Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
They are both as bad as each other IMO, only for different reasons.

Valdes is fantastic with his feet and reaction saves but he can't deal with crosses and gets beaten at his near post too easily.

I dreaded him being in goal for us.

I don't think he is suited to the PL at all.
Valdés in his prime was miles ahead of Hart, not a contest.

cyberman

Are they linked with any fullbacks at all? That's the first thing I thought Pep would address.
If I told you that back in May after the West Ham game that a Manchester club were favourites to sign Mkhitaryan, Ibra (ignore the history for my point) Pogba and one of La Ligas most promising centrehalves you would think Pep was working his magic.
Why is it so quiet? If Stones isn't tied up and Sane sways to Bayern who else are they looking at?

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Are they linked with any fullbacks at all? That's the first thing I thought Pep would address.
If I told you that back in May after the West Ham game that a Manchester club were favourites to sign Mkhitaryan, Ibra (ignore the history for my point) Pogba and one of La Ligas most promising centrehalves you would think Pep was working his magic.
Why is it so quiet? If Stones isn't tied up and Sane sways to Bayern who else are they looking at?
City likely to get a couple of deals over the line soon.

Derrick B

Either this is the calm before the storm or City are finding it a lot more difficult to attract top players than they thought when they hired Pep.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Who though? Seen City linked with very few players.
Nolito pretty certain.
We've been seriously linked with Sane, Stones and Aubamayang. Not saying all will sign but we're having an open day Sunday and training session Monday. Could be 1 or 2 unveilings then.

Steve the Red

Nolito pretty certain.
We've been seriously linked with Sane, Stones and Aubamayang. Not saying all will sign but we're having an open day Sunday and training session Monday. Could be 1 or 2 unveilings then.
If we believe every rumour and piece of gossip about transfers to United, we would have every star from Spain, England and Germany.
I learned long ago to not believe to any of it, until the club announces the signing and there are pictures of him with the manager.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If we believe every rumour and piece of gossip about transfers to United, we would have every star from Spain, England and Germany.
I learned long ago to not believe to any of it, until the club announces the signing and there are pictures of him with the manager.
Yeah but the big In the Know at Bluemoon has all but confirmed Aubameyang a month or so ago

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Of course, but some sources are more believable than others.
Some folks like the speculation and roller coaster ride some just want the endgame. Brightens up the close season for many.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Yeah but the big In the Know at Bluemoon has all but confirmed Aubameyang a month or so ago
You mean Tolmie?
If you do then he tells people many times that he passes on information of the club having an interest in a player. As we know many things can prevent this becoming a deal.
If you can find a post where he states that Auba is "all but confirmed" please link it to me and I'll eat a huge slice of humble pie but in the meantime I'll settle for suggesting that you're talking out of your backside.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
They'll make two huge signings before the summer is over otherwise Pep will be royally pissed.

Aubameyang and Stones are my guesses.
Dortmund aren't going to sell Hummels, Gundogan, Mkhitaryan and Aubamayang all in the same summer. With the first 3 all of them had one year left on their contract so it made sense to sell now but Aubamayang has like 4 years left on his

The red panther

princess transfer emo
They'll make two huge signings before the summer is over otherwise Pep will be royally pissed.

Aubameyang and Stones are my guesses.
I don't think they will get Auba

Dortmund just sold Hummels, Gundogan and Mkhitaryan. They will not want to let go of another important player, Auba's contract is not running down like Miki's was and they really don't need cash anymore after selling those 3 players. I think it is very unlikley that move will happen this summer. The kind of work and money it would take to pull off, I don't think City can afford it, given that they will need to strenghten other areas aswell.

Nolito and Gundogan are confirmed, pretty sure they will get Stones aswell

Can see 1 or 2 more signings for them, one off them most likley a striker but that won't be Auba, think it will more likley be Morata or Lukaku altough there haven't been rumours to support that claim. They might also be looking at a new fullback

cyberman

Pep's first City interview with Noel Gallagher

Coming 8am Monday 4th July, 2016.

What is their obsession with Noel Gallagher? Let's get Mick Hucknall to do all our press..
I remember when sky had a Neville v Noel segment as if it were this great battle of minds. It's not cool or trendy so can Noel please get back into his lane?

Fener1907

This is the same Noel Gallagher who once said he wanted his son to be an Arsenal fan because he liked the way they played.

They like him because he's got a gob on him and he's not afraid to say what he thinks, which is usually something that embodies their bitter nature.

salford_

You mean Tolmie?
If you do then he tells people many times that he passes on information of the club having an interest in a player. As we know many things can prevent this becoming a deal.
If you can find a post where he states that Auba is "all but confirmed" please link it to me and I'll eat a huge slice of humble pie but in the meantime I'll settle for suggesting that you're talking out of your backside.
Tolmie and ric chat out of their backsides. The backtracking on laporte was proof they know feck all. They never ever name who's being linked until the media mention sone one and they say 'Yeh had to keep it hush but media are right '. Lol as if

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Tolmie and ric chat out of their backsides. The backtracking on laporte was proof they know feck all. They never ever name who's being linked until the media mention sone one and they say 'Yeh had to keep it hush but media are right '. Lol as if
Really?
There are quite a few numpties on there who regurgitate shite from fake agents and joke websites as fact but you've singled out the wrong ones there.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Ric most definitely gets inside info mate. It used to be off field stuff such as new sponsorship deals, etc, rather than transfers but in the past 12-18 months he's been getting info on those too. He certainly didn't do any backtracking on Laporte - it was as close to a done deal without actually being done and he alluded to this after it didn't come off when saying City were prepping the club media stuff in advance of him coming. He also didn't put any spin on it falling through and said it wasn't the club who pulled the plug on the deal.

