Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd be tempted to switch to 352 now. Get Shaw out of the team and move AWB to a 3 man defence. The lad can tackle but he's just brainless with the ball far too much. This would also help our CB pairing who are far too slow. Also think without Pogba Mason Greenwood is our most creative outlet probably followed by Andreas which says everything.

------------------------------Rashford--------Martial

------------------------------------- Greenwood

-----------------------------------Fred------Matic*
-----Williams------------------------------------------------------------Dalot / Laird

----------------------Lindelof-----Maguire ----Wan Bissaka

------------------------------------------Dave

Brophs

The One and Only
Down our list of problems but he’s definitely on that list and I think it’s fairly safe to say at this stage that barring a massive improvement, this is what we're stuck in the long term.

Rolaholic

Just now founding out that Shaw is the highest paid FB in football history...

Sums up the state of the club nicely really

DoomSlayer

I'm totally done with him. Used to support him a lot during the Mourinho days, but even after sleeping over the loss, I'm still furious at his performance from last night. Absolute coward of a player.

Ekeke

He's more of a passer than an extra winger, gonna need some movement up front for him to play players in. There was no movement against Arsenal and when he did overlap on the left he didnt get much of the ball.

He did win the ball a bit though and Arsenal were most dangerous down AWB's side with the overlaps and James not tracking back with Kolasinac

Devil81

People seem to forget Van Gaal was the first to express issues with Luke Shaw. He took him out of the first team and openly expressed concern with his conditioning.

Multiple times since ex players and senior managers have raised concerns with his lifestyle choices yet he still plays and convinced the club to offer him a new contract.

We're stuck with him now, like Jones, like Mata, like Sanchez and like De Gea. We keep rewarding players who are either regressing or holding the club to ransom.

It's a joke.

arthurka

This player is a mirror image of the current state of this club.
He isn´t anywhere good enough to play at this level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's more of a passer than an extra winger, gonna need some movement up front for him to play players in. There was no movement against Arsenal and when he did overlap on the left he didnt get much of the ball.

He did win the ball a bit though and Arsenal were most dangerous down AWB's side with the overlaps and James not tracking back with Kolasinac
Yep, that's why I wondered if he would make a good CDM but I've had enough of him now. Just best to get him out of the team full stop.

Williams gives way more effort it's a night and day difference. Look at the runs he made against Burnley, Shaw never runs with any intensity.

spiriticon

Luke Shaw and Jesse Lingard could swap positions on the field and I probably wouldn't notice.

I'm pretty sure they are the same player. Just in different skins.

fallengt

Is he still highest paid FB in the league ?
Player's agents surely love this club. When your clients can serve horsecrap year after year and still earn millions.

Gopher Brown

Just now founding out that Shaw is the highest paid FB in football history...

Sums up the state of the club nicely really
Just looked this up. £195,000 per week!
Unbelievable. Positionally awful, rarely finds a teammate with a cross, puts in little to no effort in getting back if a counter happens.
He’s probably the worst player in the team, and I’m including Ashley Young in that.
He’s another player we’ve signed who was a better player before he moved to Man Utd.

AshRK

How can nay United fan rate him is beyond me? The guy has zero understanding of the game and just wanders around without knowing the circumstances of the game. He is so passive , waiting for other players to come to our box before tackling. Looks out of shape that he looks more like a Sunday league footballer than a professional footballer let alone a Manchester United footballer. The guy epitomizes mediocrity.

SiRed

One thing i have noticed this season is he has an unbelievable inability to kick a moving football. He constantly runs forward 3 yards with the ball untill he has enough time to physically stop the ball moving, then looks around and passes back to Maguire.
I mean, how did this clown even get scouted for an academy - kids these days are judged firstly on their technique before all else, so i would have thought being able to kick a rolling ball would have been covered ffs.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Muck. Total Muck. Used to think he would kick on and become a really good player but he hasnt.
And he never will IMO. its worse hes getting.

redshaw

I think he'd improve a lot if he got into shape. He's been overweight and struggling for a long while now, gone on far too long after his broken leg. It's why I thought Williams was better day 1 even when he is raw, he gives you more overall and I just really rate the guy and character, a tough lad with attacking skill. one of the few young players who will make it and just looks ready enough.

