Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another solid game. What I liked the most was after 1 west ham counter attack was Rojo gave Valencia an absolute bollocking for not following Payet inside, they were going at it for almost a minute after we cleared the ball.

You need that in a team, it shows he's committed and really wants to win, it helps keep standards high.

Vamos Rojo :drool:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good work rate as well, whenever he was forward, he sprinted back as soon as WH got the ball

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent last night. Showed great pace too with those slide tackles

Could be very good alongside Bailly

JeffBoomTetris

Very good once again. Returning to CB has given a new freshness in his performance. Started our first goal with a domineering header towards Rooney. This type of no-nonsense defending is what really gets to me. Keep it up, Mark Red

Andy_Cole

He's been fantastic. Reminds me of a CB version Rafael.

If he keeps it up he will be a favourite of mine.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@Sly is getting vindicated.
I'm happy for him but it's still early stages. I remember he also had a decent stint in his first year but then he got injured and never returned to his early form. I don't know if he will be a long term solution for United's eleven but i think he can be a decent first Team player. I've always said that he is a Cb first and that he never impressed me at Sporting as Lb. Even going against some portuguese pundit articles (that Gonçalo chap at Diário de Notícias). You can also draw some paralelisms between two defensively strong managers such as Leonardo Jardim and Mourinho to understand why he is doing well so far. His best career year was under the guidance of Jardim. Tbf i've been more impressed with Phil Jones. I wasn't expecting this type of resurgence.

ferguson2

Great game of him. 100% of his passes found the target and when he was under pressure he cleared the ball like a defender should do it from time to time.

Phil Jones is a bit of a risk I think. He's doing great overall but has some colapse in concetration every game, like yesterday when he failed to clear the cross.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Credit where credit due looking like he actually is a decent player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
My secret crush at the moment. Really like watching him at LCB.

marlowe78

First season I liked him. Second season, I was disgusted with him. Now I like him. I'm sure I've had a girlfriend like this.

ice-bionic red

Even bailey and smalling sit out at the moment. Rojo and Jones have done very well together and should stay in the team. Seeing as when bailey returns he'll soon be off to the African nations correct?

I guess smalling needs to "man up" as I believe the manager

ash_86

I'm confused on how to judge them. He looks good some days and very poor on some other days.

Loublaze

ATLien
Even bailey and smalling sit out at the moment. Rojo and Jones have done very well together and should stay in the team. Seeing as when bailey returns he'll soon be off to the African nations correct?

Bailly, his name is Bailly

izec

Smalling is a fanny. Even Blind is tougher.

ti vu

Its crazy what playing a player in his proper position can do for his performances!
He has been Argentine LB for years now. He was considered more proven at LB than CB at top level when he moved to us: his time at Sporting Lisbon where noone else seem to want him before that WC where Argentine went to the final

izec

He has been Argentine LB for years now. He was considered more proven at LB than CB at top level when he moved to us after that WC.
He played more games as CB for Sporting than LB for Argentina. Plus he played as a left wing back at the WC wasnt it?

ti vu

He played more games as CB for Sporting than LB for Argentina. Plus he played as a left wing back at the WC wasnt it?
See my edit. You might mistake for Blind who played as left wing back mostly, left side CB (a game?) at back 5 during the WC for Netherlands.

I meant like the top performance he show cased as LB during the WC is better than his time as CB in Sporting shirt. IIRC no big clubs were after Rojo the Sporting CB. It's LVG seeing him in Argentine shirt as left back that pushed the deal after we dodged a bullet with Vermaelen!

I pretty sure it was LB. Zabaleta Garay Demichelis Rojo. Mascherano played as DM for Argentina not as CB for Barcelona these days.

Last edited:

m1y2

He's been fantastic. Reminds me of a CB version Rafael.

If he keeps it up he will be a favourite of mine.
Yeah me too, you gotta love players like that with 100%% commitment and aggression like Rafa or Herrera, but CB role is very no-nonsense you're often the last man so hope he's settign his emotions the right way to match his ability

MounchesterUtd

Might need to get another Argie on the team to keep him settled. Time to come back for Dybala? :drool:

marlowe78

See my edit. You might mistake for Blind who played as left wing back mostly, left side CB (a game?) at back 5 during the WC for Netherlands.

I meant like the top performance he show cased as LB during the WC is better than his time as CB in Sporting shirt. IIRC no big clubs were after Rojo the Sporting CB. It's LVG seeing him in Argentine shirt as left back that pushed the deal after we dodged a bullet with Vermaelen!

I pretty sure it was LB. Zabaleta Garay Demichelis Rojo. Mascherano played as DM for Argentina not as CB for Barcelona these days.
That's interesting because he looks clueless as a LB IMO. His positional sense is awful.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That ends careers. fecking mentalist.

Man-United

Knowing what Oliver does, we should soon see Rojo be sent off for a second yellow who should not be a yellow.

Skills

Snitch
Neither him or Jones are strong enough to fend off Lukaku. Will cost us

arthurka

He is so bad... Can't pass, rash and his overall defending is bad.. can't wait for Bailly..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
About time he's been shite.. Felt abnormal rating him very highly

JoaquinJoaquin

Mad challenge, but watch as the Caf pins anything that goes wrong today on him
Yup. Was always going to have a tough game today against arguably one of the most physical strikers in the league. Smalling got away with a hell of a lot of worse performances on here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We cant have CBs who give us 2 good games followed by 1-2 bad games. This include Jones as well who is at Rojo's same level + he's also injury prone

Status
Not open for further replies.