Marco Silva - Sacked by Watford

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wow! Stupid decision, especially after rejecting the Everton approach 2 months back!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Statement via the club's website:

''Watford Football Club has parted company with Marco Silva.

This has been a difficult decision and one not taken lightly. The Club is convinced the appointment of Silva was the right one and had it not been for the unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival for his services we would have continued to prosper under his leadership.

The catalyst for this decision is that unwarranted approach, something which the Board believes has seen a significant deterioration in both focus and results to the point where the long-term future of Watford FC has been jeopardised.

For the security and success of the football club, the Board believes it has to make a change.

The Club will seek to make a swift appointment and there will be no further comment until that appointment has been made.''

Precaution

Fluttered his eyelashes towards a bigger club and then lost the squad and the good start they had to the season, seems ol Silva loves his own hype.

devil in me

Its like real life Championship Manager!! Flirted with another club, pissed everyone off and its all gone down hill since!

Sigma

Wow... They are on a bad run at the moment but they were amazing earlier on in the season and are still 10th. No way he should have been sacked.

JoaquinJoaquin

What a terrible decision that is.

Like who are they going to bring in who is a better manager? The owners of that club are mental.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Think he would have been shit at Everton anyway, flavour of the month type manager for me, the press built him up and the flirtation and his open mindness to Everton didn’t help him. Appointing allardyce was the smart thing they did in the end.

Bizarre timing from Watford but I think they’ll get some random Italian in, prandelli’s available.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Their owners seem more trigger happy than Roman and that's saying something. Marco Silva will have suitors lining up for his services though.

haram

They still are.
Yes but you have to give managers time. He showed some good things as well. Of course there are problems but they wont ever get anywhere by chopping and changing every 6 months.

Of course if he’s lost the dressing room, it’s different.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
From dominating Chelsea for most of the game at Stamford Bridge to getting sacked within months. Modern football ladies and gentlemen.

Nicklas

Ridiculous decision considering the start of the season, things must've been ugly behind the scenes.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Unlucky tbf. Last year he relegated Hull and then joined Watford. If he held on and relegated Watford, he might have had a chance with a top four club.

Kapardin

Assume there are still some here who would like to sack Mourinho and hire him. He was leading the forum poll by a distance back then.:wenger:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Assume there are still some here who would like to sack Mourinho and hire him. He was leading the forum poll by a distance back then.:wenger:
That was a glitch. People votes got changed.

Turamb

Is this the guy everyone voted for in the thread for who they would want to replace Mourinho if he left?

Solver

Wow! Stupid decision, especially after rejecting the Everton approach 2 months back!
but he flirted with them only a few games after taking over watford. I don't think that was healthy- people have long memories when it comes to undependebalitiy

Solver

Is this the guy everyone voted for in the thread for who they would want to replace Mourinho if he left?
he's a potentially good manager no doubt about it, but he's got to last in one job for more than two minutes

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Did he even flirt with Everton? I don't recall him doing that.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ridiculous decision considering the start of the season, things must've been ugly behind the scenes.
He bought Carrillo, Zeegelaar and Andre Gray. Just Zeegelaar is a sackable offence. He needs to improve his man management ability and learn to set up his defences better. It's the third time he has fallen out with a club board (Sporting, Olympiakos and now Watford). His behaviour is clearly a problem. Perhaps he should focus on managing rather than using the clubs to promote his agent agenda.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yes but you have to give managers time. He showed some good things as well. Of course there are problems but they wont ever get anywhere by chopping and changing every 6 months.

Of course if he’s lost the dressing room, it’s different.
I agree that they should not have sacked him. They're stupid, simple as. They had one decent period of about 5 games and, for whatever reason, think they're title candidates.

Solver

"someone else wanted our manager so we sacked him"

You couldn't make it up.
hmmm... but said manager should have also come out and categorically said I am not going anywhere- I have only just started my Watford 'project' as most foreign managers like to say