good

He needs to add more to the attacking element imo but what he did today for our second goal was great. Need more driving runs from him if allowed

Bwuk

The run for the goal was what impressed me the most. Showed a lot of passion today. Well done Luke.

deafepl

I swear if Jose is still here with us, Shaw would never make that run and just lump off to Lukaku.

meamth

There was a time when he was defending the left flank alone. Made a sliding challenge, ball went to an Arsenal player, raised his arms asking where is the support and then sprint to that said player and made another defensive run. That was immense from him.

He was solid as feck.

ElectroManiac

That second goal was thanks to that great run and pass that torn Arsenal defense apart. Lovely to see. I'm glad we didn't sold him on the summer and we renew his contract.

Coming from a horrible injury that he had is not an easy task. Glad he is doing great now.

Ekeke

The 2nd goal was a good example. Its not that Shaw doesnt have attacking qualities, we just dont always use them well. He played some nice passes in behind the defense to release our attackers against Spurs and he played a nice ball in behind the defense for Lukaku to set up the 2nd goal. You can attack with a good pass too it doesnt always have to be an overlap and cross.

In fact it might even be harder to defend a good pass in behind the defense from a fullback rather than a central player. The angle is better when it isnt just straight and depending on the team you will probably be under less pressure from their right winger who isnt going to be as good closing down as a CM as it will usually be an attacker.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
As always a brick wall when defending. Never doubted him for a second up against Aubameyang. Thought he was comfortable against him in the end.

Would love to see more bursts forward like today's 2nd goal.

Top class. Over the moon for him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Also, don't know what games people are watching where they think Shaw has lost pace? :lol:

He regularly makes light work of so called speedsters. He's rapid as hell!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I feel like shaw needs to make better runs or don't make them at all sometimes. He's just bombing into the box at times when there is no point. If he can work on that hell be absolutely fantastic.

Ekeke

I feel like shaw needs to make better runs or don't make them at all sometimes. He's just bombing into the box at times when there is no point. If he can work on that hell be absolutely fantastic.
The problem is Martial likes to start by receiving the ball wide. So inside runs are easier to make. Martial rarely plays a pass in behind for Shaw regardless of where he makes a run. He likes to play the ball centrally to a midfielder or attacker

championo

Top Stalker

That was great for the second goal. Surprised someone was in the match thread saying that was nothing.
I know Lingard is a me guy, but it was overly telling that he did not go to Lukaku to celebrate after he served that goal on a platter for him, instead left Lukaku hanging while he expected a hug to go do stupid dance.

Irwin99

Deserves massive credit for our second goal. I thought he did really well today. Sometimes it's hard to assess him and Young as our tactics invite pressure on the flanks and it's obviously a hard task.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I know Lingard is a me guy, but it was overly telling that he did not go to Lukaku to celebrate after he served that goal on a platter for him, instead left Lukaku hanging while he expected a hug to go do stupid dance.
Meh, it's Lingard. He likes to do silly dances. I wouldn't read into it.

meamth

Meh, it's Lingard. He likes to do silly dances. I wouldn't read into it.
I'm more concerned to see Lukaku asking his teammates to swarm him instead of Lingard. Yeah it was a decent run and a decent assist, but if you want to hug someone, it's Shaw.

Skills

Snitch
Lovely bit of composure to not just kick the ball out for the second goal. He made that goal

Andersons Dietician

He was jogging as he was winded after taking a knock, you see him turn to Lindelof and say something then he hunches over in pain trying to get the wind back in him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I was surprised when I saw criticism of him in the match thread. I thought that he was great — MotM contender. A shame that he failed to stop Auba from scoring, it would've been close to perfect performance from him if he wouldn't. The run and pass for the goal were quite special too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Usually i have clear view on every our player but with him i just can't decide. Looks excellent sometimes and then looks average. That jogging back when Auba had ball was bad as it gets. And can someone tell me; is he quick or slow? I have a feeling that he is slow for full back.

Alabaster Codify7

For me, Luke Shaw 'making it' at United will basically mean a LB who turns in 7/10 performances regularly. I see that as being his ceiling, he doesnt have any of the qualities of a world-class LB in my opinion. He's average going forward and average defensively, a 7/10 player if he's having a good day. If we want to settle for that level as a first-team player, then fair enough. But personally I think United should be aiming higher than that if we want to get back to where we belong.

adamwest

Glad to see the love he's getting for his work on the second goal. No chance he cuts back in under Mourinho. The shift and run up field, then the ball was top drawer. Well in Luke!

Sauldogba

Usually i have clear view on every our player but with him i just can't decide. Looks excellent sometimes and then looks average. That jogging back when Auba had ball was bad as it gets. And can someone tell me; is he quick or slow? I have a feeling that he is slow for full back.
I think he looks average most times.
He can be good when it comes to defending but he gets caught out of position a hell of a lot.Hes actually pretty gash in an attacking sense as well.

Wouldnt mind seeing Dalot start ahead of him.

Canagel

I don't think he's slow but he's not agile enough. Young is like 10 years older and way more agile and energetic.

Revan

Assumptionman
I thought it was his best match of the season. Mbappe will be the true test, but he has redeemed himself this season. I just hope he stays fit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was the only poor point he had in the game. He got the ball in his stomach which likely winded him, as when the ball went out for a corner he was bending over and looked in pain.

1 thing you can Criticise is his crossing.

I know why it’s so poor, he crosses from a standing still point far too often. He needs to knock it forward a few yards to create a better angle, usually the defender shuts him down and he just kicks it straight at them.

If he did a little 5 yard burst then crossed it would be fine.

Brightonian

Traditionally the guy who scores the goal celebrates.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What was his distance covered yesterday? It was insane how he looked like he had 3 lungs. He provided an overlap on almost every counter attack we had even when our attacking players weren’t as much invested. He was very driven.

His work for our second goal was world class. It looked simple but the belief to beat a player 1 on 1 at the edge of your box and to dribble down the centre of the park and lay off a perfect pass is the kind of courage you expect from a united player. Not in a million years I would have seen him take these kind of risks under JM.

Go on Luke

SteveW

I thought Pogba was more to blame there. Shaw was on the ground and winded from making the challenge and yet managed to get back to make the block, passing a jogging Pogba in the process. Pogba should have helped him out.

He's quick. I think he just looks slow due to his build.

sherrinford

What was his distance covered yesterday? It was insane how he looked like he had 3 lungs. He provided an overlap on almost every counter attack we had even when our attacking players weren’t as much invested. He was very driven
90% of the time he overlaps at half pace - just a token gesture. It can be immensely frustrating. He needs to overlap consistently with more purpose to be an asset in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.