MounchesterUtd

Pep: "I have to know my players. Hug them - kick their a***! One of my dreams was to play here as a footballer. Now my dream has come true."

I don't want to act all high and mighty, but he's deluded if he thinks anyone will believe him :lol:

Jerch

Pep: "I have to know my players. Hug them - kick their a***! One of my dreams was to play here as a footballer. Now my dream has come true."

I don't want to act all high and mighty, but he's deluded if he thinks anyone will believe him :lol:
Did he really said that?? :houllier::houllier:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Manchester City rejected Pep Guardiola as a player

Manchester City turned down the chance to sign their future manager Pep Guardiola as a player 11 years ago, according to Stuart Pearce.

Ex-Barcelona midfielder Guardiola had a trial with City in the summer of 2005 but then-manager Pearce opted not to sign him.

Guardiola, 45, will replace current City boss Manuel Pellegrini in June.

"If I knew how good he would be as a manager I would have given him my job," Pearce told BBC Radio 5 live.

City, whose squad at the time featured the likes of David James, Trevor Sinclair, Joey Barton and Darius Vassell, finished the 2005-06 Premier League season in 15th place.

"He trained with us for a few days," said Pearce. "He had been playing in the Middle East, and was looking for a contract.

"Smashing fella but, back then, I didn't realise he would be a top manager. We didn't have anything on the playing side but top man, top manager, what an acquisition for City."

Guardiola, who was 34 years old in 2005 and eyeing a return to European football after leaving Al-Ahli in Dubai, made more than 350 appearances for Barcelona between 1990 and 2001, winning the European Cup and six La Liga titles.

He played under current Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal at the Nou Camp and before City announced Guardiola's impending arrival, there was speculation he could replace the Dutchman at Old Trafford.

Van Gaal has welcomed his former player to the Premier League and, following United's 3-0 win over Stoke on Tuesday, sounded like a man planning to stick around long enough to face him.

"He is my former captain so I am very pleased to see him and I can speak Spanish so it is convenient for him," Van Gaal said.

Guardiola went on to play briefly for Mexican side Dorados before taking charge of Barcelona B and later Barcelona.

He won 14 trophies in four years at the Nou Camp between 2008 and 2012. He has since won the Bundesliga twice in his first two seasons in charge of Bayern Munich.

Bojan11

One of the parts that stick out during the Gallagher interview.

say you only really stay anywhere for three or four years, so do you intend to build a legacy here or at least put the foundations in place?

PG: I have come to learn – that's why I move on. If I was building legacies then I would have stayed in Barcelona.

Footyislife

Does he really think he's fooling anybody when he said his dream was to play here when he was still a player? I doubt you even knew that City was a club while you were a player. Should have said I wanted to play in Manchester, I can't really say what club even though everyone knows, but guys i wanted to be in this city that's what counts right?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Hardly a revelation to be fair, everyone knows how Pep works by now. He's signed a three-year contract and I imagine he'll definitely fulfil that, with an outside chance he opts to extend for a season or two depending on how successful he is. Most likely he goes though, perhaps to an Italian side.

MarchingOn

Glad to see United is already on his mind. Jose and Zlatan are going to spoil it for Pep and Co.

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
Does he really think he's fooling anybody when he said his dream was to play here when he was still a player? I doubt you even knew that City was a club while you were a player. Should have said I wanted to play in Manchester, I can't really say what club even though everyone knows, but guys i wanted to be in this city that's what counts right?
He meant he his dream was to play in England !

Bojan11

Hardly a revelation to be fair, everyone knows how Pep works by now. He's signed a three-year contract and I imagine he'll definitely fulfil that, with an outside chance he opts to extend for a season or two depending on how successful he is. Most likely he goes though, perhaps to an Italian side.
I'm just making the point that one of the negatives used against Jose is that he is only there for 3 years.

Minimalist

That has to be one of the most bizarre managerial introductions I've ever seen.

He'd need to be top scorer this season after that!

cyberman

Yeah, goes against what Gentleman Jim etc have been preaching to me since he signed.
He'll be off to coach Brazil imo. First foreign managet ever to do so.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Yeah, goes against what Gentleman Jim etc have been preaching to me since he signed.
He'll be off to coach Brazil imo. First foreign managet ever to do so.
In yesterday's Q&A on the stage he hinted that he may stay up to 5 years. The Gallagher interview was recorded beforehand so the conclusion to be drawn is that nobody has a scooby how long he'll stay at this stage including Pep himself.
What I "preach" is for you to keep an open mind, that's all.

cyberman

In yesterday's Q&A on the stage he hinted that he may stay up to 5 years. The Gallagher interview was recorded beforehand so the conclusion to be drawn is that nobody has a scooby how long he'll stay at this stage including Pep himself.
What I "preach" is for you to keep an open mind, that's all.
All I can do is go by Peps words. Pep saying he doesn't want to build a dynasty or he would have stayed at Barca is legit as it gets. A bit more than hinting but there you go.
Time will tell.