Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hull City 2:1 Man Utd

Rossa

How can he be so good at centre back and so poor at lb? He plays lb for Argentina ffs. He should never feature at left back unless Shaw, Blind and Northwick-Jackson are all out for some reason. Even then, I would consider Riley or someone else.

Roboc7

Been very good as a CB but he is awful at lb and has been since he signed. We seem to be constantly making do in the full back positions, other than Valencia everyone else is nowhere near good enough (Shaw is the only exception but he can't get on the pitch for any length of time).

If we had better option than likes of rojo, blind and darmian top four wouldn't be an issue.

3KDré

How can he be so good at centre back and so poor at lb? He plays lb for Argentina ffs. He should never feature at left back unless Shaw, Blind and Northwick-Jackson are all out for some reason. Even then, I would consider Riley or someone else.
He's on loan.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Never ever play him at LB again, for the sake of the rest of the season.

Devil may care

I know he was in the World Cup team of the tournemant as a LB but he is awful for us in that position.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Is he good there for Argentina or does he just play there because he's a good defender and they don't really have anyone else? Don't see much of Argentina but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

He's just not suited to the position for me, there's completely different attributes needed to be good at full back compared to centre back in the modern game. He still does the defensive side of things to a decent standard for the most part when he plays there, he just doesn't offer much when we're in possession.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He didn't seem to want to play at left back, so just didn't bother with it.

ti vu

He ain't no LB if we're building a serious team. Our LB position is cursed by Evra voodoo

prath92

Is he good there for Argentina or does he just play there because he's a good defender and they don't really have anyone else? Don't see much of Argentina but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

He's just not suited to the position for me, there's completely different attributes needed to be good at full back compared to centre back in the modern game. He still does the defensive side of things to a decent standard for the most part when he plays there, he just doesn't offer much when we're in possession.
he created the most chances by a fullback in the WC. Even scored one iirc.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's like there's 2 different rojos.

The one at cb is confident, strong quick and decisive.

The one at lb is jittery, lacking concentration and foul prone.

Very odd! Get him back at cb.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looked good on the ball. Played a couple of neat reverse passes which I wasn't expecting. His header against the bar was a good leap and made great contact. Unlucky.

I can't remember any of his defending last night though. Mourinho seems to instruct our full backs to tuck right in to the penalty area when teams attack so our opposition always has acres of space to cross. Last night was the same, and I wouldn't peg that on Rojo, as it's every game, on both sides, no matter who plays full back.

Litch

He isn't no left back but at least has shown he is a very capable CB.....

Bwuk

One thing I really like about Rojo is his speed of pass. He can zip it straight to someones feet.

He's not a left back though. Always struggles when played there.

Robertd0803

He reminded us last night that he is not a left back. Id like to see him and Bailly as central defenders. But then Im all for him and Jones continuing their partnership as well.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks so good as a CB but as soon as he plays as a left back he turns to shit. Seems to forget all basics stuff he defender needs to do, it's quite weird. Keep him at CB please

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He really doesn't even look that good at CB. He has a horrible tendency to let the ball bounce and he's rash.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I really want to know what you think about our other CBs. I think he is the best we have.
Bailly has shown he has the potential to be better than any other CBs we have.

Smalling has had longer periods where he's shown more than Rojo has at any point in his United career. The issue is consistency.

Rojo's best form for us over 3 years has come in the last 2 months, and even in that form he should've had multiple red cards and proved a liability.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Jones style but he's effective. My personal preference has always been a 'Rio' type over a 'Terry' type, but I understand both are necessary, and both can be world class.

m1y2

my top3 player today, great season so far, should start alongside whoever is in form, smalling getting better too so it will be interesting while Bailly has the biggest potential and Mourinho's favourite, would be harsh to drop the others

prath92

best defender today. nothing got past him. he did the job of 2 people at times (shaw)

Ban

One more no nonsense CB performance. I absolutely love those. Keep it simple, kick it out if it's dangerous and defend.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Starting to feel him and Bailly are the future

Can't help but shake the feeling he'll go back to being shite at the same time though

Nicklas

The transformation of this guy! Really like that he's so vocal and no-nonsense type of defender - long may his form continue.
Him and Bailly together is gonna be :drool:

Bwuk

He has a similar style of play to Sergio Ramos.

Not saying he's as good as Ramos, but his aggression reminds me of him. Rojo was excellent again today, it'll be him and Bailly as our defence soon.

Litch

Did well again today and can't believe the turnaround of this player. Still only 26 too....

3KDré

He's getting better and better and better. I can't wait to see him with Bailly.

Sylar

No-nonsense stuff. I would like him to cut out some of the hoofs, but then if hes pretty much put into the situation hes gonna do it (think there were three I counted where I dont blame him for doing it, due to an underhit pass or similar).
Hes easily the best LCB we have too.

Skills

Snitch
He's like our attacking coach on the pitch. Doesn't stop shouting/instructing the players ahead of him during the build up.

Can he even speak English though?

Status
Not open for further replies.