LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan77

The players and the rest of the staff is preparing for a very important game vs Chelsea tomorrow and Van Gaal hasn't turned up. I find it bizarre really...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Does anything ever happen on a Sunday? Aren't we almost forced to wait until NYSE is open to announce things like this?
It's only true for events who have a direct influence on the buyers and sellers decision making.

acrebo

Does anything ever happen on a Sunday? Aren't we almost forced to wait until NYSE is open to announce things like this?
In truth, I'm not sure. We had to announce SAF because it would have a dramatic effect on our share price.

I'm not sure whether shorter term comings & goings like LVG and Moyes would have that same effect.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
A few pictures and stories flying around social media that LvG isn't conducting today's training session and is at Manchester airport. Not going to post as there are no verified sources yet.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
If they play up to their standards and succeed, how do they get rid of LvG if they do not like him?
ERM. By doing the job they are paid do do for the club that pays and the fans that support them.

Maybe that's should be enough of a reason. Not every player likes every manager. Most still work their arses off. Those that dont are a disgrace.

There is no excuse. Absolutely none.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In truth, I'm not sure. We had to announce SAF because it would have a dramatic effect on our share price.

I'm not sure whether shorter term comings & goings like LVG and Moyes would have that same effect.
Moyes sacking was announced at 08:30 UK time, the NYSE wasnt open (obviously).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A few pictures and stories flying around social media that LvG isn't conducting today's training session and is at Manchester airport. Not going to post as there are no verified sources yet.
So basically it's horse-shit and you're peddling it.

Any takers? Anyone? Anyone?

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's having a meeting with someone. Maybe he's taking a shit and just sent the others out

Interval

Level
Can people please stop this nonsense of all announcements, singings and sackings having to be announced when markets are open. It's patently bullshit. Rules do not mandate you to announce it to the exchanges either. Laws just need you to announce it asap on any public fora, website etc

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A few pictures and stories flying around social media that LvG isn't conducting today's training session and is at Manchester airport.
He's buggering off to Portugal with his pilot UnitedinRed.

roykeane19

The only good period of football we had was that 3-4 match run, where the combination of Fellaini, Young, and Blind, caused opposition lots of problems, and then after Mourinho found him out, he was clueless again

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The only good period of football we had was that 3-4 match run, where the combination of Fellaini, Young, and Blind, caused opposition lots of problems, and then after Mourinho found him out, he was clueless again
I also recall us having the better chances early on in that game but failed to capitalise. It wasn't the worst game and it certainly wasn't the game that turned this season around for us

Irrational.

Words cannot describe how livid I'll be if we win against Chelsea and Van Gaal comes out smiling in his press conference. We'll then proceed to give him more time, hate saying it but if the board aren't convinced already we may need another loss against Chelsea to get our season back on track.
:lol:

How dare he try and save his job by beating the current PL champions! It's an absolute outrage to think he'll be smiling after a victory. Fecking gloating cnut.

On a serious note, I think he's going to resign regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's game. I think the board and the fans have seen enough. It'd be foolish to have his future hanging on one game.

Esquire

I very much doubt United will sack LVG before the Chelsea game.
But I honestly do not understand that logic. The board do not want to sack him clearly, for a whole host of reasons reported in the papers. But how can we not act now? What is the purpose of retaining someone who clearly will not be able to turn things around? How is one game (even if we get a positive result which I highly doubt) going to make a difference? Is the Board seriously implying they will keep LVG if we win against Chelski?

Esquire

This is a farce from both club and LVG. The Norwich result/performance should have signaled the end. Yesterdays result/performance could have been avoided, instead it was the same old thing. What are we waiting for? A beating at home to a side who are in more trouble than what we are? I don't understand what the decision makers are waiting for, things aren't going to get better. LVG isn't suddenly going to change he's methods that have served him well over he's career. We are in a rut, a downward spiral... the only way to get out of such a thing is to make a change and bring someone new in with fresh ideas. The longer we leave it, the further down the league we will fall.
Completely with you. Do not understand the logic/thinking at all.

Bojan11

This is ridiculous he has not been sacked. Should have happened last week. Are we waiting until Spurs and co are like 10 points clear?

Bestie07

He should have been gone after the Bournemouth game but he is still here, the board seem insistent on us dropping more points before doing something. The way the club is being run at the moment, we don't deserve top four, let alone a run at the title ahead of several other well run clubs, who are doing a lot better than us on less than half our budget. Fecking idiots are in charge of the footballing side of things at United.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meanwhile on Sky Sports News:

"Let's cross over now to our reporter outside Old Trafford - any update on Louis van Gaal's future, Nick?"
"Unfortunately not, Salmonella. Though a few minutes ago I saw someone exiting the Club Megastore, which is open until 5pm tonight; so clearly, fans leaving early means the writing's on the wall for the Dutchman."
"Thanks, Dick."
"It's Nick, you stupid tart."

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He should have been gone after the Bournemouth game but he is still here, the board seem insistent on us dropping more points before doing something. The way the club is being run at the moment, we don't deserve top four, let alone a run at the title ahead of several other well run clubs, who are doing a lot better than us on less than half our budget. Fecking idiots are in charge of the footballing side of things at United.
Trouble with having lots of Americans on the board, who are involved with a football franchise in the US, is that yes they want to win the Superbowl, but like with a lot of team sports over there it is a closed shop and results aren't necessarily paramount, getting money off the paying customer is. Your club will survive, you don't get relegated, the fans turn up, you get TV revenue. I don't think they have grasped the fact that here, clubs get relelegated, yes relegated. That lots of clubs go bust. They are dealing with United like you would an American franchise when it is completely different.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Probably already been discussed but Sky Sports are reporting that LVG has not reported to training, which is being run by Giggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.