Manchester United vs Tottenham (Thu 25th July, 12:30 UK time)

Gasolin

9 goals scored 1 conceded. All assists and goals involved academy graduates, let’s have a moan!
I like the goals. I am a bit worried about a tough 20 mn in the 2nd half but am glad with the overall performance.

Spielmacher

We have to get rid of some of them at least. Prefer to get rid of Rojo and Jones, but might as well get rid of Bailly also if the injuries keep up. The positive today was that Tuanzebe got to play, and that he looked really good when called upon.
I rate Tuanzebe, but I'm of the opinion that another season as first choice for Aston Villa would be better than sitting on the bench for us.

Nr.7

Everyone hating on Fred just throws away the fact that this is his second game in pre-season, and he came on in the second half when Spurs put on a much stronger attack. Matic is the one that deserves critisism this game. He just can't keep up anymore.
It’s so painfully obvious he’s just not good enough.

What have you seen so far which makes you have faith Fred will (finally) show he is a qulity £50m player?

Crustanoid

Well, that proved that we’re going to be anhialated when we play a proper match against a decent team.

Alemar

My original point stands - which is, moaning about a player doing what we brought him into the team to do is nonsensical.
Agree it was overly emotional on my behalf :( but I was sincerely furious with Mata in the first 35 minutes of the half, perhaps it influenced me

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Fantastic tour so far. Even though its pre season it is important to win and have their confidence booming heading into the first game. Yet another win for the lads.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fantastic tour so far. Even though its pre season it is important to win and have their confidence booming heading into the first game. Yet another win for the lads.
Yep, confidence was obviously on it's arse at the end of last season with the players just praying for the season to end, hopefully these friendlies are undoing that

Ace of Spades

This has been a very good tour so far. Every player seems to be willing to work their socks off and fight for the team. The team chemistry looks very good, and there is plenty to improve on still and hopefully we get a few deals over the line.

Kearnkoff69

Question to those who watched the game..

how was Fred?
Sloppy and still looking very unsure of himself out there. It's weird, he definitely has the raw tools to be a decent player for us, but there just seems to be a mental block that, today, resulted in a lot of under hit or off-target passes or dallying on the ball just a second too long.

GJNJ

I like the goals. I am a bit worried about a tough 20 mn in the 2nd half but am glad with the overall performance.
Ole said this in his interview, wasn't happy.

Dalot and Matic kept giving the ball away alot throuout that 2nd half and slow to react to anything. All the team seemed to lack the same intensity of the 1st half. Hopefully Fred is just behind on fitness as towards the end of the game he was a liability.

Having said that you can't expect to play top teams and have it all your own way. I think on a the whole we did well. Good to see Martial pressing well and making runs. I was particularly impressed with McTominay (I wasn't a big fan but he has grown on me, he range of passing and breaking up play was very good, he easily gets in front of Matic for me. Probably my motm. Great goal from Gomes too.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
15:25
Pochettino apologises to United
There were some strong tackles from Tottenham today.

Mauricio Pochettino said:

“Yes it’s true I was a little bit annoyed about some situations. Of course when you are so hot and sometimes you arrive late and something can happen.

“I apologise on behalf of our players to Man Utd. It’s not intention and sometimes when you arrive late these things can happen.”

nameischarles

Very impressed by the young lads. I know its preseason and don't want to get ahead of myself, but I felt Gomes has looked that extra special every time he touches the ball and felt he could put on a show out there in limited minutes. Hopefully he will be a big part of the rotation this season along with Greenwood and Tuanzebe.

Xaviboy

2nd half proved Matic not good enough to start. McTominey bought energy and positive passing and more mobility in that midfield role. Matic for Capital cup games only and few FA Cup games. Against top opposition he is found out that's why we should move on and buy another midfielder.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Kinda glad Perreria twatted Kane.

Fecking dirty team. Sissoko stamped James.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A few observations.

That pitch was nowhere near acceptable. Inviting injuries.

Spurs are a fecking dirty team, even in pre-season. I was hoping for a 50/50 between Rojo and either Sissoko or Alli all first half. Wanted to see him cut them in half. Maybe they'd understand then. And then Pereira goes and nails Kane. A horror challenge, but presumably the result of playing these cnuts.

Great through ball by Pereira, nice to see him have that in his locker. And Gomes showed he's ready.

Also, Daniel James. Great work rate and endeavour. I love that in a player. Absolutely love that.

settembrini

First half good, second half bad.

Impressed by Pereira and McTominay. Not impressed by Matic as per usual.

Sambob

Love beating Spurs, they are like a Liverpool level enemy for me, absolutely hate seeing them do well in recent years but at least they are still spursy as hell.