Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we'll get stuffed 4-1. Our midfield and defence will be highly exposed from the word go.

But this is a good thing as it will push LVG to sign Vidal and Hummels.
Madrid have looked fairly average in their preseason thus far, and Ronaldo isn't confirmed to be playing or completely fit. I think it'll be close, and we win.

United22

I think we'll get stuffed 4-1. Our midfield and defence will be highly exposed from the word go.

But this is a good thing as it will push LVG to sign Vidal and Hummels.
Not if we sit deep against them, because that is when they always struggle and I expect LvG to set us up like that.

RoyH1

I think United will win this one. Real Madrid are a lot further behind in their summer preparation than United and a lot of their stars are not even in the U.S training.

GRon

TBH, I do not see us scoring in this one. 3-0 to Madrid for me, with our wing-backs like Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Luke Shaw and Reece James being torn to shreds by the likes of Bale and Ronaldo.

Cmz'

Ancelotti says Ronaldo will not play against #MUFC tomorrow

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
TBH, I do not see us scoring in this one. 3-0 to Madrid for me, with our wing-backs like Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Luke Shaw and Reece James being torn to shreds by the likes of Bale and Ronaldo.
Ffs you lot are pessimistic. It's a pre season friendly, they aren't fit, they lost to Roma who we beat and lost to Inter on penalties, and are missing a lot of their stars. Ronaldo won't even play as he's not fit.

Even if we were to play them in a serious game with everyone fit, it'd be a tight game because Van Gaal is an excellent tactician who can make up for stuff like weaknesses in the squad compared to them. But it's not, it's a friendly in a tournament where they are already knocked out of.

RetroStu

I actually think we could do well in this if we try and do some of the confident passing moves that we have at times in the friendlies so far.
I just hope we play a strong team and don't make too many changes at half time, especially if we are losing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The game is day after tomorrow right? I missed the other two so really want to see this. Would help me get out of that Vidal thread to focus on something else in life.

Godfather

The game is day after tomorrow right? I missed the other two so really want to see this. Would help me get out of that Vidal thread to focus on something else in life.
Depends in what time zone you live I guess. For me it's at 10 pm tomorrow.

detinUnaM

What I would like to see is if LVG persists with his 10 changes at halftime if we are 1-0 up by that time. Would he go for the win or say feck it and just give everyone a chance. Ideal scenario would be to bring on our A team in the second half as Real would do the same and I wanna see how our main players match up against theirs in this formation.

mnunited13

3-5-2

Pepe-Ramos-Nacho
Arbeloa-Xabi-Illara-Carvajal
Modric
Isco-Bale

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another 352 vs our 352? Sounds fun...

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Why have they released their line up this soon :confused:
Trappattoni used to reveal our starting line up a week before our game...It's only a glorified friendly, and with this being their last game and unable to win this thing, not much is really at stake for them here.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Ronaldo not playing kinda ruins it. Think we'll get beat 3-1.
I'd love to win as its Madrid and it's United. But getting back to England early and starting the clear out of the squad in earnest would be good too.

Phil Duck

Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't care for Manchester United as much as you guys think he does.

bosnian_red

Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't care for Manchester United as much as you guys think he does.
In what way? I think he still loves the club and will always be grateful for his time here, you saw that when they played us in Fergie's last season.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
WTF who gives a toss if Ronaldo isn't playing. You guys do know he plays for Madrid now.

I'm more interested how our system works against a truly world class team who are trained and drilled in a philosophy and have star players on the pitch without Ronaldo. I'm sure Bale will rip us a new one.

bosnian_red

Pretty sure our lineup will be:

De Gea
Keane Jones Evans
Valencia Herrera Fletcher Young
Mata
Rooney Welbeck​

That was the group talking to LvG just now, on MUTV, wearing the training shirts, while the others are wearing bibs. Smalling apparently has a knock.

United22

De Gea
Keane Jones Evans
Valencia Herrera Carrick Young
Rooney Welbeck​

That was the group talking to LvG just now, on MUTV, wearing the training shirts, while the others are wearing bibs. Smalling apparently has a knock.
No Carrick

bucky

De Gea
Keane Jones Evans
Valencia Herrera Carrick Young
Rooney Welbeck​

There's someone missing. Mata or Kagawa?

Shyftyy

hhmm. This will be interesting as van Gaal has stated that when playing 3-5-2 they always struggle against teams who play the same system because of the man marking on the midfield. The pressing is so tight that both midfields basically cancel each other out. So perhaps this will be the first time that we will get to see the 4-3-3 back formation. Either way, it's nice to see a team like Madrid already adapting to Manchester United :)

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Two teams of 10 playing pass and move against each other bibs include kagawa, Cleverley, lingard, Keane perhaps the fringe players and they are getting battered by the red shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.