Luke Shaw really is the embodiment of the club these past few years. The odd signing isn't going to change the structure at the club that houses overweight players and playing well for the odd game and then sitting on the treatment table. We'll never crack top 4 while being a holiday camp for overpaid fannies.

He's also 24 but looks like he should be playing for the Bulls Head.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Yep, that's why I wondered if he would make a good CDM but I've had enough of him now. Just best to get him out of the team full stop.

Williams gives way more effort it's a night and day difference. Look at the runs he made against Burnley, Shaw never runs with any intensity.
I think in attack its clear that Williams is the better option most of the time. The only time that wouldnt be the case is where we think we can get Rashford, Martial and James in behind the defense from his pocket on the left to get us a goal. So maybe against a team with a high line and vulnerable to pace. And then we need players actually making those runs

With the way we defended yesterday I dont think it was a bad thing to pick Shaw over Williams. Could have been crushing for him to be involved in a performance like that and things might have even gone worse with a rush of blood to his head or a mistake on his part to make it 3-0.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That bit of midfield play where he lost the ball stupidly should put your concern about him as a CM at ease now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That bit of midfield play where he lost the ball stupidly should put your concern about him as a CM at ease now.
:D he turned like a freaking ocean liner! that was disappointing. He might have to actually pass forwards too at times! Ah well back to the drawing board.

Cantonagotmehere

Trying to find the video of his laziness vs Brighton, but sorry I cannot. I saw it on Twitter last night. If Ole watches that film, not sure how he plays him over Williams or anyone again. Pathetic. I'm done with him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't agree with the abuse he might be getting but I've given up on him too. I don't think I've ever actually seen him have a great game. He has been decent at times, and even good a couple of times mostly before his injury, but he has never actually put in a great performance. I'd like to be disproved, but it is quite incredible he got a new improved contract not too long ago. We have to stop rewarding players who haven't proven anything. It is better to take the financial hit then and there and sell if they play hard even if we actually need them, than to receive the loss on the back end after years of underperforming and failing to get any clubs to take them of our hands because they are on stupid wages.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think he'd improve a lot if he got into shape. He's been overweight and struggling for a long while now, gone on far too long after his broken leg. It's why I thought Williams was better day 1 even when he is raw, he gives you more overall and I just really rate the guy and character, a tough lad with attacking skill. one of the few young players who will make it and just looks ready enough.

Luke Shaw really is the embodiment of the club these past few years. The odd signing isn't going to change the structure at the club that houses overweight players and playing well for the odd game and then sitting on the treatment table. We'll never crack top 4 while being a holiday camp for overpaid fannies.

He's also 24 but looks like he should be playing for the Bulls Head.
I've never seen any top teams that rely on so many unfit or injury prone players. We have Martial, Shaw, Jones, Rojo, Bailly on the treatment tables regularly. Add to that with Pogba now. It's just insane how this Club has been running post- SAF.

NoneBmStore

I've never seen any top teams that rely on so many unfit or injury prone players. We have Martial, Shaw, Jones, Rojo, Bailly on the treatment tables regularly. Add to that with Pogba now. It's just insane how this Club has been running post- SAF.
But we really do not rely on Jones, Rocco and Bailly, do we?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone injuring himself in the warm up shouldn't probably play football anymore. Pretty sure he injured himself in the warm up before too?

DoomSlayer

We might have to play Dalot at LB and bring Laird in as backup to AWB if Young leaves. Shaw is becoming an embarrassment, highest paid LB in the world and this season he was supposed to establish himself. Not going to happen.

Never the same player after the broken leg. Fairplay to him for battling back and getting something of a career going but it’s clear now he will never make it back to the same level again and will not be good enough for a top team.

izec

No surprises, he is completely unreliable fitness wise. And if he is fit, he is barely pulling up any trees.

I guess he made it with the new contract and is living a proper non football lifestyle, but he is not the answer if we want to get back to the top. His injury record and fitness has nothing to do with his broken leg, he is just a lazy bastard that lost his motivation and doesn't want to put in the work on and off the pitch. He had one injury at Southampton, came here and ended up getting injury after injury. Before and after the leg break

He is Everton, West Ham or Newcastle level. The issue is the contract he is on, we might have trouble getting rid of him. I wish he would do his best, rather than just floating around and doing the minimum to stay around.

Status
Not open for further replies.