Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You are not wanted by your employer if:
1. You are underpaid for the amount of works you do and have done
2. They are indifferent whether you are there or not (they would replace you in an instant)
3. When you are facing difficulties, they dont try to help
4. People that are new at the organization want you out and the employers let them sideline you in a dirty way, slowly blaming you to bring down your worth

Luke Shaw so far:
1. His salary is either fair or over for the amount of contributions he has given
2. The club stood by him when he had a long injury until he could play and even waited till he found his form again. They didnt want to let go of Shaw even when he was injury prone and overweight
3. The club took care of his injuries and were trying to help in anyway they can. Especially when Ole was here who had been nothing but very supportive of Shaw
4. He is still here and not even getting bad treatments by the new coaches or manager

How is THAT not wanting him??? its not him underappreciated by the club he is just a baby

If Donny came up with these statements then I'd be inclined to agree. But this? this is bollocks. If the british core of United consist of him and Maguire as the heart then it'd be better not to have a british core at all.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We seem to have a lot of players who simply refuse to take any responsibility for their own performances and their role in lack of achievements as a club in recent times. Whether it be Shaw whining of intentional duty or Rashford disgruntled at not getting game time, they don't seem to want to focus on why they don't play as much as they used to, and it reflects poorly on their mentality.

I get that United is not a happy camp right now but we aren't reaching the top with mopey feckers incapable of taking heavy weight on their shoulders.

Luke Shaw has been horrendous this season. And he can't even blame that on Ole.

Irwin99

Has he really said the 'outlast' comment? Wow. Mourinho had come to United one season removed from a league triumph at Chelsea, won Europa League, won League Cup, and came second to Man City's 100-point season with United's 81-point season. Despite that Mourinho has always been Mourinho, a player thought he could comfortably outlast such a coach. Wow.
https://talksport.com/football/9028...cks-former-boss-following-talksport-comments/

It's in there. He claims to have had the backing of the club and, to be fair, Jose is known as the toxic one for a reason but that line "I knew I would be able to outlast him" comment didn't sit well with me at all at the time and people completely ignored it.

Anyway, it seems once again the club or the manager is at fault for his unhappiness.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
https://talksport.com/football/9028...cks-former-boss-following-talksport-comments/

It's in there. He claims to have had the backing of the club and, to be fair, Jose is known as the toxic one for a reason but that line "I knew I would be able to outlast him" comment didn't sit well with me at all at the time and people completely ignored it.

Anyway, it seems once again the club or the manager is at fault for his unhappiness.
It probably also comes from the fact that Jose himself was not doing a good job and had question marks against him. But yeah the next manager must get full support from the board (he too will have to perform well as trust and goodwill is earned) at least for the first two years to Crack the whip.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’s a fat bitch. Needs to be sold - doesn’t have the mentality to be at his sharpest week in week out every year for club football. No denying his ability but for United to rebuild they need players with a better mindset and greater dynamism.

Bondi77

He’s a fat bitch. Needs to be sold - doesn’t have the mentality to be at his sharpest week in week out every year for club football. No denying his ability but for United to rebuild they need players with a better mindset and greater dynamism.
So it is a complete clear out then as De Gea is the only one currently that has any form of consistency.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not really sure what's bad about what he has said.

Some of our fans are just pure moaners and jump to every opportunity they can.

He clearly said its got nothing to do with United.

Gurtej

Give me a break….. the only two places he play for is United and England…

When you make these comments, it’s indirectly a reference …. You don’t have to be a genius to understand that…

He is talking about the atmosphere blah blah blah….. just work on your bloody fitness and game dude…. We are not there to baby sit him… grt use to be put under pressure and be ready to be told off…. It’s not kindergarten or your moms house..

Gosh I am so over this softness …. He needs to look at this game and contributions to United first before he acts like a victim!!

Gurtej

You are not wanted by your employer if:
1. You are underpaid for the amount of works you do and have done
2. They are indifferent whether you are there or not (they would replace you in an instant)
3. When you are facing difficulties, they dont try to help
4. People that are new at the organization want you out and the employers let them sideline you in a dirty way, slowly blaming you to bring down your worth

Luke Shaw so far:
1. His salary is either fair or over for the amount of contributions he has given
2. The club stood by him when he had a long injury until he could play and even waited till he found his form again. They didnt want to let go of Shaw even when he was injury prone and overweight
3. The club took care of his injuries and were trying to help in anyway they can. Especially when Ole was here who had been nothing but very supportive of Shaw
4. He is still here and not even getting bad treatments by the new coaches or manager

How is THAT not wanting him??? its not him underappreciated by the club he is just a baby

If Donny came up with these statements then I'd be inclined to agree. But this? this is bollocks. If the british core of United consist of him and Maguire as the heart then it'd be better not to have a british core at all.

These are the sort of players why we are in such a mess…. Divas, babies, but not strong characters!!

Enjoy, just let him go and we see who pays over 150k plus a week…. Average players who feel entitled !! Get rid, they are a virus to this club with their constant moaning!!

