Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roux

He's fine and potentially back for the Liverpool game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If true, that's great news.

Has to be said though, the turnaround for him is astounding. From being one of the most lambasted players in our squad, he has become one of our key players in the space of 6 months.
It just shows that coaches/fans should be a bit more patient. If the fans were in charge he would have been sold for free this summer, I hated seeing LVG play him as a left back but he's been really good at CB.

I think the fact LVG used to overload them with instructions just confused the hell out of him, Mourinho has kept it simple and he's reaping the benefits of that.

It just shows that coaches/fans should be a bit more patient. If the fans were in charge he would have been sold for free this summer, I hated seeing LVG play him as a left back but he's been really good at CB.

I think the fact LVG used to overload them with instructions just confused the hell out of him, Mourinho has kept it simple and he's reaping the benefits of that.
LVG annoyed me more with his decision to completely disregard Rojo at a CB, despite how well he had played there for him the previous season. All because he had a pet project with turning Blind into a CB.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

To be fair though, he had is fair share of poor games as a CB as well under LVG, and didn't really look like improving. Just the fact that 90% of the caf wanted him sold in the summer speaks volumes.

Fair play to Mou though, he has proven he can get the best out of players

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The first page of this thread is hilarious. :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Mourinho: "I don't know [if Rojo will be fit]. Marcos has a muscular problem, not big. I'm not saying he's not ready to play, I'm saying that I have my doubts.

Sylar

Its a shame for him cos he was having a good run in the team. I do wonder when he might come cos it will be hard to suddenly drop Smalling/jones if they perform well esp on the weekend.

Well, I should try this in the Memphis and Schneiderlin threads as well. Probably a bit too late for that, I guess.
Go for Shaw. :D

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
What Rojo has going for him is that he's the only left-footed centerback out of the four, and he is the most comfortable at LCB. He's every bit as good as Smalling at pure defending, but he's a much better ball player and helps the team build attacks from the back. He can also do a job at left back if needed, but it's clearly not his best position.

He needed this boost not only for United, but also for himself and his odds of being selected for Russia 2018. Argentina play him at LB because they don't any better options in that position, but I feel that right now he is better than Otamendi and on par with Musacchio as the best Argentine centerback in the world.

AgentP

What Rojo has going for him is that he's the only left-footed centerback out of the four, and he is the most comfortable at LCB. He's every bit as good as Smalling at pure defending, but he's a much better ball player and helps the team build attacks from the back. He can also do a job at left back if needed, but it's clearly not his best position.

He needed this boost not only for United, but also for himself and his odds of being selected for Russia 2018. Argentina play him at LB because they don't any better options in that position, but I feel that right now he is better than Otamendi and on par with Musacchio as the best Argentine centerback in the world.
He needs to keep performing at this level though for another season atleast to be considered as a CB option for Argentina. Right now, I don't even know who our best defender is when everyone's fit. The partnership that he has developed with Jones will give these two the edge over over Bailly and Smalling for the time-being.

Womp

idiot

Marcos got his own youtube vid... leaps and bounds, so proud :angel:
Guy deserves all the plaudits coming his way, after all the stick he's received, going from looking like the worst United player to ever play for the club to being our best defender and being pivotal in our winning streak as of late. Absolute beast.

prath92

His tackling is near perfect in most of those clips. But hey, he had 2 tackles where he could have been sent off so he is a liability.

Sereques

Fans are the worst when it comes to player analysis. The seal of approval Schneiderlin got on this forum before joining Man United, you do think he's shades of Edgar Davids. Same goes for players like Rodwell, Tiote, Dembele, Scott Parker etc.

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

NinjaFletch

Thought this was an important game from him today.

Perhaps not his most eye-catching, but for a guy with a reputation as a hot head he kept his composure well when his defensive partner and options in front of him were losing theirs.

prath92

he bailed out Jones a couple of times. thought he was probably our best defender

Bwuk

Our best defender today.

When Bailly comes back it'll be him and Rojo at CB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He kept spanking the ball as hard as he could, constantly ruining any flow we could have going forward. He was better than Jones and bailed him once or twice but I wouldn't exactly say he was good.

Womp

idiot
He kept spanking the ball as hard as he could, constantly ruining any flow we could have going forward. He was better than Jones and bailed him once or twice but I wouldn't exactly say he was good.
None of our players looked comfortable under pressure, it was relieving when they were just clearing the fecking ball.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
None of our players looked comfortable under pressure, it was relieving when they were just clearing the fecking ball.
Aye, it's a huge problem that weeded itself into the team under Moyes and van Gaal and is yet to be purged.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Would have rather seen him left-back, pushing on the wing to provide support to Martial. Not sure whether his understanding with Jones is as great as some make it out to be in this thread.

Fracture90

Truly unbelievable how Rojo has turned into a solid CB. Was great today, bailed out Jones in one occasion.

One thing i do hold against him is his constant hoofing of the ball upfront, tho it might be that it's the manager's orders.

Jaybomb

Probably our best player today. Cleaned up Jones and Pogba's mess a bunch of times. Hes been vital towards our unbeaten run.

Prodigy24

Thought he was excellent today, and long may it continue. He's playing with confidence and looks like he doesn't fear anyone out there. Honestly he looks like a completely new player! So happy for him!

nick2004

I can't believe that this guy is the real deal! I was sure he would be sold by now. And yet, he has put his head down, he has worked hard, and he is now an important player for us! Congratulations Marcos Rojo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.