Bondi77

Give me a break….. the only two places he play for is United and England…

When you make these comments, it’s indirectly a reference …. You don’t have to be a genius to understand that…

He is talking about the atmosphere blah blah blah….. just work on your bloody fitness and game dude…. We are not there to baby sit him… grt use to be put under pressure and be ready to be told off…. It’s not kindergarten or your moms house..

Gosh I am so over this softness …. He needs to look at this game and contributions to United first before he acts like a victim!!
So he does'nt have to be fit to play for his country???
I am sure he is going to be under a lot more pressure when the season ends and he is off to the World Cup and England are one of the favourites.

Trex

I read what he said as "I feel better in the England camp than at United, even though it's not all bad at united".
I don't think its an intentional rant, but given his contract expires in 2023 and he gets rotated more under Rangnick I can see were this is coming from.
But he should shut up though and focus on football.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

It's a subtle hint. Do you really take or see things exactly as written/said? most of us aren't a 8 years old. If it doesn't matter or not that important to him, why brought it up at all? he could have said he's happy playing for England and there's that. Same effect without bringing United. Not the first time he has spoken in this manner since Ralf came in. It's about context.

"It's got nothing to do with United" but "here with England I can focus on my football and feel wanted". Sure, it has nothing to do with United alright.

ForeverRed1

I just think anyone who doesn’t want to be here or fight for the shirt should leave. He will probably go somewhere else and be a worldy but so be it. It’s a heavy shirt to wear and if you ain’t up to the fight now you probably never will be.

Devil’s Trident

Six seasons at United and one good one....

honestly Shaw is doing us a favour identifying himself as someone who needs moved on ASAP

decent player, good dribbler but sooo replaceable
He doesn't feel wanted here?

He's been on circa £150k p/w for what 7 years?
And at best has given us 2 very good seasons and the rest seem quite forgettable.
He should be counting his lucky stars; no other club would have afforded him that opportunity.
I don't care what shaw meant by what he said in his interview today. The facts are that he had been at OT for 6 years and has failed to show any consistent form for longer that 6 months. We need to get rid of the like of shaw if we are to get out of this current decline, he's weak mentally, doesn't seem to have the dedication or desire to get into and keep the proper conditioning to be a top footballer.
8 years fellas. EIGHT. Tell us how do you feel now ? :D

Ekeke

Reminder that he has 5 assists in 18 league starts and 5 champions league starts combined

European Championships he had 3 assists 1 goal in 6 matches for England

World Cup qualification he has 2 assists in 4 matches for England

Other than Trent who is basically Beckham as a rightback Shaw is pretty much keeping up with the productivity of the best attacking fullbacks. Thats despite being in and out of the team and having yet another new player to form a relationship with on the left in Sancho, the one thing we didnt need a new left winger

He hasnt been at his best but he has contributed at least going forward. He can do better and I think he's clearly still our best LB and should be playing when fit at this moment in time.

I dont think we'd be able to find a replacement that does better to be honest. The leftbacks that are play for the big clubs already

SouthPredators4

When you have such a spineless and toxic culture where there is no drive to improve, minimal competition, no sense of accountability, and mediocrity is rewarded financially, it's no wonder the club is in a huge mess.

I say we do a complete reset by releasing most of the underperformers, promote youth and buy players ready to make the step up from small clubs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's nuts how, in one of England's finest generations, we've managed to amass so many absolute mental midget English players who's mouths work a lot harder than their legs or brains.

Shaw, Rashford, Lingard, Maguire, Henderson...a collectors box of professional victims.
And yet Shaw and Maguire were two of our most important - and best - players in our best tournament since '66.
Shaw says he feels unwanted. The Caf proceeds to prove him right.
:lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Came into the thread expecting some praise and chat about the performance and goal. Left because of the moaning that plagues this entire forum. It’s so bloody tedious.

Wilt

When you have such a spineless and toxic culture where there is no drive to improve, minimal competition, no sense of accountability, and mediocrity is rewarded financially, it's no wonder the club is in a huge mess.

I say we do a complete reset by releasing most of the underperformers, promote youth and buy players ready to make the step up from small clubs.
This. Sick of these Utd players with their bloated wages. They should leave if they’re not happy.

Last edited:

King29

Shaw says he feels unwanted. The Caf proceeds to prove him right.
There's a difference between supporting a mistreated player and not tolerating underperforming players whinging to the media. Funny that the players we made feel "wanted" at the end of the Jose era are still the ones underperforming/complaining to the media 4+ years later

Last edited:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
He’s only been back playing for England for the past 12 months. Should remember who stuck by him despite years of inconsistency and poor fitness, did he feel wanted then?

Talking shit because the manager doesn’t play him every single game (like ole) despite terrible form is ridiculous. There’s a new manager coming in soon ffs, wish these players would shut the feck up and show some humility

tomaldinho1

Probably worth pointing out to people on here his whole quote wasn’t bad at all, you’re all just getting played by the media who know the reactions this will illicit.

"I am not saying I don't at United but especially here, the way things are, I feel wanted and I enjoy my football. A big part of football is the enjoyment.

"Of course, it is hard to enjoy when we are losing and not playing well at club level. We have to face that and, of course, this season it has not been good enough so it is hard to enjoy.’’

He’s been very average for us this season and I’ve lost faith in him but this is a mountain out of a molehill. He’s not starting, we’re playing crap and it’s not as fun, hardly a crazy take.

CM

I'm not really worried about a throwaway comment like that. Everything like this gets heightened because we've been shit this season, in reality it doesn't mean an awful lot.

I wouldn't expect any of our players to be happy with what's going on at the club this season. Let's see what happens with the new manager before getting carried away with telling all our players to feck off.

Pickle85

Came into the thread expecting some praise and chat about the performance and goal. Left because of the moaning that plagues this entire forum. It’s so bloody tedious.
It just seems to get worse and worse. I honestly don't know what enjoyment some get from watching football...certain posters just spam relentless negativity. I don't think anyone is saying all is rosy in the garden but feck me some seem to bathe in the gloom.

Red00012

He’s basically said playing for Utd is shit which it is at the moment . And going away with England makes him forget about it.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Put him up for sale, no offense on our English people on here but it seems to me like our English players are the once feeling overly entitled and should all be shilpped out, we won't win anything with Rashford, Shaw, Maguire and Lingard as our core members, sell them all this summer.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
is there any need at all?
Yes there is. He loves to talk shit and yet at times can’t be arsed to put a shift in and be professional. Just like Rashford.

If you are not putting in a 100% effort for the club despite not being happy about the regime etc than you’re not worthy of the shirt and he’s done this a number of times under different managers where they have all made comments about his lack of professionalism. He doesn’t want to get called out on it and wants a little safety bubble around him where he can coast for the rest of his career.

arnie_ni

Probably worth pointing out to people on here his whole quote wasn’t bad at all, you’re all just getting played by the media who know the reactions this will illicit.

"I am not saying I don't at United but especially here, the way things are, I feel wanted and I enjoy my football. A big part of football is the enjoyment.

"Of course, it is hard to enjoy when we are losing and not playing well at club level. We have to face that and, of course, this season it has not been good enough so it is hard to enjoy.’’

He’s been very average for us this season and I’ve lost faith in him but this is a mountain out of a molehill. He’s not starting, we’re playing crap and it’s not as fun, hardly a crazy take.
Imagine posters not taking a second to actually read the whole quote before lighting on the man. Who'd have thought it?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You guys are being too harsh, he's had 2 good seasons out of 8, not 1... which is still atrocious to be fair.
If he feels unwanted here, he should leave. Extremely talented left back but his mentality was never strong enough to keep challenging himself to improve.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Imagine posters not taking a second to actually read the whole quote before lighting on the man. Who'd have thought it?
What's there to read twice? The nerve of him even mentioning United with his crap performances and everything what United gave to him over the years is absolutely criminal. He should be ashamed of even mentioning United and comparing the situation.

hp88

It's not just Shaw but there's a group of players within this team who have a lack of respect for this club and what it it means to be play for United, they just don't get it and the sooner they're weeded out the better chance we have restoring some order.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
What's there to read twice? The nerve of him even mentioning United with his crap performances and everything what United gave to him over the years is absolutely criminal. He should be ashamed of even mentioning United and comparing the situation.
There’s a huge enabling culture both at the club and within the fanbase. Until we don’t fix up as a club from head to toe to eradicate this - shit ain’t going to change.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think more than outing himself he’s just alluding to United not being a happy camp. He tried to say as much about the work rate and intensity in an interview after wolves and was applauded for it. I don’t think he’s saying anything wrong. We are pretty shocking in that regard. Could Shaw work harder? Maybe a little bit but he probably covers more ground than any other player bar Fred. Could he be more intense on the pitch? Definitely but we could have also just signed a different player. Shaw is still probably the second best LB in the league.

Marwood

I think more than outing himself he’s just alluding to United not being a happy camp. He tried to say as much about the work rate and intensity in an interview after wolves and was applauded for it. I don’t think he’s saying anything wrong. We are pretty shocking in that regard. Could Shaw work harder? Maybe a little bit but he probably covers more ground than any other player bar Fred. Could he be more intense on the pitch? Definitely but we could have also just signed a different player. Shaw is still probably the second best LB in the league.
It's more than that. He's talking about being wanted, which is pretty tragic.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's all good when fans don't enjoy our football but it's bad when a player says they don't enjoy it either

:lol:

Kaos

For all of us nitpicking at the meaning behind his words, the fact remains - why did he have to say it? He could have easily said he enjoys his football with England and looks forward to the games and left it at that. The moment he started to bring United into it and use sentiments like "feeling wanted" was only going to open up a can of worms. Pointlessly stupid on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.